Linked with us.

I know nothing about how good he is/may become, but god it would be hilarious if this one turns out to be true.

I know he's a favourite of theirs but not a lot else. Thought he had a bit of a sketchy injury history though so can't see us spending big on him.

Always really liked him as a player and one I had hoped Norwich might go for.

Obvious questions about his injury record, but as he'd be coming into the U23s not a massive risk. Sign him up then loan him out to Sunderland...

Worth it's own thread for the extra eyes I'm sure it will attract. Seeing how indifferent we would all be about taking their most valuable asset.

• Like 1

The thread about Dozzell on twtd started with a poster saying he stood too far away from a conversation between Dozzell and his dad to hear it. He then makes up what he thought might have been said, now it’s on the eadt and pinkun. There really isn’t anything to see here

44 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

The thread about Dozzell on twtd started with a poster saying he stood too far away from a conversation between Dozzell and his dad to hear it. He then makes up what he thought might have been said, now it’s on the eadt and pinkun. There really isn’t anything to see here

The Pinkun are normally very good at labeling transfer rumours as such, so for me, it sounds like the EADT have a decent source.

40 minutes ago, king canary said:

I personally think he's overrated but it'd be hilarious so do it.

So much for the binners being happy to go down to League One, so they could play free flowing football with their youngsters, and now one of them wants out 😛

6 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

So much for the binners being happy to go down to League One, so they could play free flowing football with their youngsters, and now one of them wants out 😛

They're also soiling themselves at the prospect of Alan Judge leaving them for QPR. 

53 minutes ago, king canary said:

I personally think he's overrated but it'd be hilarious so do it.

Agreed. I don't know enough about him to form any opinion what-so-ever, but, I very much want this to happen, just to annoy them. 

Don't care whether he's a bag'o'****e, they love him at The Piggery. They see him as a tenuous connection to their glorious past and some of the knuckle-draggers would spontaneously combust at the thought of this!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Don't care whether he's a bag'o'****e, they love him at The Piggery. They see him as a tenuous connection to their glorious past and some of the knuckle-draggers would spontaneously combust at the thought of this!

Looks like a win win

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

Worth a couple mill just to wind those lot up, even if he goes no further than u23s

• Like 1

Can't see it myself. He's hardly in the same class as Godfrey, Lewis, Aarons or a Cantwell is he?

Besides, he has been brought up on the one dimensional, long ball game there so would struggle with our style.

Oh dear. I made my first contribution to the board yesterday, and got a minor kicking. And like a moth to a flame, here I am back for more...

Earlier in the year I was in the company of young Dozzell, in the course of some research I was doing for one of the Telegraph's football writers. It was fairly obvious to me that Andre really doesn't enjoy being known as 'son of Jason'. He appears tired of not being recognised in his own right, and seems to know that the best way to emerge in his own right would be to move. I also got the feeling that his mum has been a more solid support to him than his dad, who had the football world at his feet and blew it. (He has an uncle who is no stranger to Norwich Magistrates, and would spontaneously combust if Andre came to City, btw)

BUT, the problem for Norwich or any other club would be where to play him. The number 10 shirt is his natural home, but how can you play a number 10 who barely defend, let alone at Premier League level? 

If we are really eying up Ipswich players look no further than Teddy Bishop. He was the player who came on near the end of the Carrow Road game last season, and if my memory serves me well, we couldn't get near him or get the ball off him without fouling. If you don't believe me, watch the video.

Never mind Dozzell, Bishop would strengthen our squad 

I've always thought that Bishop was their best, if not only, prospect that we should be interested in. He can actually beat a man or two which is quite a rarity down south.

The problem is that he is turning into a bit of a sick note (now out again for a few months after getting injured in a pre-season warm up game.) It's therefore a definite no, no.

I seem to recall that he has had a reputation for being a billy big **** and although that may not be applicable nowadays it would still deter Farke no doubt.

Quite frankly even their best wouldn't get near our current first team squad and they are where they are for a reason.

• Like 1

Neither Bishop nor Dozzell would "strengthen our squad". None of the Ipswich players would. 

Signing one of them for the u23s is a different matter but I'd hardly be over the moon with the signings. They've both had injury problems and, from the little I've seen and the lot that I've heard, aren't all that great. 

Lankester might be worth a punt.. 

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Theres nobody in the whole squad of the 4th worst Championship team of all time , worthy of darkening our doors....u23 squad included

Yes, but we do need programme sellers and someone to work in the Club shop. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, ec-p said:

That last comment is utterly disgraceful.

To be fair I didn't know she had passed away (but then also didn't know her dad had played for I*****) - assuming that Drazen probably didn't either, otherwise why would he make the joke

• Thanks 1