Sign in to follow this  
BobLoz3

Schalke

Well, I must admit, I'm really looking forward to the test that Schalke will offer us later today. Should help give a bit of a better indication of where we're at, although I don't pay much attention to friendlies results! I still think it will be a bigger test than what we've had so far and they will likely be a bit further on in their preparations than us.

Just wondering whether we'll get a stream again. Anyone heard any murmurings to that effect?

Edited by BobLoz3

10 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Well, I must admit, I'm really looking forward to the test that Schalke will offer us later today. Should help give a bit of a better indication of where we're at, although I don't pay much attention to friendlies results! I still think it will be a bigger test than what we've had so far and they will likely be a bit further on in their preparations than us.

Just wondering whether we'll get a stream again. Anyone heard any murmurings to that effect?

Apologies for doubling up on your query Bobo. I didnt look before i posted . Doh.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Apologies for doubling up on your query Bobo. I didnt look before i posted . Doh.

No worries mate! I actually don't know why people get so wound up about those kinds of things. Certainly doesn't push my buttons!

Edited by BobLoz3

In case they dont show it on Canaries.co.uk the Shalke website requires registration before being able to view the match, takes a couple of minutes, usual details, thought i'd post this just in case.

• Like 2

Missed this one too. Doh! Thought it was odd nobody had asked ...

Aaargh! Even my doh is plagiaristic! Double doh!

A curse on these shared cultural references.

13 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

So the team is in, and there are only six subs named with a lot of notable absences. Any reason why?

Very good news to see Godfrey starting though.

The reason why players always aren’t there - injuries. 

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

That's a lot of injured players if that's the case. I thought/hoped maybe they wanted to give some players a full 90 minutes and were simply resting a few others.

The injuries might not be serious.

But if those players were considered able to play, they’d be on the bench at least. 

On the Pink’Un they’ve said that Drmic has a hamstring strain and the club are being extra precautious with him. 

Every pre-season with Farke has been the same - lots of small injuries. 

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The injuries might not be serious.

But if those players were considered able to play, they’d be on the bench at least. 

On the Pink’Un they’ve said that Drmic has a hamstring strain and the club are being extra precautious with him. 

Every pre-season with Farke has been the same - lots of small injuries. 

True Bethno, but we did finish the season with pretty much everyone available.

2 minutes ago, Molly Windley said:

U23`s also playing a bit later this evening, perhaps one or two of the missing players are there instead

Nope, just U23s in that game. They’ve released the team sheet also. 

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

True Bethno, but we did finish the season with pretty much everyone available.

Yup - it probably came across over critical which it wasn’t meant to. Farke works players hard in pre-season and doesn’t seem afraid of them getting strains etc.

It’s likely Hanley will do 3 full 90s in a week, which is unusual for most teams - who would normally bolster the squad with youth players to allow greater rotation. 

4 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

In case they dont show it on Canaries.co.uk the Shalke website requires registration before being able to view the match, takes a couple of minutes, usual details, thought i'd post this just in case.

Have they started transmitting yet?

Not speaking German I'm struggling with it.

Anyone got a link please?

https://schalke04.de/inside/testspiel-gegen-norwich-city-live-auf-schalke04-de/

google translate helped me register. there is something saying....The transfer of the game starts shortly before the start of the game. In order to be able to watch the duel with Ralf Fährmann, Teemu Pukki and Co., a one-time registration - if not yet done - is necessary.

3 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Have they started transmitting yet?

Not speaking German I'm struggling with it.

Anyone got a link please?

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

https://schalke04.de/inside/testspiel-gegen-norwich-city-live-auf-schalke04-de/

google translate helped me register. there is something saying....The transfer of the game starts shortly before the start of the game. In order to be able to watch the duel with Ralf Fährmann, Teemu Pukki and Co., a one-time registration - if not yet done - is necessary.

29 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

This is what confused me. Usually preseason friendlies at this stage (i.e. the first two or three matches) will see 22 players get used. The sight of just five outfield players on the bench was a strange one.

It means that we've got at least seven or eight players carrying niggles. I know the odd strain is normal and no risks will be taken, but it seems a lot.

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

same here, but no  'not available in your region' message so heres hoping its just a bit late

Did anyone get a confirmation email after registering?