Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

If and when Ashton goes, bring in Cameron Jerome from Cardiff?

provding we get more then £6mill from ashton (lets face it, he''s off in january) then why not replace him with the young lad from cardiff (19 years of age).

He''s strong,powerful,quick and no hamstring problems present!

the manager has stated he will probably leave should a bid come in and i reckon we could get him for £2mill

heres the article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/4573362.stm

plus they might want the money to fund a move for koumas?

He''s definitely a good player, but I believe that some Prem teams are lining him up, according to the Press.

I still don''t think Ashton will leave. I think he will stay until at least the summer. Depending on where Norwich end up, Premiership or Mid table obscurity will determine his future for him.

Boro got rid of him on a free, and he''s scored a few goals for a reasonable Cardiff team. There''s nothing about him to make me think he''s all that good

I believe the reported 7.5 m asking price will make most of the prem teams baulk at buying him.  Only one of the big 6 have that kind of money to spend on 1 player apart from Newcastle who will want to replace shearer, but I wouldn''t expect them to make a move until the end of the season when Shearer retires (if?). They''ll also be wanting a small pacey forward now Owens injured.