Think I must have been one of the first to get in for tickets this morning (no wait, I notice it’s an hour now), so managed to get my son a ticket for Newcastle reasonably close to me. But it was noticeable how few seats there seemed to be, just dotted about.  It looks like they’ve allowed for Newcastle to have their full allocation, so I’m wondering if there will effectively be a second “main” sale date each game for if/when away sides return their unused allocation.  I hope everyone else trying is successful!

Edited by Branston Pickle

I just picked up my ticket and surprised too, how little of a wait there was.

Interestingly, I thought as part of this new membership, that we'd no longer be getting paper tickets and that each game purchased would get loaded onto our new 'fandango' membership cards?  Perhaps they'll be ironing out the glitches within the next few weeks but needless to say I`ll be collecting mine from the ticket office on matchday.

I doubt people who purchased the 'standard' membership will have little to no hope of getting tickets tomorrow but like you say perhaps a second date will be announced for returned away tickets.

I, like you must have been close to the front of the queue. No waiting and managed to get a pair in the back of the Barclay.

Done and dusted by 9:03.

two tenths of not a lot left now!

Yes got 45 minute wait as when logged on at 9.00 get message website not open.  Few tickets left at 9.45 please advise if at first most tickets were Block H of South Stand certainly most tickets have been there over last few seasons.  Hope because first game there will be more available in future for the PL lesser lights.

But seems fair system for allocation even if failed to get concession there are few advantages being 65+

Sold out! Absolutely disgusted with NCFC. Went on at 9.01, put in queue and had to wait 58 minutes to find all gone!

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

Sold out! Absolutely disgusted with NCFC. Went on at 9.01, put in queue and had to wait 58 minutes to find all gone!

There's going to be a lot of this,  dug themselves a hole they have. Our Ben has some explaining to do.

Not surprised sold out so quickly bit of a bummer to hold on 45 minutes and get nothing club must find a way to close applications when getting close to selling out.  Expect better for your £50 scarf, key ring and button not enough.

Also the ticket system to be loaded on to your membership ticket is not up and working no surprise there.  Was concerned even if it was loaded I would need to prove purchase i.e. confirmation e mail and debit card statement to gain entry.   Pretty sceptical this will ever work.

Amendment to my above comment. Afterwards, even though the site stated 'Sold out' I thought I'd look at the stadium plan. Managed to get a ticket in the lower tier of the Geoffrey Watling stand. Bought even though impaired view. Relieved! 🙂

First home game of the season, to be expected to sell out. 

I expect it'll ease as the season goes on

7 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

There's going to be a lot of this,  dug themselves a hole they have. Our Ben has some explaining to do.

I don’t understand what the problem is here. That someone else got a ticket that you wanted? Nothing’s changed there, the ground is oversubscribed, we all know that. If it’s that people paid for membership but didn’t get a ticket, again nothing has really changed. Do you expect the club only to sell as many priority memberships as there are spare seats? There has to be some level of oversubscription or seats won’t get sold.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I don’t understand what the problem is here. That someone else got a ticket that you wanted? Nothing’s changed there, the ground is oversubscribed, we all know that. If it’s that people paid for membership but didn’t get a ticket, again nothing has really changed. Do you expect the club only to sell as many priority memberships as there are spare seats? There has to be some level of oversubscription or seats won’t get sold.

NS, I understand your argument there, but how many times oversubscribed is enough?

With an estimated 1500 casual seats available, circa 8000 memberships sold why are they still selling memberships?

7 minutes ago, SteveN8458 said:

NS, I understand your argument there, but how many times oversubscribed is enough?

With an estimated 1500 casual seats available, circa 8000 memberships sold why are they still selling memberships?

I agree, but complaining that there aren’t enough tickets for everyone who wants one is nothing to do with the membership scheme. 

I think we can see the bones of a better scheme, based on what has happened this season:

- State ALL the rules, Ts and Cs etc. clearly in advance

- Limit the number of memberships of each type

- Include some sort of reward for loyalty

- Either one membership for home and away, or a significant discount if you buy both

- Ideally, some sort of family scheme to reduce the cost of having to buy membership for a group

Considering how few casual tickets are now available, it seems crazy that there still isn't some sort of loyalty system for non-ST holders for home games. I am guaranteed a ticket for any away game I wish to go to, yet will really struggle to get to many home games in the current system.

Edited by Excited Canary

36 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I think people, understandably, resent paying £50 (or £100 if you buy both) for what is  basically a ticket in a lottery.

All the problems stem from the initial cost.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think people, understandably, resent paying £50 (or £100 if you buy both) for what is  basically a ticket in a lottery.

All the problems stem from the initial cost.

That's my problem too. I've said before that I will only be able to get to two games this season, and if I can't get tickets for them having bought premium membership then I'll be pretty annoyed.

40 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I don’t understand what the problem is here. That someone else got a ticket that you wanted? 

.... not me Nuff, I'm half a World away, just sympathizing with anyone who wants a ticket but can't get one. 

I largely agree with Nuff - I’m not sure what the answer is other than to have a bigger stadium that’s probably too big for us most of the time, and cost a fortune we don’t yet have.

You can potentially limit the number of members - but at what level? It needs to be oversubscribed, and you’d still get people who miss out (on membership alone) who may have been going for years. Giving some form of ‘loyalty’ reward will exclude youngsters as they can’t get that ‘loyalty’ bonus and you’re counting out the future supporters.

I think the whole issue of tickets is fraught with odd pitfalls purely depending on your circumstances, the club will obviously keep reviewing it.  Ultimately other than the lesser membership (which may be a mistake) it’s largely as it was last season but more people want to go at the moment.  I doubt there’ll be issues when we play Burnley et al (no disrespect to them).  

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

I doubt there’ll be issues when we play Burnley et al (no disrespect to them).  

Demand has always been higher for the top clubs and so you're right, chances of getting tickets for lower ranked games will be far easier.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I largely agree with Nuff - I’m not sure what the answer is other than to have a bigger stadium that’s probably too big for us most of the time, and cost a fortune we don’t yet have.

You can potentially limit the number of members - but at what level? It needs to be oversubscribed, and you’d still get people who miss out (on membership alone) who may have been going for years. Giving some form of ‘loyalty’ reward will exclude youngsters as they can’t get that ‘loyalty’ bonus and you’re counting out the future supporters.

I think the whole issue of tickets is fraught with odd pitfalls purely depending on your circumstances, the club will obviously keep reviewing it.  Ultimately other than the lesser membership (which may be a mistake) it’s largely as it was last season but more people want to go at the moment.  I doubt there’ll be issues when we play Burnley et al (no disrespect to them).  

The answer is to not hike the price of membership to £50 without any warning or real consultation.

Members who struggled to get tickets for games in previous years weren't complaining because they didn't feel like they were being ripped off.

• Like 3

Yeah to be fair I'm a season ticket holder but if I spent £50 on home membership i'd be pretty annoyed I couldn't go to Newcastle at home. 

Admittedly the real problem is we don't have enough supply for the demand (seats for fans) but let's not start that again.

• Haha 1

Solution: ringfence all premier membership profits for a New Stand Fund

(Which may as well be put to work in a 5 or 10 year bond in the meantime...)

Edited by GenerationA47
work

2 hours ago, Since 1980 said:

Managed to get a ticket in the lower tier of the Geoffrey Watling stand. Bought even though impaired view. Relieved! 🙂

Lower Tier of The Geoffrey Watling stand ? As i sit in there or as it is more commonly known The City stand i was unaware it had two tiers.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Haha 1

Apart from being the first home game of the season it is well down the pecking order of attractive home games so whatever is going to happen when Man City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea and the likes of Spurs go on sale ?

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Apart from being the first home game of the season it is well down the pecking order of attractive home games so whatever is going to happen when Man City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea and the likes of Spurs go on sale ?

I’ll sit at home with my season ticket in my wallet watching the carnage 😉

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Lower Tier of The Geoffrey Watling stand ? As i sit in there or as it is more commonly known The City stand i was unaware it had two tiers.

I think he must be sat in the underpitch heating area, Tilly - to be fair, club site does actually say ‘VERY impaired viewing’. 

30 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’ll sit at home with my season ticket in my wallet watching the carnage 😉

An i'm alright Jack attitude there FF if i may say.

Don’t take it that seriously Til, I do feel for those that have been ripped off. I’m planning trips to Crawley and Oxford as I’m guessing I won’t need £50 membership to get a ticket