Logged in bang on 9am

....35 min wait, when I got on all tickets were sold out.

...after a few minutes of cursing and refereshing the site , restricted and severely restricted view seats became available.....managed to bag a restricted..., guess that must be at the back, underneath the upper tier, with the low roof?

......and yes, Ben Kensall fronts this....any problems with this scheme this season are on his watch.

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Had a browser ready to go and waiting on the holding page before 9am.  Immediately put into a 29 minute queue and by the time I got in all non-restricted view tickets had gone. Not a great experience so far!

Edited by StewB
  • Like 1

I’m a ST holder so don’t have to worry about this, don’t go away. From the outside all the system needs is a little tweaking to recognise  the number of games attended then spread the deadlines out a bit, simples ?

1 minute ago, StewB said:

Had a browser ready to go and waiting on the holding page before 9am.  Immediately put into a 29 minute queue and by the time I got in all non-restricted view tickets had gone.  It seems to be luck how long you're in the queue for?  Not a great experience so far!

As I said back when this was first announced, we're the "lucky" ones who can be online bang on 9am for a chance of getting tickets.  What about those who don't have desk jobs... the midwife delivering a baby, the bus driver on the Acle straight, the teacher just starting the first lesson of the day.  The list is endless.  This is the most ridiculous thing the club has done for many, many a year.

31 minutes ago, Ray said:

Based on what I know, Ben Kensell may not have been the driver/designer of this new scheme, however is being left out to dry, so to speak.  The scheme would have been approved by the Board and BK is simply the front man.  I think we should cut the individual a little slack in terms of giving him personally a hard time, give him a few messages to take back to those who approved the scheme by all means, but to lay all the anger and blame at his feet is, in my opinion, somewhat unfair and invalid.

His responsibilities as reported on the website are -  " responsible for leading the commercial revenue generating areas of the club, including sponsorship, ticketing, advertising sales, retail, lotteries, hospitality and special events".  Sounds like it is his responsibility to me. Who else would it be?

7 minutes ago, Matt Juler said:

As I said back when this was first announced, we're the "lucky" ones who can be online bang on 9am for a chance of getting tickets.  What about those who don't have desk jobs... the midwife delivering a baby, the bus driver on the Acle straight, the teacher just starting the first lesson of the day.  The list is endless.  This is the most ridiculous thing the club has done for many, many a year.

.....and thats for those with internet access....no chance for anyone trying to phone in, answer message saying they are busy due to high demand

......west ham is going to be a killer.

May have to buy a ticket for that strange red structure/tower thing outside the london stadium and watch it from up there with a pair of binoculars?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Matt Juler said:

I'm slightly confused.

What are the club supposed to do, reserve tickets for each trade?

Release some at weekends or 3.30 for teachers?

Some just after dinner for post men (or women)

Some at 5am for people just finishing nights?

Sale dates have been announced for some time, plenty of time to make arrangements with work/family/friends if its that important to you.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

His responsibilities as reported on the website are -  " responsible for leading the commercial revenue generating areas of the club, including sponsorship, ticketing, advertising sales, retail, lotteries, hospitality and special events".  Sounds like it is his responsibility to me. Who else would it be?

Hi LDC,

I don't dispute it is his responsibility to be the front man, but just because you have a job description that says what it says, it doesn't mean you can make all the decisions, or that a decision will not be passed down from above.  You may not agree with a passed down decision but are required to implement it, this is what I am saying, the scheme may not have been his idea and he may not have agreed with it, however it is his responsibility to implement it.  That comes with the job, my point was that there appears to be some on here who believe it was him and him alone behind this and therefore are focusing all their anger on him as an individual, when others may have their prints on it.  That said, I'm sure he is man enough to deal with it and anyway that is what he is paid to do, I simply wanted to point out it may not have been his 'scheme'.

Cheers

Ray

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

I'm slightly confused.

Sale dates have been announced for some time, plenty of time to make arrangements with work/family/friends if its that important to you.

It's very simple.  Make it so there is a level of priority beyond paying £50.  

2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

I'm slightly confused.

I think what the club are supposed to do is to not pretend that 6000 will go into 2000 and stagger the sale dates in accordance with a fairer priority?

24 minutes ago, Matt Juler said:

I agree it's unfair for those whose commitments mean they're busy at the start of the ticket sale window, but it's not hard to think of a way they could get someone else to try for them. Don't bring us problems, bring us solutions 😉  - how could it be improved?

I got one in the end BTW 😀

Large.png

One of the reasons I was told that they wanted this scheme in place was that the box office couldn't be bothered with dealing with points as it slowed the sale of tickets down.  I guess as Liverpool sold out in 55 mins today they have achieved that objective! 

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Sounds like he's done his job then, because they've generated £xxx,xxx of revenue that wouldn't have existed otherwise.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

I agree it's unfair for those whose commitments mean they're busy at the start of the ticket sale window, but it's not hard to think of a way they could get someone else to try for them. Don't bring us problems, bring us solutions 😉  - how could it be improved?

By having a well thought out points based system... just like we had with a few updates to take away the heavy bias to home season ticket holders (of which I'm one).

Norwich City's current take of loyalty is in line with a motor insurance company.  Unfortunately whilst I'll happily dump Direct Line in favour of Admiral, and probably move back in a few years, you don't do that with your football club.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I think what the club are supposed to do is to not pretend that 6000 will go into 2000 and stagger the sale dates in accordance with a fairer priority?

Personally, I like it because it's a fairly level playing field, and we don't have to read ten pages of conditions to work out where we stand. I suspect that, as many people have said, by the time we get to the end of the season, demand will have levelled out. If we stay up and the initial excitement of promotion has worn off, most people will be reasonably happy with how it works. Mind you, I am ignoring the effect of finishing top four in our first season back.

Edited by Nuff Said

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I got one in the end BTW 😀

Large.png

Do what we did last season?

One other point as this season goes on....anyone who manages to get/goes to many of the early away games this season will have no higher priority than an away premium membership holder who hasnt gone to any in the latter half of the season.

Someone might go to some of the less popular away fixtures in the 1st half of the season at the likes of burnley,brighton,bournemouth,southampton....but then miss out when Spurs away comes around in January having no more priority than someone who fancies a trip to Tottenhams new ground for their first away game??

Just now, king canary said:

Do what we did last season?

Personally, I was unhappy with that scheme. I did about five games in the first half of the season, then found it hard, then impossible to get tickets later. Presumably because home season ticket holders, some of whom rarely went to away games before, were able to get ahead of me in the queue. One man's meat is another man's poison and all that.

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

One other point as this season goes on....anyone who manages to get/goes to many of the early away games this season will have no higher priority than an away premium membership holder who hasnt gone to any in the latter half of the season.

Someone might go to some of the less popular away fixtures in the 1st half of the season at the likes of burnley,brighton,bournemouth,southampton....but then miss out when Spurs away comes around in January having no more priority than someone who fancies a trip to Tottenhams new ground for their first away game??

Yep.

Also loyalty based systems can help stimulate sales for less glamorous games. I work with Spurs fans who went to random away League Cup games in order to increase their chances of a ticket for the bigger ties.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Personally, I was unhappy with that scheme. I did about five games in the first half of the season, then found it hard, then impossible to get tickets later. Presumably because home season ticket holders, some of whom rarely went to away games before, were able to get ahead of me in the queue. One man's meat is another man's poison and all that.

So lower the points given to season ticket holders.

Right now this system doesn't remotely address the issue you have from last season.

The system rewards loyalty away season ticket holders and those doing more than 10 away games last season are guaranteed 

the plastics who didn’t support last season have to go into a lottery. It is eminently fair 

3 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

The system rewards loyalty away season ticket holders and those doing more than 10 away games last season are guaranteed 

the plastics who didn’t support last season have to go into a lottery. It is eminently fair 

Not really - what about those that did 8 or 9 games, they are now in with the same chance as someone who hasn't been to an away game in their life but paid the £50.

I bet your "alright Jack", so what do you care. 

Just now, Ren said:

Not really - what about those that did 8 or 9 games, they are now in with the same chance as someone who hasn't been to an away game in their life but paid the £50.

Alright jack or loyal fan I leave you to decide 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ren said:

Thats the category I'm in having done 8.......no , I'm not claiming that I should be in a high priory having only gone to a third of away games last season....but I should be in a higher priority than those who did 0-2 games??.....surely another staggered day of sales could have been made?

the fact is ...none of those 8 I did will count for anything this season, none of the away games i go to will count later this season either.....will they even count for next season?!?

......anyway, bagged a restricted view ticket but I suspect the fact its on TV on a Friday night had aided me in even getting that.

....West Ham will be quite another matter

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

1 hour ago, SteveN8458 said:

Got mine 🙂

Never been to Anfield, so another tick on the bucket list.

How come you have never been before  as it isn't as though the opportunity to go and watch Norwich play there has happened countless times  even in recent years ?

Edited by TIL 1010

The problem is that people are trying to fit multiple circumstances including loyalty into a one-fits-all system.  When it was just tickets in person or on the phone you had complaints that people couldn’t get there and/or had to queue for ages on the phone while at work (been there often); now you’ve got online sales as well...

The main issue seems to be that we have more people wanting to go than there are tickets available, at the moment.  I’m not sure quite how the club can magically make it work for all - we know there’s a bit of a lottery and unfairness in the system but there always has been and always will be for those who miss out.  I don’t know how many staggered days/dates/priority windows some people want but it will get confusing if we aren’t careful.  

For my part living in Surrey, getting to home games is c6 hours round trip, I have a season ticket and my son has a (priority) membership so can come when possible....the daft thing is that we have many ‘local’ (London-based) sides we just won’t/don’t get to see us play (unless as a neutral in the home end) but that’s just the way it is, we’ll go if/when we can.  Weekends we can’t get to we go and watch local non league sides who could do with the business.

21 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

How come you have never been before  as it isn't as the opportunity to go and watch Norwich play there has happened countless times ?

I’m quite astounded at the superiority we seem to be getting from some of the apparently more “loyal” who because of whatever circumstances are ok to go to games all over the place.  

I’m sure there’s plenty who would love nothing more than to go around the country watching football (and in my case, cricket) but don’t currently have that privilege due to family, work, financial or any of many other reasons, none of which should preclude them from being able to try to get to games when they can.. 

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 4

Surely we have to accept that first game in the new Premiership season against Liverpool is a bit of a "one off" and demand will be exceptional. I think it is a valid point that people who take the trouble to get up early, drive and then queue should perhaps get priority. But of course the Club want you to book online because they pick up more income i.e. credit card charges !! Its just a case of modern England for you these days. Money comes first !!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vos said:

Surely we have to accept that first game in the new Premiership season against Liverpool is a bit of a "one off" and demand will be exceptional. I think it is a valid point that people who take the trouble to get up early, drive and then queue should perhaps get priority. But of course the Club want you to book online because they pick up more income i.e. credit card charges !! Its just a case of modern England for you these days. Money comes first !!!

I'd argue the other way.  It's a Friday night, it's on TV.  If anything I'd say demand would be lower than many other games.

• Like 2