Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Hammered by Brentford!!!

Start of the season getting ever closer.  Not looking good.  As with the previous 2 seasons we are still shipping goals at an alarming rate.  We are in dire need of defensive reinforcements before the start of the season otherwise it will be like taking candy from a baby for most other Premier League teams when they play us.  Come the end of the season the goals against column isn't going to make pretty viewing.

One positive, after half a dozen games, there'll be no problem getting tickets 😉

Dunno what goes through the mind of the board thinking they can spend 50p and think they'll stay up.  I reckon that's either worryingly naive or brazenly disrespectful or both.

Come on Webber, Fake and Delia, pull yer fingers out and wake up and smell the coffee!

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

I blame Ben Kensall.

Yes, he will have some part to play in it.  I wonder who the board's next patsy will be once he gets the boot?

I do hope this is a post to troll? It’s a friendly match in 34 degree heat behind closed doors. The aim is simply to get the fitness levels up, it tells us nothing 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Start of the season getting ever closer.  Not looking good.  As with the previous 2 seasons we are still shipping goals at an alarming rate.  We are in dire need of defensive reinforcements before the start of the season otherwise it will be like taking candy from a baby for most other Premier League teams when they play us.  Come the end of the season the goals against column isn't going to make pretty viewing.

One positive, after half a dozen games, there'll be no problem getting tickets 😉

Dunno what goes through the mind of the board thinking they can spend 50p and think they'll stay up.  I reckon that's either worryingly naive or brazenly disrespectful or both.

Come on Webber, Fake and Delia, pull yer fingers out and wake up and smell the coffee!

Binner. 

• Like 2

Well, on another thread I said give it 4 weeks before this kind of post.

Sometimes I give the weaker elements of our fanbase too much credit.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I am assuming the original message is a parody of what people will be complaining about during the season and not actually serious. Am I being too generous?

Similar things at the start of last season - unless the OP was being ironic? I find it hard to tell sometimes...

6 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I am assuming the original message is a parody of what people will be complaining about during the season and not actually serious. Am I being too generous?

Given the posters history, far too generous. 

• Like 2

Like I wrote after the Schalke game, friendly's are hard to tell, as one side may take it seriously, whilst the other team may train though or up to the match.  

55 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Given the posters history, far too generous. 

What history would that be then?  The one where I was critical at the start of last season, after a few games, as were many others?  Nobody then could forsee that we would go on to win the league, even the most positive of Percys. 

We then had certain people, creaming themselves, resurrecting old threads, with very poor attempts at I told you so posts, trying to point score, which ultimately said more about them than anything else, didn't we.  I won't however, lower myself to the same levels as those people if we are relegated at the end of the season.

If it needed explaining, which surprisingly (or not) it obviously did, my post is an extreme parody of the issues which I would hope are being adressed.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Bless

51 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

What history would that be then?  The one where I was critical at the start of last season, after a few games, as were many others?  Nobody then could forsee that we would go on to win the league, even the most positive of Percys. 

We then had certain people, creaming themselves, resurrecting old threads, with very poor attempts at I told you so posts, trying to point score, which ultimately said more about them than anything else, didn't we.  I won't however, lower myself to the same levels as those people if we are relegated at the end of the season.

If it needed explaining, which surprisingly (or not) it obviously did, my post is an extreme parody of the issues which I would hope are being adressed.

And where did you all go when we were doing well ?

Webber has even explained in language that any football supporter could understand that next year there will be games where we are beaten heavily. Even if we were to come back down we are already far more prepared than you binners are should you get promoted. 

I guess people like you will be judging us on any beatings we get next year instead of the success to date ?

In case you didn’t know regards our defence Klose is about to return ( a player who was probably our best Premiership player last time round ), Aaron’s is wanted by most top 6 teams ( allegedly ) Godfrey is wanted by Manure ( allegedly ) Lewis is wanted by Spurs ( allegedly ) and Zimmerman is being watched by Arsenal ( allegedly ) so I suspect we have not only some of the best young defenders in the Premiership ( Klose excluded ) but 3 of them are English. The binners best young player seems to see it as step up to play in our under 23’s, we have come a long way since the likes of yourself disappeared from our message board.

I guess your deliberate misspelling of Farke ie Fake gives the game away re your support for NCFC to do well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

And where did you all go when we were doing well ?

Webber has even explained in language that any football supporter could understand that next year there will be games where we are beaten heavily. Even if we were to come back down we are already far more prepared than you binners are should you get promoted. 

I guess people like you will be judging us on any beatings we get next year instead of the success to date ?

In case you didn’t know regards our defence Klose is about to return ( a player who was probably our best Premiership player last time round ), Aaron’s is wanted by most top 6 teams ( allegedly ) Godfrey is wanted by Manure ( allegedly ) Lewis is wanted by Spurs ( allegedly ) and Zimmerman is being watched by Arsenal ( allegedly ) so I suspect we have not only some of the best young defenders in the Premiership ( Klose excluded ) but 3 of them are English. The binners best young player seems to see it as step up to play in our under 23’s, we have come a long way since the likes of yourself disappeared from our message board.

I guess your deliberate misspelling of Farke ie Fake gives the game away re your support for NCFC to do well.

😂 Oh dear

I suppose I'll give you a point for spotting the deliberate misspelling of Farke.

I thought it was a sarcastic one post. But when he replied, I thought just as most others did that this person must have been waiting for something negative to happen.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

😂 Oh dear

I suppose I'll give you a point for spotting the deliberate misspelling of Farke.

So had Klose not got injured against Palace are you telling me we would have still been relegated ? He was immense

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

So had Klose not got injured against Palace are you telling me we would have still been relegated ? He was immense

Being serious, I haven't criticised Klose once.  Despite him hardly playing last season.  The only defender who I would say I have strong concerns about is Hanley, I don't think he is up to the PL.  I have posted as such previously. I wouldn't shed a tear if Hanley left.  Regarding defensive reinforcements, like many others, I think we still need a defensive midfielder.  I also think we need another Central Defender, someone better than Hanley, better on the ball who can push Godfrey, Zimm and Klose.  Who knows they could even become first choice.  Godfrey and Zimm weren't first choice at the start of the season. 

I also felt we needed another keeper, which we have covered now with Ralf.  I think we still need a defensive midfielder and I would also be much more content if we signed another central defender, an upgrade on Hanley.  Someone who I think we may end relying on a bit, if like last season we suffer injuries, we may even try different formations in the PL compared to last season.

I honestly don't think a pre season friendly means or shows anything really, certainly not the result to us mere fans.  I recall Newcastle a few seasons back in the Champs, lost to a team a few leagues below in pre season and then ended up walking the league.

1 hour ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Regarding defensive reinforcements, like many others, I think we still need a defensive midfielder.  I also think we need another Central Defender, someone better than Hanley, better on the ball who can push Godfrey, Zimm and Klose.

I think we still need a defensive midfielder and I would also be much more content if we signed another central defender, an upgrade on Hanley.  Someone who I think we may end relying on a bit, if like last season we suffer injuries, we may even try different formations in the PL compared to last season.

Why are you repeating yourself?

14 hours ago, JF said:

I do hope this is a post to troll? It’s a friendly match in 34 degree heat behind closed doors. The aim is simply to get the fitness levels up, it tells us nothing 

It should have told DF that Mclean isn't his man. Why didn't Trybull start ?  Trybull & Leitner did well against Schalke as a central midfield pairing. Mclean doesn't bring anything to the party - except perhaps a "loss"

2 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Mclean doesn't bring anything to the party - except perhaps a "loss"

A tad unfair, from memory we went 12 unbeaten at the end of last season with McLean in the side.

17 hours ago, hogesar said:

By definition by giving them any credit you've given them too much...😜😎😍

• Like 1

I'd  like to point out that Jamal Lewis is Northern Irish, which isn't English. So 2 of our great you g defenders are English,  not 3.