pete

Brucey the elephant

I will be in charge of transfers says Steve Bruce new coach of Newcastle.  We all believe you Steve you are definitely not an Ashley Stooge.  Yes you are as ugly as an elephant and getting more so as your trunk gets longer with all the lies.

We believe you but is it really credible, see you on 27 Aug with your new multi million striker or perhaps not. 

• Haha 1

Clubs need to wake up to the fact that giving your manager full control of transfers is a recipe for disaster.

Newcastle are about to sign a good striker for £38m. They started their pursuit of him last season, so obviously not a Bruce transfer. 

Newcastle, despite all their ownership issues have actually been quite good at signing players. Not many deals last season that were better than Dubravka for £4m and Schar for £3m. 

Newcastle are a club which feels the weight of their enormous fan base more than most.

For a number of reasons the appointment of Steve Bruce is generally unpopular up there.

If he starts off badly this could all come back to bite them in the bum.

The Toon seem to have had the most negative Summer of all the Premier League sides. It has not been kind to them. From being reasonably stable  at the outset they would now appear to be amongst the favourites to fail unless Bruce still has enough left in the tank as well as the bank.

Daniel Farke or Steve Bruce anybody?

We need to kick them in the goolies while they appear in some disarray.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, splendidrush said:

We need to win that one, I think Newcastle could be paying the Championship another visit next season. 

And Chelsea once they find out that Lampard can't manage???

Harry53 wrote:

And Chelsea once they find out that Lampard can't manage???

Have they re-registered their name for this season as Derby did last year?  Frank Lampard's Chelsea.

On 20/07/2019 at 09:22, FenwayFrank said:

I’d quite like to have a longer trunk

I have a pair, if that is of any interest

On 20/07/2019 at 09:29, king canary said:

Clubs need to wake up to the fact that giving your manager full control of transfers is a recipe for disaster.

I'd agree with that and we're bloody lucky that we have Webber, a sporting director who understands football, his coaches needs etc.

In Newcastle's case... Well. If Mike Ashley is picking the players then they're screwed!

The difference is both Webber and Farke are part of a 'package' ie part of a complete running of the football side of the club.

Not just the bloke who manages the first team

I've just noticed that the Hoots was sacked by Brighton two months ago (but still rather a quick realisation by my standards.)

He would have been more popular than Bruce with the fans surely?

Less of a dinosaur who was considered unlucky to be sacked by the owner in the first place.

More recent (and some would claim more successful PL experience.)

Of all those managers on the so-called merry-go-round Chris Hughton is the one I have most empathy for.

Wouldn't want him back at the Carra though.

20 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I've just noticed that the Hoots was sacked by Brighton two months ago (but still rather a quick realisation by my standards.)

He would have been more popular than Bruce with the fans surely?

Less of a dinosaur who was considered unlucky to be sacked by the owner in the first place.

More recent (and some would claim more successful PL experience.)

Of all those managers on the so-called merry-go-round Chris Hughton is the one I have most empathy for.

Wouldn't want him back at the Carra though.

I read somewhere that Bruce wasn't initially in the top ten on the shortlist. This means that an awful lot of managers turned them down, and Hughton, whether he was asked or not, probably didn't fancy it.

• Like 1

On 20/07/2019 at 10:03, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Newcastle are about to sign a good striker for £38m.

Any clues, BYG?

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Joelinton, isn't it?

I’ve never heard of him, not even on Football Manager 😄

His stats look average, for that kind of money.

11 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I’ve never heard of him, not even on Football Manager 😄

His stats look average, for that kind of money.

He’s really good. Not and out and out goal scorer, but really big, quick and strong, to go along with great technique. 

He brings others into the game a lot and is an improvement from Rondon (who I like a lot). 

Joelinton will be a real handful for most defences. They may need someone else to play just off him to really bring the most out of him though - I’m not sure Muto is good enough to do that in the Prem. 

5 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He’s really good. Not and out and out goal scorer, but really big, quick and strong, to go along with great technique. 

He brings others into the game a lot and is an improvement from Rondon (who I like a lot). 

Joelinton will be a real handful for most defences. They may need someone else to play just off him to really bring the most out of him though - I’m not sure Muto is good enough to do that in the Prem. 

Cheers for that 👍

Let’s hope it takes a while for him to settle in🤞

Possibly a bit harsh, but given the Geordies are a rival this season I’m hoping the season works out about the same as when they signed Mirandinha 😂

Ok, who is old enough to know what I’m talking about? As a lad I was in the river end, watching the London photographers jostling for position to catch Mirandinha score on his debut. Of course we won 1-0 😁

16 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Possibly a bit harsh, but given the Geordies are a rival this season I’m hoping the season works out about the same as when they signed Mirandinha 😂

Ok, who is old enough to know what I’m talking about? As a lad I was in the river end, watching the London photographers jostling for position to catch Mirandinha score on his debut. Of course we won 1-0 😁

Pretty early in my NCFC-watching days, but I think I recall my dad telling me about the Brazilian player who played for Newcastle, and Mirandinha scored (once? twice?) and Newcastle won (I think 3-1?) at Carrow Road.

Edit: we lost 2-0 and Mirandinha scored once. https://www.11v11.com/matches/norwich-city-v-newcastle-united-25-march-1989-89262/

Edited by Feedthewolf

Having just watched Youtube clips of Joelinton I would say he could be a good buy.I was quite impressed 

50 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Having just watched Youtube clips of Joelinton I would say he could be a good buy.I was quite impressed 

Ricky looked a good buy on YouTube..... after 2 goals in 3 years, we couldn't wait to say goodbye. 

On 23/07/2019 at 22:01, Feedthewolf said:

Pretty early in my NCFC-watching days, but I think I recall my dad telling me about the Brazilian player who played for Newcastle, and Mirandinha scored (once? twice?) and Newcastle won (I think 3-1?) at Carrow Road.

Edit: we lost 2-0 and Mirandinha scored once. https://www.11v11.com/matches/norwich-city-v-newcastle-united-25-march-1989-89262/

No his debut was 2 years before that, I was wrong we actually drew 1-1 but he didn’t score

wow look who else was in the team! Gazza and Glenn “mr nasty” Roeder!

4A53CFB4-2DCB-4038-9D92-3922EC1592BA.jpeg

• Like 1