Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

What if someone came in for McVeigh

He is one of just a few players at NC with real skills. We can''t let him go. Offer a contract extension Worthy, and play him more often!

seeing what he can do again makes me more angry about his lack of inclusion these past 2 years. I hpe we sign him up - but i can imagine the worthy comment:

Paul still has to earn a contract here etc etc...  and he will be off - gone and sorely missed like edworthy and svenny last year...

A riot at carrow road if worthy let him go although  i reckon worthys being clever and making him more hungry to perform and earn a contract. I personally would give him a 1 year extension, to keep him hungry, not give him long term security.

He''s only inconsistent when Worthy has included him and stuck to route one football, with which McVeigh obviously struggles due to his lack of height, lol

McVeigh is our cleverest player by far and should be automatic first choice every week, barring injuries, but it seems that work ethic means more to Worthy than flair and fooball thinking, which explains why McV is only a peripherial player in the team. 

if his contract is up in the summer hes not worth a penny if he doesnt appear to want to say, clubs will offer febble money or wait till he leaves anyway, a player who is out of contract and wants out is worth squat usually. personally though we need him, a huge player for us when hes on song, he proved it in the last promotion campaign, but him n worthy clearly aint buying each other drinks down the local.

i think it was his position...

Wee paul is making worthingtons job safer by the game.. if i was Worthy id be kissing McVeighs feet, surely offering him a new contract is the least we can do.. even if its just a years extension....

jas :)

If all he''s offered is a years extension - he''ll tell Worthy where to stick his contract. He can sign for any club he wants to now - join at the end of the season and pick up a nice signing on fee and a 3 year deal. Portsmouth are supposed to be interested in him so it may take a big contract to keep him.