Sign in to follow this  
GMF

Trust’s quarterly meeting with Ben Kensell

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

“Ben explained that the consultation process on next season’s membership scheme will start in September and will involve a series of meetings, perhaps one with fan groups, another prioritising those who complained to the Club

Looks like Lakey will get to decide how the scheme works next year then.

When I spoke to BK the suggestion I pushed on him more than anything was to have one membership instead of having to buy two (for non-season ticket holders). 

It's not rocket science - a membership category for casuals that covers both home and away for say £75  - and season ticket holders could be given the option to pay slightly more for their season ticket to qualify them for away priority.

Having to buy two memberships for one club defies common sense.

The motto should be "one club, one membership" !

35 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Don’t want to speak on anyone else’s behalf but I think the general view was that the points system worked fine, it was just the amount of points automatically given to season ticket holders needed to be reduced

It did work well, when actually implemented. Last season, prior to Rotherham, most games actually went straight to general sale (Ipswich and Brentford being the exceptions). Next season only three grounds (Watford, Bournemouth and Burnley) cannot provide the 3,000 maximum allocations required for the Premier League.

West Ham and Spurs are bound to have huge demands, plus the other London grounds and Leicester. These are the obvious games where fan disappointments are likely to be greatest.

Edited by GMF

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Which brings me to a related question I’ve been pondering for a while. If I have a second membership in say my daughter’s name, are we doing anything wrong if someone else uses the ticket? Is this buried away in the Ts and Cs somewhere?

In theory, Nuff, it won’t be a problem, but I would imagine the T&C’s will almost certainly state that the membership is for the sole use of the member named. Sounds ****, but from both a security and safety point of view, then I can fully understand why.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Don’t want to speak on anyone else’s behalf but I think the general view was that the points system worked fine, it was just the amount of points automatically given to season ticket holders needed to be reduced

This.

There was nothing wrong with the previous system other than home season ticket holders were given a too generous 1000 points start for away games. Away season tickets are surely a must keep as is priority for those who regularly travel to away games. A home membership scheme, at a sensible price, works well and gives supporters at least a chance of a casual ticket.

Apart from a little more common sense, eg, don't put small away allocations straight onto general sale and a reduction in the away points allocation for home season ticket holders what was there not to like ?

If it ain't bust don't fix it.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I’m not sure I agree. I do somewhere between 5-10 away games a season but home games about once every 5 years. The bias in the old scheme toward home season ticket holders was too heavy IMHO - how many of those home fans attend away games regularly? By all means make it cheaper to buy a joint home and away membership than two separate, but I don’t see why paying (more) for something people don’t want makes sense.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:
6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I’m not sure I agree. I do somewhere between 5-10 away games a season but home games about once every 5 years. The bias in the old scheme toward home season ticket holders was too heavy IMHO - how many of those home fans attend away games regularly? By all means make it cheaper to buy a joint home and away membership than two separate, but I don’t see why paying (more) for something people don’t want makes sense.

The answer is just to have different categories in the same membership scheme.

As in - (my figures just as an example)

Category 1 - Season Ticket holders   (£500ish)

Category 2 - Season ticket holders with option to pay extra for away ticket scheme  (£540)

Category 3 - Casuals who want home tickets  (£40)

Category 4 - Casuals who want away tickets   (£40)

Category 5 - Casuals who want home and away tickets  (£65)

Category 6 - Supporters who want to be members of the club but don't want tickets at all for those who just want to be part of the club and who can't get to games (like homebound, infirm ex- supporters etc)

You can give the categories fancy names, but it all ought to be under the umbrella of being a member of the club. I still cannot get my head around the idea that I have to buy two memberships to the same club. It doesn't compute! 

5 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

This.

There was nothing wrong with the previous system other than home season ticket holders were given a too generous 1000 points start for away games. Away season tickets are surely a must keep as is priority for those who regularly travel to away games. A home membership scheme, at a sensible price, works well and gives supporters at least a chance of a casual ticket.

Apart from a little more common sense, eg, don't put small away allocations straight onto general sale and a reduction in the away points allocation for home season ticket holders what was there not to like ?

If it ain't bust don't fix it.

What the club didn’t like is it didn’t make them money. This whole exercise simply about monetising the away priority system. 

On 21/07/2019 at 11:44, GMF said:

It did work well, when actually implemented. Last season, prior to Rotherham, most games actually went straight to general sale (Ipswich and Brentford being the exceptions). Next season only three grounds (Watford, Bournemouth and Burnley) cannot provide the 3,000 maximum allocations required for the Premier League.

West Ham and Spurs are bound to have huge demands, plus the other London grounds and Leicester. These are the obvious games where fan disappointments are likely to be greatest.

I was trying to get some info on away ticket allocations and stumbled across a Sheff Utd forum and a thread that stated that both they and Wolves will have less than 3000 tickets for away fans even though their capacity is more than 30000, while Burnley give 3700 away tickets even though their capacity is less than 22000.

48 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I was trying to get some info on away ticket allocations and stumbled across a Sheff Utd forum and a thread that stated that both they and Wolves will have less than 3000 tickets for away fans even though their capacity is more than 30000, while Burnley give 3700 away tickets even though their capacity is less than 22000.

You can get some dispensation if you can prove that there would be a safety issue in providing the full allocation. Similarly Newcastle don't offer a block for away fans at pitchside (which is also a prem requirement) because they can't do so whilst still providing proper segregation in the concourse areas...