Sign in to follow this  
Harry53

Newcastle v west ham

Just caught the last 20 minutes of the game today and i appreciate it wasn't too serious a game, but if either team play the way they did today, we won't have any problems beating them. It was quite pedestrian football. Newcastle won 1 nil

43 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'm watching Man City at the moment. They'll possibly give us a decent game.

Don’t patronise them, I’m sure they’ll be trying their hardest. Not their fault we’re head and shoulders above their level.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'm watching Man City at the moment. They'll possibly give us a decent game.

Dunno, if De Bruyne picks up an injury itll be pretty even Steven's.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Dunno, if De Bruyne picks up an injury itll be pretty even Steven's.

Reckon we'd be able to cope with him better if we signed a new defensive midfielder?

• Haha 1

A preseason game, in Shanghai, in August isn’t going to be the most full blooded affair. 

The temperature is usually in the mid 30s and around 80% humidity this time of year there - which does rather lead to slow paced football. 

23 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

A preseason game, in Shanghai, in August isn’t going to be the most full blooded affair. 

The temperature is usually in the mid 30s and around 80% humidity this time of year there - which does rather lead to slow paced football. 

I assume these Clubs make serious money from these overseas pre-season games plus exposure for marketing. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see them played during the winter break either. 

For a team playing in yellow China and Indo-China would be a great exposure as it is a lucky colour for them. 

Maybe next year? 

38 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

I assume these Clubs make serious money from these overseas pre-season games plus exposure for marketing. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see them played during the winter break either. 

For a team playing in yellow China and Indo-China would be a great exposure as it is a lucky colour for them. 

Maybe next year? 

They generally aren’t that lucrative in the low run for teams that don’t have a large profile already. I doubt Norwich made much money from their Malaysian tour. 

The idea that a Chinese fan would switch from a Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool to Norwich due to a yellow kit is pretty patronising. 

58 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The idea that a Chinese fan would switch from a Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool to Norwich due to a yellow kit is pretty patronising. 

Why? Lots of foreign football fans initially pick a side based on a kit.

21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Why? Lots of foreign football fans initially pick a side based on a kit.

In the pre wall to wall tv days maybe - but only ever a slim minority. 

Now, most fans in China, India, Japan and USA (the major markets) will follow players rather than teams - and if they support teams it will be ones in the Champions League.

This is the large majority of fans - there will be a some of course who follow a random team, based on a whole host of factors. 

There is a bit of money to be made for going out to China in ticket sales, as for these Asia Cup games the prices are very high. But for a team like Norwich, they would never be able to establish a significant supporter base to make it worthwhile. 

Unless of course we got a stinking rich  Chinese owner,  then they would make sure that City's  profile  was raised  in China.

Ps I'm happy with our current ones and have no desire to  change .

West Ham and Newcastle played a tournament in NZ a few years ago, West Ham lost to Wellington Phoenix and made no money from the tournament. 

I'm wondering if the Premier League organize some of the tours to promote their product globally. 

On 21/07/2019 at 15:12, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

They generally aren’t that lucrative in the low run for teams that don’t have a large profile already. I doubt Norwich made much money from their Malaysian tour. 

It is a patronising country. The state does all the thinking for them. 

• Sad 1