Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Test cricket

Great to see Denly finally dig in and earn some praise, we’ll done old boy, now get that hundred!

• Like 1

A good effort today, a bit of pride restored. We needed this in the 1st innings though, not when the match is over. England will collapse at some point, they always do.

Stokes is doing all he can, but he is being badly let down by some of his team mates here.

On 23/08/2019 at 18:22, Herman said:

A hot, long weekend where there could have been plenty of opportunities to sit in the garden, cold one in hand and radio on with TMS chatting away. Ho hum.

Get yourself another tinny

• Haha 1

Same here Ron

I never thought I would see anything like that again...but here we are.

The best one run innings ever from Leach:classic_biggrin:

Edited by Van wink
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Wow just wow. What a summer of cricket. What a time to be alive.

Exactly just wow!

Only cricket can do that. In the moment nothing can touch football, but at its best cricket is like a great play, or a grand opera, that throws the emotions this way and that as it builds towards its climax.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Only cricket can do that. In the moment nothing can touch football, but at its best cricket is like a great play, or a grand opera, that throws the emotions this way and that as it builds towards its climax.

Or like **** with an italian woman.👍

• Confused 1

I love Aggers commentary on games like that. His clear and obvious cricketer balance goes out of the window slightly, his voice rises a bit and his excitement gets the better of him. It was a joy to listen.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

I love Aggers commentary on games like that. His clear and obvious cricketer balance goes out of the window slightly, his voice rises a bit and his excitement gets the better of him. It was a joy to listen.

The last hour commentary is available on the bbc app, listened to it this morning, great stuff.

2 hours ago, lappinitup said:

Watching the Windsies v India - Blimey.their bowler, the size of Cornwall. 🤔

Fixed that Laps. 😀

• Haha 2

I know he's a great batsman but this team seems to have a complete mental block when it comes to Smith. It's almost like they don't believe they can get him out.

8 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

This Leach no ball is an omen ... no Ashes for England I'm afraid... just not good enough

Only hope already feels like a draw in this one and a win at the oval. I just can't see it though as we seem to guarantee Smith a century everytime he bats.

Interesting stat before today's match, no Australian bats man had averaged over 13 runs in the first three tests apart  from Smith and Labuschagne !