4 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

There's an awful lot of entitlement being expressed on this thread.

One person's entitlement is another persons loyalty.

11 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

There's an awful lot of entitlement being expressed on this thread. The old system was prioritising people as well, just based on who had the ability to go to more games and could afford the time/money to have a season ticket. Is that fair on exiles? People didn't **** about it then. Also, with fewer away games this season the points will be less of a differential as the season goes on (assuming they expired after x months).

I see the new membership scheme as more being an attempt to reduce the casuals who only want to go to the big games. Yes it could have been done better and certainly communicated more effectively but its an attempt to keep it fair. It is more subscribed than I imagine they thought it would be which causes problems, but then how would you manage the cap? Stagger the release of memberships according to points from last season? Or perhaps don't cap and offer a discount based on points, but only those from attending matches? Both could be considered fairer perhaps, but people would still moan about it...

The entitlement is real.  Why should people who haven't been going to matches in the last few seasons, whether home or away suddenly have the ability to get tickets more than those who have been going to matches?  It would have been quite simple to have a fairer system.

For away - a 750 (10+ away games) gold priority, a 750 silver priority (1-9 away games) and a third group for new or previously non buying supporters - we have three groups now, so it is not much different apart from it being more fair.

For home, the same kind of thing - three priority groups - say 500 tickets for those who attended 10+ home games, 500 for those 1-9 and then 500 for new previously non - buying supporters.

The lottery that is there now is wrong in many ways - and yes, imo there should be those who feel more entitled than others.

Edited by lake district canary

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

One person's entitlement is another persons loyalty.

So you think because a fan managed to go to 8 away games last season that makes them a better/more deserving fan than someone who could only make it to 3 because they live in the **** end of nowhere and have young kids (that isn't me by the way, I made none last season and would only have been possibly able to make one or two this)?

Just now, cornish sam said:

So you think because a fan managed to go to 8 away games last season that makes them a better/more deserving fan than someone who could only make it to 3 because they live in the **** end of nowhere and have young kids (that isn't me by the way, I made none last season and would only have been possibly able to make one or two this)?

Yeah, pretty much. Not a 'better fan' but ahead in the queue for tickets.

I made it to two away games last season. I could maybe have gone to more but had various reasons why not. For me it is entirely fair that someone who got to 8 games last season has more of a chance of getting tickets.

Why would someone in the **** end of nowhere with no kids suddenly be more able to get to a game this season rather than last? Could it be that they only think it is worth the effort if they get to go to Old Trafford rather than Hull City?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I cannot believe the number of fans who just swallow any old cr*p the club comes out with and think it is anything to do with fairness. It is 100% about commercial revenues. Nothing do do with fairness at all. 

I can't believe the number of people who begrudge the club they claim to love trying to do something different.

Even if it is just about making money, we are a self sufficient club, I really value that, i would choose.loyalty from the owners to the club to having a stinking rich owner who doesn't care about us other than how it reflects on them. If the board felt that they needed the extra income to help sustain the club in the best state it can be then fair enough. It's not as though they are.taking vast sums of money out to fund their lavish lifestyle...

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Yeah, pretty much. Not a 'better fan' but ahead in the queue for tickets.

I made it to two away games last season. I could maybe have gone to more but had various reasons why not. For me it is entirely fair that someone who got to 8 games last season has more of a chance of getting tickets.

Why would someone in the **** end of nowhere with no kids suddenly be more able to get to a game this season rather than last? Could it be that they only think it is worth the effort if they get to go to Old Trafford rather than Hull City?

In my hypothetical they managed to get to some games last year and they could manage to get to similar games this year. To be honest I was thinking more Cornwall or Scotland and going to Southampton instead of bristol or Newcastle instead of boro, not the big games...

It’s not as if the

2 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I can't believe the number of people who begrudge the club they claim to love trying to do something different.

Even if it is just about making money, we are a self sufficient club, I really value that, i would choose.loyalty from the owners to the club to having a stinking rich owner who doesn't care about us other than how it reflects on them. If the board felt that they needed the extra income to help sustain the club in the best state it can be then fair enough. It's not as though they are.taking vast sums of money out to fund their lavish lifestyle...

It’s not as if they are putting any money in to build up the value of the massive asset they have managed to acquire on the cheap either though is it. They just let the fans fund everything so they can hand their plaything on to nephew Tom debt free in the future. 

Fact is the amount they have made out of this is small fry by the standards of premier league clubs and is likely to make s*d all difference yet they have p**sed off and alienated a large chunk of the fan base. When they need us we are the “best fans in the world” but now they don’t we are there to be exploited. It’s massive hypocrisy and shows a complete disdain for a large number of their most loyal fans. 

4 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

In my hypothetical they managed to get to some games last year and they could manage to get to similar games this year. To be honest I was thinking more Cornwall or Scotland and going to Southampton instead of bristol or Newcastle instead of boro, not the big games...

In your hypothetical they are now worse off under this scheme now than they were before.

3 or 4 games gives them some loyalty points that would give them a half decent chance. 

This season they're no better off than some random who really fancies a trip to Old Trafford having not been to an away game in years but can spend the £50.

• Like 1

Should be like "Willy Wonka"......You apply for away tickets and pay for them......the envelope drops on the mat and you open it, if it contains a gold ticket.....HUZZAH! Good fortune and off to Man U, Spuds or the Hammers etc, etc.... 🙂 .....If it contains a bronze ticket, that'll be for a burger and chips and drink in Yellows.....then it's better luck next time......BUT! If it contains a Platinum ticket you get to fly to away games in the executive aircraft  with our Majority shareholding duo and the rest of the board.....WOW!......That would be absolutely spiffing! 😉

A ticket for away games is a lottery anyway......so why not go the whole hog?......Cheerio, now off to get some Sun and Beer! 🙂  

On 24/07/2019 at 22:51, Branston Pickle said:

It is astonishing how this is being classed as “shafting” the fans and “shambolic”.  It really isn’t either.  We have a limited supply of tickets with more people wanting them. It is inevitable that some will miss out.  I’ve both been to and missed out on going to things many times over the years, it’s just the way things go.

I agree, but the Club demanded from “their” loyal supporters £50 as an incentive to get (away) tickets! We  may all have missed out on going to events but we were not asked for £50 as some kind of guarantee to get that ticket.

This “scheme” certainly evidences a distinct lack of forethought by Kensell and the board, and it is quite plain, it now appears, was simply a ruse to cover income shortfall on the Premier League £30 maximum charge!

19 hours ago, king canary said:

In your hypothetical they are now worse off under this scheme now than they were before.

3 or 4 games gives them some loyalty points that would give them a half decent chance. 

This season they're no better off than some random who really fancies a trip to Old Trafford having not been to an away game in years but can spend the £50.

Yep thats me , been going to a few away games every year for years,so had loyalty points, I am not paying £50 on the off chance I might get a ticket.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not shafted, they’ve just changed the rules and made them simpler - but it’s not as if we as supporters don’t get anything in return, going to games and (last season) seeing us win...unless you only went due to the points?   

Perhaps the club could maybe have made concessions for some (indeed, I thought they had) but I do think this “large number” of people with so many loyalty points being ‘shafted’ is being somewhat overstated on here.   I recall Brentford last season when they had limited supply (c1600) and I think 7-8 different sales dates/times - that is ridiculously complex - and yet they still made it down to ‘standard’ members if not general sale.

As to the £50 fee, that’s perhaps a tricky one - but it was a choice you could decide to make or not. With the membership scheme as it is, there had to be a fee of some sort, otherwise we’d all get one and it would be an even bigger free-for-all.  I personally didn’t get an away membership, I’ll just go if/when I can - I have my s/t (with which I have lost out priority) and will see how it goes.

All in all I don’t think the club has done any (intentional) “shafting”, but will clearly be looking at what goes on.  This first (few) game(s) would always be a bit oversubscribed and it will hopefully calm down. 

With all due respect they told us that clubs in the Premiership rarely have a loyalty scheme - this was untrue. Premiership supporters clubs have spent years getting away tickets down to £30 max - along come Norwich who think it’s ok to break that rule by making an additional charge. One thing they could maybe do is at least claim the full allocation each time and if they don’t sell out use the £50’s to cover the cost. As you point out not many wanted to go to Brentford away as was the case with Middlesbrough late on a Saturday night. My son went but couldn’t get a ticket for the Liverpool game despite paying his £50 which for a 15 year old he feels you pay your money you get your ticket.

So yes he is one of the most loyal supporters you could imagine, however he now feels he has been shafted as he has been laughed at by people who have never been to an away game that are now off to Liverpool.

48 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Yep thats me , been going to a few away games every year for years,so had loyalty points, I am not paying £50 on the off chance I might get a ticket.

Exactly the same for me. I’ve targeted Oxford and Crawley though, no problem getting a ticket on general sale and two new grounds to tick off 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, city4eva said:
21 hours ago, king canary said:

Yep, same here, but my choice was - ok, I don't mind paying £50 (£40 in reality) for a membership, but not £100 for two so have bought a home membership thinking I would want to go to CR at least at once, but realise I have more chance of picking one up on the grapevine there and would have been better getting an away membership. My bad.  I have sorted Chelsea without the need for membership, which I'm pleased about, so hopefully will get to a few more there, with or without the help of the membership.

As for away games, last time I went to away games in the PL, I sometimes resorted to getting tickets sitting with the home fans - it's not so bad - and you get a great view and sense of how good our away support is looking across at a sea of yellow and noise that dwarfs home fans a lot of the time. I guess I'll be doing the same this season. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yep, same here, but my choice was - ok, I don't mind paying £50 (£40 in reality) for a membership, but not £100 for two so have bought a home membership thinking I would want to go to CR at least at once, but realise I have more chance of picking one up on the grapevine there and would have been better getting an away membership. My bad.  I have sorted Chelsea without the need for membership, which I'm pleased about, so hopefully will get to a few more there, with or without the help of the membership.

As for away games, last time I went to away games in the PL, I sometimes resorted to getting tickets sitting with the home fans - it's not so bad - and you get a great view and sense of how good our away support is looking across at a sea of yellow and noise that dwarfs home fans a lot of the time. I guess I'll be doing the same this season. 

I *hate* sitting with home supporters when we're away. If I want to watch us play, it's pretty much guaranteed there will be a stream if it's not televised this season. When I want to support the team, I want to be in with our supporters making noise.

Not saying I'm right and you're wrong Lakey, just that for me the communal experience is a huge part of going to games.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I *hate* sitting with home supporters when we're away. If I want to watch us play, it's pretty much guaranteed there will be a stream if it's not televised this season. When I want to support the team, I want to be in with our supporters making noise. Not saying I'm right and you're wrong Lakey, just that for me the communal experience is a huge part of going to games.

I totally agree, but if it means I get to see the game, I'll deal with it - and the positive to find is the joy in watching our fans enjoy themselves.

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

Premiership supporters clubs have spent years getting away tickets down to £30 max - along come Norwich who think it’s ok to break that rule by making an additional charge.

My wife supports Arsenal and their membership scheme is basically identical to what we have now and always has been, so think the above quote is a little unfair on NCFC.

Arsenal have 3 levels for Home membership: -
Gold - Season ticket Holder
Silver - Top Priority Member
Red - Priority Member

Sale dates for their tickets are in 3 brackets. Gold + Silver first, then Red, then general. You can't even be a part of the Arsenal Away membership scheme without being a Home member for the previous season.

So we've basically just butchered this model with season ticket holders not as high up the list.

Just now, Vazzza said:

My wife supports Arsenal and their membership scheme is basically identical to what we have now and always has been, so think the above quote is a little unfair on NCFC.

Arsenal have 3 levels for Home membership: -
Gold - Season ticket Holder
Silver - Top Priority Member
Red - Priority Member

Sale dates for their tickets are in 3 brackets. Gold + Silver first, then Red, then general. You can't even be a part of the Arsenal Away membership scheme without being a Home member for the previous season.

So we've basically just butchered this model with season ticket holders not as high up the list. 

Hardly surprising our scheme is similar to Arsenal's - Ben Kensell spent eight years there.........

36 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Tickets arrived this morning, first sign the season is almost upon us.

close season seems so long this time around 

"Tickets", you need more than one ?

1 hour ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Tickets arrived this morning, first sign the season is almost upon us.

close season seems so long this time around 

Curious Jobsworth what games are you considering going to at the moment? I try to go to one a season and generally try not to go for the big games.

Edited by KiwiScot

1 hour ago, sillysausage said:

"Tickets", you need more than one ?

Of course he does, he has multiple personas who are all real ‘friends’ honest.......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KiwiScot said:

Curious Jobsworth what games are you considering going to at the moment? I try to go to one a season and generally try not to go for the big games.

I will try and do them all, week day ones are the more difficult for me to do due to work commitments 

The sale of Liverpool away tickets was a shambles. The day Away Priority Members were supposed to be able to obtain them the phones appeared have no staff answering them. I phone at 09.00 and every minute for 14 minutes and got the ‘we are busy phone again later’. On this basis Away Priority Membership is a waste of money. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Hardly surprising our scheme is similar to Arsenal's - Ben Kensell spent eight years there.........

His shelf life here will not be that long.

On 26/07/2019 at 11:57, Jobsworth Canary said:

No I just have friends you should try it 😉

Not on here he hasn’t