If I was to sign a contract at my firm, then leave the next day, my salary wouldn't continue to be paid unless I received redundancy pay or any contractual payments. My new employer would pay my salary. Football contracts the same.

11 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Please point us to some evidence that backs up your 'claims'.

Odd that everybody apart from you, 'the thickos', are able to grasp it, but you still have no idea what you're going on about.

ps please do remove your head from your a rse.

I think his argument centres around the fact that I used the word some and that he was claiming that I was referring to all contracts and not a contract situation like NO even though the thread was specific to NO 🤷‍♂️

But as has since been beautifully put, some was indeed correct in terms of the thread situation so I can sleep easy at night 😂

12 hours ago, Bill said:

oh dear the thickos won't welcome that - their view is that a contract is optional as to whether it has to be adhered to. Payments are made at the club's discretion rather than being a legally binding agreement.

Which rather begs the question of why there was such a fuss about the club's high wage bill when the parachute payments were only 2 years. NCFC should have employed Biscuit who could help sell the players then told them there was no legal requirement to honour there contract !

Yes I know.... absolute bollox.

The contract IS binding. Therefore the player is due what was agreed with the selling club.How this is funded will eventually fall on the buying club. But the idea that a palyer moving on to a lower wage contract can simply be 'fobbed off' with what the selling club thinks is utter nonsense. If it were not nonsense then NCFC could have simply sold all the unwanted, high wage players to clubs for a lower contract.

If as with McNally the clubs wants to terminate his contract then he is due the amount left on his contract, as with Moxey..... but not players it would seem.

Payments due will not be a lump sum as said on here but will simply continue as per normal.  With any new football contract being deducted from the old contract. That is all that happens with players.

Odd that something so simple cannot be grasped by some.

They couldn't sell certain players because the players in question didn't want to accept a lower salary (as buying clubs couldn't/wouldn't match their NCFC wage) and therefore refused to move. It's hardly rocket science.

Edited by Hoola Han Solo