I do realise that the increasing insignificance of ITFC means that there is little of interest in that club these days, even for us Canary fans, but let's not forget them totally. It's fun if nothing else.

I made a rare visit to that site yesterday and although it's no longer the 'Daily Norwich' it used to be some resentment at our success still lingers.

The latest attempt is about no less than our latest away kit launch, believe. That's all they've got it seems.

The response to this massive jibe at our club is met with the usual schoolboy stuff, which is best ignored, but more pertinent is that whilst we can amuse ourselves with their current plight, their threadbare squad, their boozy manager, their poor gates, their shabby stadium and their increasing losses and huge debt all they can come up with is some childish nonsense about a kit design.

All I know, and want to know, about their kit is that it contains a lot of blue. Can they afford an away kit?

Talk about 'mind the gap.'

Edited by BroadstairsR

They're sharpening their claws for the start of the season, no doubt they'll take great pleasure from each and every defeat we experience in the Premier League.

Meanwhile, closer to home, those with half a brain are slowly coming to the realization that they aren't quite as good as they think they are and that Promotion isn't going to be the stroll in the park that they thought. 

Some, are even starting to question Lambert,  only took 9 months and relegation. 

All true, but even if we do fail we'll come down all the stronger for our venture, including with a team of (valuable) players with top league experience and of course those "unfair" parachute payments which they describe as a 'reward for failure.'

Perhaps they should equally be described as a reward for getting promotion in the first place, something which has been beyond them for some fifteen years and more. 

Interestingly as they have just beaten the mighty Colchester in a pre-season friendly the  are now envisaging 'back to back' promotions and James Norwood is the best striker outside the Premier League and a cert. for the L.1. Golden Boot.

We'll see.

If attempting to ridicule one of our current stripes is the height of their temerity, then they really have sunk to a new low. The amount of sour grapes and bitterness swilling around Portaloo road has obviously reach bursting point.

It must stick in their throats to see our current level compared to theirs and over the last 15-20 years, and it has hardly changed. Think about that for a moment, over the near last two decades your nearest rivals are constantly coming up smelling of roses , but you (ipswich for the dim witted folk from there looking at this) just bob along with a wiff of sh1te about you in everything you do or undertake. Must be difficult to watch for them.

However, the Op is correct they are literally now irrelevant in the footballing world and I suspect quite a few of them realise this. It could get worse for them yet, I have absolutely  no idea about their squad or who's in it, but I suspect 'Marcus the saviour' is not the generous type he once was.

I bet they think they are going to storm the league. Bless...

In truth they are probably a better bet for promotion this coming season than we are for actual survival in the Premier League.

That's the way it is with most relegated Championship sides getting back up quickly and most promoted Championship sides struggling.

Even if the worst comes to the worst though they will likely be back to their default status of  Chumps mediocrity and we should be strong enough to challenge again.

I think they will do ok actually as Norwood may give them the goal threat they lacked last season and they do have some good youngsters. 

Just have to hope going down doesn’t sort them out as it did us after a few years stagnating in the lower championship. 

1 hour ago, East Rider said:

It must stick in their throats to see our current level compared to theirs and over the last 15-20 years, and it has hardly changed. Think about that for a moment, over the near last two decades your nearest rivals are constantly coming up smelling of roses , but you (ipswich for the dim witted folk from there looking at this) just bob along with a wiff of sh1te about you in everything you do or undertake. Must be difficult to watch for them.

I believe since their glory years of the late 70’s, from 1986 they’ve been outside the top division for 29 seasons, out of 35! Not really a mid sized  club never mind a top English side renowned round the globe like the Binners would like to believe.

Someone noted on there recently that a third of the Clubs in League One  have won the F.A Cup. 

A nudge at us for sure,  but what it shows is that a lot of those Clubs have declined as the bigger/wealthier Clubs have progressed. 

1p5wich, like many of the other Clubs in League One have become a footballing backwater. 

2 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Someone noted on there recently that a third of the Clubs in League One  have won the F.A Cup. 

A nudge at us for sure,  but what it shows is that a lot of those Clubs have declined as the bigger/wealthier Clubs have progressed. 

1p5wich, like many of the other Clubs in League One have become a footballing backwater. 

Ah yes the Binners "history". Odd then that they are trying to replicate our history - by signing our old manager, buying a Grant Holt wannabee, and assuming our rise from League 1 to the Prem is replicated .

Right now they would give all their silly stars to replicate our history.

8 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

In truth they are probably a better bet for promotion this coming season than we are for actual survival in the Premier League.

That's the way it is with most relegated Championship sides getting back up quickly and most promoted Championship sides struggling.

Even if the worst comes to the worst though they will likely be back to their default status of  Chumps mediocrity and we should be strong enough to challenge again.

I think that a good percentage of Championship winners survive in the Premiership, for 1 season, at least. TBH, I feel more confident with Webber & Farke than I did with McNally & Lambert although at the time, I thought that those two were as good as we could really hope for; at the time, they were excellent but talk to any Villa, Blackburn, Wolves or Stoke fan and I don't that they have the same regard for what Lambert did with their respective clubs.

I think Lambert started okay at Villa, bringing in Benteke and Vlaar, trouble was that they cost big money and the owners pulled his budget, it was all downhill after that. 

Since then he's alway gone into Clubs mid season, fighting fires, now he's at a Club with no money and is desperately trying to talk up their chances, keeping the fans onside. 

I've no idea where he goes from here....

17 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I think they will do ok actually as Norwood may give them the goal threat they lacked last season and they do have some good youngsters. 

Just have to hope going down doesn’t sort them out as it did us after a few years stagnating in the lower championship. 

They think they have some good youngsters but I'm surprised you do. No one has even put a bit in to take any of them. 

I was recently in a pub , with an 1p5wich friend and a few non football fans, and my friend said to me "What about the first game of  the season then"?. I replied "What, Burton away?". The other guys fell about laughing, as he thought I'd talk about Liverpool away. His face was a picture, and the football conversation stopped right there! Even non football fans know about their situation. 

"They think they have some good youngsters but I'm surprised you do. No one has even put a bit in to take any."

Regular visitors to TWTD will probably notice that they have a tendency to overrate everything about their club, not just their youngsters. 

Their history is second to none. Their status is world re-known and they became 'champions of Europe' when they won the second tier competition (Fairs Cup?) forty years ago. That their trophy cabinet 'bulges' just means that it must be quite small.

It is probably a reaction to their more or less continued failure since Robson's time. At least we don't hear the mantra that they are "everybody's second favourite team" anymore.

L1 will suit them because as one of the "bigger fish" they will be able to fully realise their delusions of grandeur.

The youth side of it is interesting. They have by tradition always done well with youngsters by being dominant in their little corner but this has changed since we achieved Cat. 1. status and they failed in their own attempt. Gradually City's influence has spread into Suffolk and they now resent our input in local schools, even into Ipswich it's self.

The balance of power has well and truly shifted and proudest boost (imo,) Category 1. and our greatly improved training facilities will likely establish Carrow Road as the power base of East Anglian football for years to come. 

Notable has been our activity this Summer, whereby the acquisition of youngsters from far and wide has outstripped any strengthening that the first team squad has benefited from, in numbers at least. In the meantime, I believe that Ipswich have lost a couple of youngsters to the big boys. It won't belong before we will poach their academy as well it seems.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

It appears the paupers are due money from a couple of transfer add on payments.

So it will be interesting to see how much of this filters down to the playing budget and how much disappears (once again) into Evans pocket.

But at least the paupers have until September 2nd to spend any money - though that also gives Evans more time to flog off more players.

Assuming they have anyone of any worth.

Their delusion knows no bounds, they were enamoured by McGoldrick, but could never get him fit, in 3 years of trying.

Now they've got Huws and Bishop, apparently up there with the best in the Division, again spending more time in the treatment room than on the pitch.

They're trialing the dregs of League Two for defensive reinforcements yet they're still talking about 100 goals and 100 points. 

Like I said, delusional.....

There's another instalment of the perpetual debate about Marcus Evans on there today.

He's Marmite as usual, with some bemoaning the club's downhill spiral since he bought the club in the first place and some appreciating the fact that they need his millions to cover the losses and basically keep the club going.

Somebody has brought up a press article that states Evans will sell for £35m, but what exactly there is to "sell" is beyond me.

"So it will be interesting to see how much of this filters down to the playing budget and how much disappears (once again) into Evans pocket."

Only those who frequent the Pound Shop would be interested in acquiring that loss-making train crash and if Evans does "sell" it will surely be for an amount similar to that British Leyland once fetched (was it that company that went for £1, or British Steel or some other failing business?)

To make up for losses the first thing Evan's will surely hope to do is sell off the training ground, which he now owns, for housing development which means that the club will virtually be reduced to non-league status and be training on the local park.

Lambert:  "Brulliant here but clear up that feckin' dog ****e first before putting the cones  down for goalposts."

Edited by BroadstairsR

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

To make up for losses the first thing Evan's will surely hope to do is sell off the training ground, which he now owns, for housing development which means that the club will virtually be reduced to non-league status and be training on the local park.

It would not surprise me if after two years in that league the plans to sell off part of that training ground for housing will be revealed.