jk147

Dennis politic set to sign

on a free taking advantage of Bolton's money troubles. 19, CM, had time on loan at Salford last season and did this 

imagine he'll be another excellent addition to under twenty threes.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Aren't we sick to death of politics on here already?

he's romanian and it's pronounced politich... so we might be okay on him. 

Cor I dunno.... Last two seasons it was all 'second rate, third tier Germans' and now it's all players who are barely old enough to wipe their own bot bots.

Whatever's gorn orrn in signings DANYUL AND STUURRRT???!!!

I’ve got to say I do hope we give Bolton some money for the lad, he looks a real talent watching extended highlights of him, and is worthy of a fee - it’s not like we’re totally skint now. It’s not about lining the Bolton owners pockets why I say this, just I feel really bad for their supporters watching their best young talent getting picked off left right and centre by the circling vultures - it must be an absolute nightmare for them not knowing whether they’ll have even a team for the start of their respective season, let alone a club!

• Like 1

Pete, remove this to the non football thread please.

We dont allow politics on here.

28 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I’ve got to say I do hope we give Bolton some money for the lad, he looks a real talent watching extended highlights of him, and is worthy of a fee - it’s not like we’re totally skint now. It’s not about lining the Bolton owners pockets why I say this, just I feel really bad for their supporters watching their best young talent getting picked off left right and centre by the circling vultures - it must be an absolute nightmare for them not knowing whether they’ll have even a team for the start of their respective season, let alone a club!

At the very least Bolton will receive a development fee of around £200-300k.

4 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

unless of course we're still owed money from matthews and wildschut which i think is likely.

2 minutes ago, jk147 said:

unless of course we're still owed money from matthews and wildschut which i think is likely.

That’s a good point actually, perhaps this is how we’ve come to an agreement with Bolton.

23 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

They will get nothing. 

Bolton players haven’t been paid in over 20 weeks - this is well over the point at which their contracts become void and they technically aren’t Bolton players and are now free agents. 

They can sign for anyone for free. 

Another good lad to sign -  are we going to have the best Reserve side in the division- are we going to keep all these lads happy ?

2 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Another good lad to sign -  are we going to have the best Reserve side in the division- are we going to keep all these lads happy ?

It seems like a lot of them will be out on loan, so the U23s won’t be great. 

The appointment of Neil Adams as "Loans manager" was ridiculed as a "jobs for the boys" sinecure by some at the time of his appointment.

How wrong they were and how good it is to have the right man in Neil A at the helm.

1 hour ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

They will get nothing. 

Bolton players haven’t been paid in over 20 weeks - this is well over the point at which their contracts become void and they technically aren’t Bolton players and are now free agents. 

They can sign for anyone for free. 

When Celtic signed Connell from Bolton this summer, they paid more than they were obliged to as a goodwill gesture.

Would we do the same?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

When Celtic signed Connell from Bolton this summer, they paid more than they were obliged to as a goodwill gesture.

Would we do the same?

Why would we? We should do what's in the best interests of our club, not theirs. Don't cheat or do anything underhand but play by the rules to the best interest of our club. If they have been mismanaged, that is unfortunate for them and I feel sorry for them but that is their problem, not ours.

Edited by All the Germans

5 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Would we do the same?

If we are still owed money (no idea if we are or not), then I don’t see why we should. A small goodwill gesture isn’t going to sort anything out for them.