Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Boaty McBoatface

In March 2016 a total of 125,000 people voted for a research ship to be called Boaty McBoatface. The decision was overturned because it was a stupid idea and a national embarrassment.

In July 2019 a total of 90,000 people voted for Boris Johnson to become Prime Minister......................................

22 minutes ago, king canary said:

Thought we were suggesting him for the DM role.

So in the end they gave the name to one of the unmanned research vessels which is based on the main ship. 

So Boaty McBoatface plays in the right colours..............and would of course be perfect coming on as a sub.........................

Boaty-McBoatface.jpg

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

So in the end they gave the name to one of the unmanned research vessels which is based on the main ship. 

So Boaty McBoatface plays in the right colours..............and would of course be perfect coming on as a sub.........................

Boaty-McBoatface.jpg

Intimidating physical presence in the middle but let down by a chronic lack of mobility on dry land.

So basically Owain Tudor-Jones.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

In March 2016 a total of 125,000 people voted for a research ship to be called Boaty McBoatface. The decision was overturned because it was a stupid idea and a national embarrassment.

In July 2019 a total of 90,000 people voted for Boris Johnson to become Prime Minister......................................

I love democracy, you get exactly what you deserve......

• Like 1

My favourite one of these I’ve seen is the one that more people voted to make the peanut butter chunky kitkat permanent than have voted for Boris to be pm... not even a good chocolate bar.

19 hours ago, king canary said:

Thought we were suggesting him for the DM role.

I would rather have Bradley Johnson.

Take your pick on which role.

• Like 1