Mason 47

Away Kit Surfaces Early

Pipe down everyone, it's lush.

Guess you'll be able to spot me pretty easily this season, as I'll be the only one wearing it... 🙂

• Haha 1

Just now, NWC said:

We were so spoilt with the home kit that this seems a let down. Its not that bad, but to me its not Norwich.

I think that’s partly it, when has red ever felt like Norwich? White has been used a lot, but have always liked the different designs where we’ve used purple or green etc. Red isn’t very fun, or “Norwich”

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Waiting for the 3rd kit release - that's normally the one thats a bit more out there in terms of design

Yeah. I like the usual batsh*t crazy third kit. 

On the subject, I don't like the red. It's not horrible but I'm not a fan.

I think it is a good kit. Of course it isn't Norwich but it is an alternative colour to our yellow and green. And surely that is the requisite. To be different from the regular. And I remember well the all red kit. Those of you who went to Watford on the final day will remember it with affection.

This is surely a missed opportunity for the media team. The King of Spain was the obvious modelling choice. 

We've had good seasons with red away kits from memory. 

When is the third kit announced?!

It's a no from me.

As several have already stated, our shirts only clash with Watford and Wolves, so why not use our other colour, Green, in some way?

Green and white (or Black) stripes, with Green shorts and socks could be good...

I don't care what any of our kits look like, it's the players who wear them that matter.

Edited by Mr Angry
Spelling

6 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

It's a no from me.

As several have already stated, our shirts only clash with Watford and Wolves, so why not use our other colour, Green, in some way?

Green and white (or Black) stripes, with Green shorts and socks could be good...

Maybe they're saving that for a third kit? I think the third shirt is generally worn twice at most, so there's no reason they can't do it for those two. 

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

If you don’t want a colour that lots of other teams wear, that only leaves purple doesn’t it? Or maybe black.

I liked the dark green of a few years ago, nobody's wearing that.

7 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not too sure how many airings this would get....watford?....its arguably a bigger clash with wolves than our home kit?

Very good point, GJL - we’re almost guaranteed to be wearing the 3rd kit when we travel to Molineux. 

Cant believe I’m saying this about such a garish kit - but I actually love the away shirt!

6 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

'build a new Main Stand with it only half full of seats'

I think you'll find that L1pswich have already appropriated that one.

Watching the game yesterday did rather bring to mind the thought that we were seeing poorman road a few seasons hence

Cool - rather like the orangey red, it’s ‘different’ to the norm; a wacky black kit with yellow and green might be “interesting”..,

5 hours ago, ThorpeCanary said:

Yeah I'd say so. Black third kit with funky pattern incoming....

Looks good to me - I'd take that

12 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

"City in red here"

Binner! We played in red in my first match, away at Hull City in 1959.

11 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

If you don’t want a colour that lots of other teams wear, that only leaves purple doesn’t it? Or maybe black.

Or yellow...

This looks like it should be a Watford away kit. If we were going for red, I’d have liked something like the Colman’s goalkeeper top which was red with black shoulders/arms if I remember correctly, quite liked that. 

17 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

I think you'll find that L1pswich have already appropriated that one.

FWIW, I watched the Col U v 1p5wich friendly on YouTube, the Binners beat, what was basically a pub Team  5-0, there were scenes behind the goal when 1p5wich scored, you'd think that they had won a League game or something. 

Sorry, back on topic, if the 3rd kit is black with green/yellow trim, I'm good with that. 

We wore red in 71-72 when we went up as D2 champions, and more recently in 01-02 and 07-08. So I don’t have a problem with red , but I do have a problem with it being described as the “away” kit. It should just be our “change” kit, which we will need for two league games only - Wolves and Watford. Changing from yellow and green drives me nuts, it is “us”’and our brand as well marketing department .... not red or sky blue or purple or lime green. 

I’d still also like to see a white and green trim  or black and green trim kit please. Those colors wear better than our yellow on me personally. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

Frustration understood. However, two thoughts which may give heart

- the more the change kit (see what I did there) is used, the more fans may see it and think it’s worth getting. More cash to spend on keeping Emi, Max & co on the books 💶

- this year our best (& only needed) marketing department will hopefully be our football.!🎷