1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

How come you have never been beforeĀ  as it isn't as though the opportunity to go and watch Norwich play there has happened countless timesĀ  even in recent years ?

Not that it is any of YOUR business, but in previous years I devoted ALL of my spare time to my family. Yes I went to home matches as and when I could, both in time and finances. Now that I am close to retirement and my children are much older that is no longer such a big restraint. Last year I had a heart attack, so I feel more vulnerable hence my 'bucket list' comment!

More recently my children have all gone through university, which for most of us costs a fortune, so bank of mum&dad came to the fore.

Anything else you want to ask? inside leg measurement?

Edited by SteveN8458
more details

10 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

.....so, has anyone who wanted one not got one??......restricted view or otherwise??

If they've sold out, then either someone has missed out, or we have exactly 3,000 supporters who want to go. I suspect the former.

40 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

If they've sold out, then either someone has missed out, or we have exactly 3,000 supporters who want to go. I suspect the former.

I was talking more on this forum/thread?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:
40 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Ā 

All this is just another version of "I'm a better supporter than you are". Just because your life circumstances/choices allow you to go to awayĀ games doesn't mean you should be "entitled" to a ticket to the next one.

No different to a concert/theatre/festivalĀ when several thousand more people want to go than there are tickets available - first come, first served - or you pay more for hospitality if you can afford it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

All this is just another version of "I'm a better supporter than you are". Just because your life circumstances/choices allow you to go to awayĀ games doesn't mean you should be "entitled" to a ticket to the next one.

No different to a concert/theatre/festivalĀ when several thousand more people want to go than there are tickets available - first come, first served - or you pay more for hospitality if you can afford it.

Pretty much what I was sayingšŸ‘

May be of interest to some,

But it appears that whilst tickets were showing 'sold out' online (circa 9.40am), they were still available via phone at circa 10.30am.

Ā 

Ā 

The membership scheme this season is a prime example of the problems with an 'exclusive' membership which you simply buy your way into.

They turn out not being particularly 'exclusive' at all. This leads to members being understandably annoyed when they can't reap the perks of said membership - in this case getting tickets.

While loyalty schemes are far from perfect - they at least reward fans who have stuck with the club through our rougher patches. This new scheme seems like a full on lottery.

Ā 

36 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Spot on

Ā 

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Spot on

Ā 

Not how football works you have season tickets for home season tickets for away.

i am staggered by the negativity towards the club who are just trying to do right byĀ the fans.

Ā 

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

How come you have never been beforeĀ  as it isn't as though the opportunity to go and watch Norwich play there has happened countless timesĀ  even in recent years ?

What's it to you?

50 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

May be of interest to some,

But it appears that whilst tickets were showing 'sold out' online (circa 9.40am), they were still available via phone at circa 10.30am.

Ā 

Ā 

That is interesting. It would suggest there is a "pot" of tickets for each sales channel. Worth knowing for the future.

4 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Alright jack or loyal fan I leave you to decideĀ 

Someone who did 10 games in a promotion season is not necessarily more loyal than someone who has done 7-15 away games for 20 years but may have fallen just short of the 10 game mark last season. Indeed had the club given any warning of this shambles I suspect many would have made more sure they got to the ten game mark (I for example paid on on the gate twice which means itā€™s jot recorded and would have given me 10 aways.) as it is I suspect there are quite a few fans who got to 10 away games last season for the first time ever just because we were good away and doing well. You could also just buy an AST for the first time last year so again does not mean they are all long term hard core fans although I accept most are.

Indeed under the new system someone who did 10 awayĀ games but no other gamesĀ gets guaranteed a ticket whereas someone who did every home game and 9 aways (ie 32 matches) does not. How is that fair?

Now this scheme is being implemented the more of a disgrace it appears to be. Greed, hypocrisy and the club should be embarrassed. If they had any decency they would stop further sales but I bet they havenā€™t/wonā€™t, in fact I bet they use this morning to encourage more fans to buy the memberships.Ā 

1 hour ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Not how football works you have season tickets for home season tickets for away.

i am staggered by the negativity towards the club who are just trying to do right byĀ the fans.

Ā 

No. The club are doing the polar opposite. They are exploiting the fans for money. Pure and simple. Kensell admits it if you speak to him - he openly admits this is about raising commercial revenues from away memberships (he obviously does not say they are exploiting fans).Ā 

They could have tweaked the existing system to make it far fairer than this without any new membership fees if this was about fairness.Ā 

I think the whole ticket system stinks. I too think that 9am for starting to sell is ridiculous given the time people are working and there shouldn't be a priority system. Everyone is a fan and should have equal right to tickets. Also another failure is thatĀ NorwichĀ never ask for the maximum amount of tickets so shame on them!Ā 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sgncfc said:

The relationship between a club and its fans is fundamentally different to the relationship between customers and a theater or a concert venue.

As far as I can see every other Premier League club has a loyalty system that rewards fans who go to the less glamorous ties when the more in demand ones come about. Personally I've never made it to more than 3 or 4 away games in a season and only 2 last season.Ā I don't think it's fair that I now have as much chance as someone like Jim who has been to 8 or 9 a season regularly or as much chance as someone who hasn't made it to a City game in years but really fancies a trip to Anfield.

52 minutes ago, PAUL said:

I think the whole ticket system stinks. I too think that 9am for starting to sell is ridiculous given the time people are working and there shouldn't be a priority system. Everyone is a fan and should have equal right to tickets. Also another failure is thatĀ NorwichĀ never ask for the maximum amount of tickets so shame on them!Ā 

So when should they start to sell them? 6PM? Midnight? Not fair on shift workers like police and nurses. Maybe have priority occupations as well as a staggered start, with varying points depending on whether you've bought 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 tickets? Just how complicated would you like it to be?

And isn't it a little early to say we don't ask for our maximum allocation? There's only been one away game on sale so far.

7 hours ago, Matt Juler said:

It's very simple.Ā  Make it so there is a level of priority beyond paying Ā£50.Ā Ā 

Whats that got to do with the time they are released?

They'd still have to be released 'at X time' which wont suit all.

Edited by CDMullins

The playground willy waving is beyond belief and been since the membership scheme was announced.

"But ive been to more games than you"

Very cringey.

3 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

The playground willy waving is beyond belief andļ»æļ»æ been since the membership scheme was announced.

"But ive been to more games than you"

Very cringey.

It isn't 'willy waving' though is it?

It is basically how every football club in the country operates. I'm at a loss as to why 'rewarding loyalty' is now a negative in some peoples eyes.

By the same logic shall we not have a season ticket renewal period? After all, previous loyalty is meaningless, all season tickets should be up for grabs to everyone on May 1st! If you miss out, tough luck!

24 minutes ago, king canary said:

By the same logic shall we not have a season ticket renewal period? After all, previous loyalty is meaningless, all season tickets should be up for grabs to everyone on May 1st! If you miss out, tough luck!

But only if you've paid your Ā£50 to be in the lottery! šŸ™‚

Edited by SteveN8458

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

What's it to you?

The poster posts on an open public forum where Liverpool tickets and the membership scheme are being discussed that he has never been to Anfield which i found rather surprising as we have played there at least four times in recent years so i asked him politely why was it. Thanks for your valued input.

Edited by TIL 1010

6 hours ago, SteveN8458 said:

Not that it is any of YOUR business, but in previous years I devoted ALL of my spare time to my family. Yes I went to home matches as and when I could, both in time and finances. Now that I am close to retirement and my children are much older that is no longer such a big restraint. Last year I had a heart attack, so I feel more vulnerable hence my 'bucket list' comment!

More recently my children have all gone through university, which for most of us costs a fortune, so bank of mum&dad came to the fore.

Anything else you want to ask? inside leg measurement?

I thought my question was reasonable and polite but obviously not as you have gone off on one. I also have been manager at The Bank of Mum & Dad as far as university education and helping with car purchases, holidays etc go but i took that as part and parcel of parenting. Sorry to hear of your heart attack but i myself had a very serious illness five years ago which saw me in HDU at NNUH for eighteen days and spell a spell on a ward before returning home.

My intention was innocent and sorry you took offence but for one or two on here to attempt to portray it as a willy waving i am a better more loyal fan than you attitude is rather silly.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I thought my question was reasonable and polite but obviously not as you have gone off on one. I also have been manager at The Bank of Mum & Dad as far as university education and helping with car purchases, holidays etc go but i took that as part and parcel of parenting. Sorry to hear of your heart attack but i myself had a very serious illness five years ago which saw me in HDU at NNUH for eighteen days and spell a spell on a ward before returning home.

My intention was innocent and sorry you took offence but for one or two on here to attempt to portray it as a willy waving i am a better more loyal fan than you attitude is rather silly.

Your question was, imo, intrusive, hence my response. I gave additional details about my life as it appeared that you needed such information, hence your challenge. (was that the induction ceremony for the newbe?)

However I am going now, which is all that is important to meĀ šŸ˜‚ and my youngest son who is also going.

Ā 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yes, the comment in which your question was quoted, followed by an accusation of "superiority" about how loyal you are was rather strange, as you hadn't actually stated that you have got a ticket for the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteveN8458 said:

Your question was, imo, intrusive, hence my response. I gave additional details about my life as it appeared that you needed such information, hence your challenge. (was that the induction ceremony for the newbe?)

However I am going now, which is all that is important to meĀ šŸ˜‚ and my youngest son who is also going.

Ā 

Our 15 year old son has been a season ticket holder since the age of 3. He went to 8 away games last year mainly with his friends ( all of a similar age ). They strangely had no problem getting tickets for Middlesbrough away late on a Saturday night. They were so loyal in fact had they have been told they needed to do 10 away games for them to be able to go garunteed to matches this year we would probably have started letting them travel unaccompanied prior to Christmas. Instead of that they were asked for Ā£50 to be able to buy a ticket. Lo and behold they paid their Ā£50 and only 2 out of 6 of them got a ticket. They now have people laughing at them who have got tickets but never been to an away game before.Ā 

He considers himself no more a better supporter than anyone else ( even those unable to go to any games ) however he does consider himself shafted by the club who as he understands it have lied about the way other clubs implement their schemes.Ā 

He shows the first sign of the clubs we are one imploding due to the greed of the Premiership. Letā€™s see how many of these glory hunters are at the FA Cup 3rd round away to Oldham on a cold Friday night in January.

• Like 2

I'm away but tried get one for my cousin to go. Logged in at 9:20 and fail, sold out, no luck. Will have to try harder next time when I am back from hols otherwise what a waste of Ā£100

3 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I'm away but tried get one for my cousin to go. Logged in at 9:20 and fail, sold out, no luck. Will have to try harder next time when I am back from hols otherwise what a waste of Ā£100

Thatā€™s a really good point probably not intentional but what if you try to get tickets and this happens every game ?Ā