BroadstairsR

Team spirit, ethic, cohesion.

Clearly this/these attributes must be considered at a premium when luxuriating in our recent success story and current situation, but just how far is it likely to get us in the cut-throat, high profile and increasingly expensive land of Premier League football.

Most seem to accept that mega bucks signings are not the Norwich City of 2019/20 and that the hitherto successful policy of picking up the right gems for the right fit and the right price should be pursued into the unknown. Some feel that the same old mistakes are being made, that once again the likes of an Ashton will be signed when it is too late and that we are already doomed next season.

The days of the Mike Walker syndrome are long past after all and a closer inspection reveals that even Claudio had a bit of a more than decent hand to work with.

Has Farke a similar hand? In the young defenders, Buendia, Pukki and others it would seem that he has, but we'll see. 

If some fall by the wayside will the team spirit thing be enough to keep our heads above water until the next window?

Gaps have been plugged ... and very well it seems so are we now ready to embark once again on the route to Old Trafford, Anfield and the Emirates etc? Have two seasons in the Chumps meant that the Premier League has developed into some sort of mythical 'superland.' A fortress surrounded by moat, walls and turrets that can never be breached or will it turn out to be the lush pasture that the Holt/Hoolahan team romped over with some ease? If Brighton can survive then so can we, after all.

I do get the impression that the Summer's business is now complete despite the clamour for a CDM. We do seem in good shape, but it would nevertheless be a bit yellow tinted to be over-confident. 

The fact that Leicester can win the premier league, the fact that hugely rich clubs like Man utd and Chelsea can struggle, means that the possibility to succeed is there for any club that can get it's act together on and off the field. The three things you mention that are essential we certainly have - team spirit, ethic and cohesion - but the main ingredient is the quality of players. We have real quality right through the team/squad and the new additions are just adding to that. 

Most of them are untried at premier league level, but that is the joy of it. I would hope all of the players think they could be good enough for the PL and we will imo see the players gradually realising that yes, they are the real deal, both individually and collectively - and that is why the sky is the limit.  I will always say that anything is possible, from relegation to winning the league and at this point, it feels like it's going to be another fascinating season - and far from a negative one.

Over confident?  Never, but the prospects are nevertheless tantalisingly delicious......

Bring it on.

Edited by lake district canary

In a period where even average players cost £10m+, it could be argued that these qualities are more important than ever as, in theory, they don't cost anything. I say in theory, because 'good eggs' will be more in demand and talented ****heads like Ravel Morrison are available as free agents.

Burnley would be a great example. On paper, they should've got relegated in 2018, but they ended up seventh and in the Europa League because they had a great togetherness and organisation.

I will stick with Webber's point in what I believe was his last interview where he said, and words to the effect, that the difference in the cost of most of these expensive signings far from equates to the improvement in ability.

This would appear to be the fundamental of his strategy with regards to spending the dosh, and it suits me.

• Like 1