Sign in to follow this  
Yellow and Green Man

What about Hanley at DM

All of our other centre backs have a thread but no one's mentioned Hanley. On the one hand, he doesn't have any of the attributes required and would be horrendously out of position. On the other, he's shown he's happy to 'get stuck in' and pick up a card. Thoughts?

Edited by Yellow and Green Man
typo
  • Haha 2

I tend to disagree about mobility, Roy Keane player that role at United for years and wasn’t that mobile!

Its more about reading the game and covering any positions left open, knowing when to go to the player and having a good tackle. The issue comes with ball distribution, a really good holding midfielder can still pick out a good pass.

47 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

What about Onel Hernandez? He's mobile, he's a grafter, he's good technically, and he's maybe the only member of the first team squad who hasn't been suggested yet.

Emphasis more on squad than first team but,... Michael McGovern.

Natural defensive sensibility, used to considering distribution, great character to have in the dressing room at half time when we’re 4-0 down

What about Chris Domogalla? He's in very good physical condition and he showed during the derby last season that he's got an aggressive streak. He may not have any technical skill or footballing ability, but that didn't stop Lee Cattermole from having a long career in the Premier League.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

What about Chris Domogalla? He's in very good physical condition and he showed during the derby last season that he's got an aggressive streak. He may not have any technical skill or footballing ability, but that didn't stop Lee Cattermole from having a long career in the Premier League.

I can imagine Farke getting sun stroke in this heat, and approaching Chris Domogalla with this, while sipping his 8th Heineken.

Domogalla can also fill in for stiepermann because they look like twins.

Edited by Chelm Canary

Ben Kensall? If he can break up play the way he broke up the old ticketing system, if his ball-winning is as ruthless as his ability to extract money from the fans, if he protects the defence the way he's been trying to protect himself and covers the space how he's covering his **** then we could be onto a winner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Ridiculous post

It was Ed Wooton! Get him in

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Domogalla was giving it the big 'un as well, and was the one that got sent off.

Terrible response.  I know that!

OK, throw them both on then ... new-look CDM partnership made in heaven

9 hours ago, Yellow and Green Man said:

All of our other centre backs have a thread so but no one's mentioned Hanley. On the one hand, he doesn't have any of the attributes required and would be horrendously out of position. On the other, he's shown he's happy to 'get stuck in' and pick up a card. Thoughts?

I think that could be as successful as playing Stephen Whittaker in midfield

7 hours ago, Iwans teeth said:

remember  Steven Whittaker brilliant dm game 

Oh god! Please don’t remind me of that moment!!! 😳

1 hour ago, USA Canary said:

Oh god! Please don’t remind me of that moment!!! 😳

If nightmares are your thing, I saw the Doc play DM at Stoke under Grant .... it didn't go well.