7 minutes ago, Diane said:

I was chatting to Di Cunningham from Proud Canaries about the @thatGay Pro account this morning and she said she think it's just another poor copycat account of the Gay Footballer twitter account ( 46k followers) . She pointed out that this account only has 80 followers,  ancient picture of CR in his bio, he's rt a spoof Frank Lampard account plus he had to be reminded the team were in Germany last week.

Bit sad if its a hoax account but guess we'll find out on Friday when he says he'll reveal himself

Well Done Diane. The Gay Footballer is due to come out publicly on 24th. As and when he does I will raise a glass to him. Absolutely brilliant show of bravery assuming it is genuine. Even if it isn’t it has continued the debate in a very proper way . Oh and “who’s you money on?” is the sort of bullsh1t that has no place in the discussion.  

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It does look very dodgy and I'm a little bit sceptical.

But would she make such a claim without having contacted the player and verified it?

It could both be true that there is a Norwich player set to come out and that twitter account is fake.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

It could both be true that there is a Norwich player set to come out and that twitter account is fake.

It could be, but unlikely.

How would the troublemaker who set up the fake account know that there was a Norwich player about to come out?

My gut instinct- and I really hope I'm wrong- is that it's a fake account and Amal has fallen for it.

This is a very dangerous thread with some of the characters we have on this forum.

It's utterly depressing the world has to deal with homophobia in 2019, but in my opinion a footballer coming out would definitely be an encouraging step.

Two of my closest family members are gay, they  came out in the late 70s early 80s, life was not easy for them in rural Norfolk, they both live elsewhere now.  Although they now have full happy lives, they still regard the coming out years as very difficult.  I will not speculate publicly  who the ncfc player is but my Gaydar is fairly well calibrated. Who ever raises  their head above the parapet of public announcement should be applauded and supported,  because for every person that says 'good for you' there will be another    who disapproves.  They are the ones who should be ashamed. 

41 minutes ago, king canary said:

If they have a decent marketing team they'd realise that ramping up speculation on public figures sexuality is at best crass and it worst a license to get sued.

I mean it was a joke.

Just now, king canary said:

Needs more wink face emojis

Yeah but every time I use one of those I die slightly inside and it didn't seem worth it for the level of joke.

Although upon reflection, perhaps I should save them for the bad one's that don't necessarily come across as jokes..

Maybe it's me but I don't really get all the noise about this, got every respect if there is someone who is going to tell the world that they are gay but just do it and be proud of who you are. 

I don't care whether a person is gay or straight, english or not, what religion they believe in, what colour their skin happens to be, whether they are from a rich or poor background; they are a person and on the inside just like the rest of us. 

Never have understood why people are so opinionated about it, let everyone be who they want to be, it's their life. 

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah but every time I use one of those I die slightly inside and it didn't seem worth it for the level of joke.

Although upon reflection, perhaps I should save them for the bad one's that don't necessarily come across as jokes..

Unfortunately, without all of us having any idea of your personality in real life, it is rather hard to judge whether someone is joking on forums. Or messages, What'sApp chats etc.

So, as much as emojis are a bit lame, they're sometimes a necessary evil 😊

Edited by BobLoz3

24 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean it was a joke.

A very dangerous game on these here forums.

How about a sweepstake?

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

A very dangerous game on these here forums.

How about a sweepstake?

Nah, we need a poll...

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

No, they got merged, and to the best of my knowledge nothing was deleted. Nobody has said anything out of place (yet).

Is that a challenge?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Equally, why should they need to "come out"? I don't have to announce to the world that I'm a jazz lover or a vegetarian. One day maybe everyone's sexuality will be as remarkable as the colour of their hair.

I hate jazz and vegetarians. Why can't we all just be meat eating metal fans like real men. My ex boyfriend was a veggie but that has nothing to do with it.

In what way is it brave to come out today? In 1920 maybe. But today? Please! 

LGBT is the most trendy, celebrated cause possible with every major government and business falling over themselves to congratulate. Whoever “comes out” will be guaranteed wall to wall media coverage and to be treated like a hero. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

I hate jazz and vegetarians. Why can't we all just be meat eating metal fans like real men. My ex boyfriend was a veggie but that has nothing to do with it.

There you go. Without a winky face emoji, I might be upset by this post. With it, I’m going to be totally fine.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

In what way is it brave to come out today? In 1920 maybe. But today? Please! 

LGBT is the most trendy, celebrated cause possible with every major government and business falling over themselves to congratulate. Whoever “comes out” will be guaranteed wall to wall media coverage and to be treated like a hero. 

Yeah, exactly! It's not like they're going to get abused by knuckle-dragging, Brexit-voting, Farageists week in week out as they try and earn their living, is it?!

I just wish that this wasn't headline news. 

Some will disagree and have dug depths to justify it but I feel that it will achieve nothing for the "cause," whatever that is.

I honestly feel that most level headed people in society, nowadays, are educated enough, wise enough and free thinking enough to accept a person in other ways than sexual orientation. Those that cannot probably never will, but will likely have to shelve their prejudices the more they see themselves as being infra dig, so to speak. 

I must be slightly homophobic as I need to turn my head away when I see men kissing each other on my television screen and I  rail against Gay Pride marches feeling they go too far. This delicate being is a little put out by them and does not wish to watch the antics.

Perhaps it's an age thing. Perhaps it's a normal hetrosexual's reaction.

Keep a low profile in life say I (except on the PInkUn forum that is) so I would want this to be a non-issue on a  live and let live basis.

Is wishing this all not to be made public in such a way another normal "hetro" reaction though, or is the fact that it is turning into  a fanfare also a step too far? 

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I just wish that this wasn't headline news. 

Some will disagree and have dug depths to justify it but I feel that it will achieve nothing for the "cause," whatever that is.

I honestly feel that most level headed people in society, nowadays, are educated enough, wise enough and free thinking enough to accept a person in other ways than sexual orientation. Those that cannot probably never will, but will likely have to shelve their prejudices the more they see themselves as being infra dig, so to speak. 

I must be slightly homophobic as I need to turn my head away when I see men kissing each other on my television screen and I  rail against Gay Pride marches feeling they go too far. This delicate being is a little put out by them and does not wish to watch the antics.

Perhaps it's an age thing. Perhaps it's a normal hetrosexual's reaction.

Keep a low profile in life say I (except on the PInkUn forum that is) so I would want this to be a non-issue on a  live and let live basis.

Is wishing this all not to be made public in such a way another normal "hetro" reaction though, or is the fact that it is turning into  a fanfare also a step too far? 

Not sure what you think goes on at a pride march...

20 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Yeah, exactly! It's not like they're going to get abused by knuckle-dragging, Brexit-voting, Farageists week in week out as they try and earn their living, is it?!

An easy come back based on your evident disdain for brexit and Farage. Yet most of the homosexual people I know are pro brexit so it falls down a bit. 

I was in a bar two weeks ago with a gay friend. I asked him to tell me honestly which would be harder to do. Go around the pub and tell everyone he was gay or that he was, say, a Christian man upholding traditional views on marriage and the family. He laughed and admitted it is much harder today to be a traditional Christian than an out and proud man. Of course there are pockets of genuine homophobia but they are much exaggerated. Today to be gay is very woke and trendy- just read this post to see people line up for a  bit of virtue signalling 

• Like 2

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Pride is actually eating itself at the moment. Their tendency to exclude lesbians for having the audacity to state they won't date people or aren't attracted to people with willies means that I have a tendency to rail against Gay Pride marches, though not at all for the same reason as Broadstairs I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Exhibitionism. OTT.

It doesn't appeal to me.

And you?

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

How about children present whilst adults gyrate in throngs. That always makes me very uneasy. How does one show support for gay people today without having to endorse promiscuity and hedonism? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

Exhibitionism. OTT.

It doesn't appeal to me.

And you?

Can’t say I’ve seen that at the Prides I’ve been too. The one in London is very tame.

See a lot more ‘exhibitionism’ at Notting Hill Carnival. 

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Can’t say I’ve seen that at the Prides I’ve been too. The one in London is very tame.

See a lot more ‘exhibitionism’ at Notting Hill Carnival. 

Yer what?

I have a television screen.

What's a carnival to do with a gay pride "march"  btw? 

4 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

How about children present whilst adults gyrate in throngs. That always makes me very uneasy. How does one show support for gay people today without having to endorse promiscuity and hedonism? 

giphy-downsized.gif

• Haha 6