Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Fahrmann

If he performs in preseason and at Colney he makes the position his own and he will start.

Another article notes he wants to show his skills in the best league and has a point to prove to his parent club. I can understand he wants to play for Schalke again. It's his team, but I do believe he is committed as he wants this opportunity to showcase his skills.

We will see but I think Krul will up his game. I think I would prefer fahrmann to start against Liverpool but maybe kruls experience with the group and performances may go up because if competition.

He also was part of our winning team so he does deserve it, but he has to prove it as fahrmann is certainly a player that upgrades our stock of keepers with genuine starter pedigree.

I think others will see the loan fee and approach as a good indication that he will start and it is a fair point, but any player has to prove himself

1 hour ago, USA Canary said:

Will be interesting to see how committed he is this season...

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/norwich-city/norwich-city-ralf-fahrmann-claims-he-wants-to-return-to-play-for-schalke/

Do you think he’ll be our number one?

The only way he gets to play for Schalke again is if he has a great season here so I wouldn't worry about his commitment. 

• Like 2

The same with most loanees really. Most go on loan to get game time/experience to help further their career with their parent club or at another club of a similar standard. 

The point is that the best way to further your career is to perform well at your loaned-to club.  You then may have a choice of staying or getting into the side when you return to your parent club.  It can be win-win for all concerned, but you obviously also get loans that don’t work.

• Like 1