I couldn't care less what anybody sexual preference happens to be. In all honesty the whole LGBT agenda is getting very, very boring now. Its pushed so hard everywhere you look and celebrated as if somehow who you fancy is an achievement. It is made out to affect far more people than it actually does and, frankly, given far too much attention. Hardly a day goes by without a BBC article about gay this or gay that. It also suggests a level of intolerance and prejudice that I just dont see anymore- am sure it exists but not to the level we are made to believe. A trendy cause for the liberal elites and business to push, a way to virtue signal- not least because wearing rainbow badges is a heck of a lot cheaper than actually alleviating poverty, raising wages, etc... Sure I will get hammered for this opinion. But truly it is getting boring now. Who cares- play football or don't, fancy who you want, get on with life. 

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Six posts since you got up this morning tends to suggest otherwise but hey just my opinion.

I appreciate your valuable feedback.

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It also suggests a level of intolerance and prejudice that I just dont see anymore- am sure it exists but not to the level we are made to believe. A trendy cause for the liberal elites and business to push, a way to virtue signal- not least because wearing rainbow badges is a heck of a lot cheaper than actually alleviating poverty, raising wages, etc... Sure I will get hammered for this opinion. But truly it is getting boring now. Who cares- play football or don't, fancy who you want, get on with life. 

Have a read of this then:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/14/homophobic-and-transphobic-hate-crimes-surge-in-england-and-wales

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

So if homophobic hate crime is increasing at the same time as a gay agenda is being aggressively promoted, perhaps the latter is  causing the former. 

In which case the solution would be to let people get on with their lives without pointing out their lifestyle preferences and the hate crime might just decrease.

4 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

So if homophobic hate crime is increasing at the same time as a gay agenda is being aggressively promoted, perhaps the latter is  causing the former. 

In which case the solution would be to let people get on with their lives without pointing out their lifestyle preferences and the hate crime might just decrease.

****ing hell.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

It's more likely that the 'gay agenda' is just giving more people (gay people on the receiving end or straight people who witness it) the confidence to report it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Yes, that’s probably right. I remember a huge increase in the promotion of the gay agenda in the 3 months after the Brexit vote in 2016, which resulted in an increase of 147% in homophobic attacks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, king canary said:

That is easy for you to say though. As a straight person you've never had to wrestle with this and neither have I. For my gay friends though I know coming out was a big deal that took a lot of soul searching and courage- for a public figure I'd imagine that is amplified and even more so for a male footballer in this country where he'd be the first person.

There is a great episode of South Park where one of the kids is trying to understand why his black friend is so hurt by his dad using the 'n word.' Eventually he has something of an epiphany that as hard he tries he just can't 'get it' because he isn't black. This is similar. It is easy for a straight person to say coming out shouldn't be a big deal because it isn't something they'll ever really understand. In these circumstances I tend to take the word of the people from the group because they know more than I do. 

See, this I can relate to. South Park offers everything

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Yes, that’s probably right. I remember a huge increase in the promotion of the gay agenda in the 3 months after the Brexit vote in 2016, which resulted in an increase of 147% in homophobic attacks.

Yes, I understand that many Remainers were feeling very bitter at the time, so you are probably correct. Many are still bitter. There is a correlation.

I want to commend the moderators for keeping this post live and thank everyone for their contributions. 

Free speech is vital, as is debate. If we don't air our views and listen to others we might not agree with we learn nothing. 

Should a Norwich player ever decide to make their homosexuality public we will all be in a better situation to respond appropriately. 

It is easy for a straight person to say coming out shouldn't be a big deal because it isn't something they'll ever really understand. In these circumstances I tend to take the word of the people from the group because they know more than I do.

I think it is too easy to say a straight person (is this acceptable to use as it assumes the opposite is bent) doesn't understand. Surely it is because generations since the 60's have understood and have done what they can to eradicate all forms of hate acts. But unfortunately, some will never accept it, and I don't just mean football crowds.