Sign in to follow this  
Oxford Canary

Krystian Bielek

No inside info but I just have a feeling we might sign Bielek from Arsenal. We tried 2 years ago when Farke arrived but he got injured just as we were about to sign him on loan. Great season at Charlton and in the U21 Champs. Desperate to leave and sounds like move to AC Milan has fallen through. Can fill our much talked about defensive midfield role and also centre back.

Also noticed that Hull have signed a winger on loan from Everton. Does that mean Bowen is on his way?

Both would be great IMO and transfers done.

Could be a good call Oxford. With Godfrey's good news this may be less of a concern but I'd still like to see a CB/DM signed and he might be the best option available. He also counts as 'homegrown' having been at Arsenal since 2015.

Edited by Yelloow Since 72

1 hour ago, Oxford Canary said:

Also noticed that Hull have signed a winger on loan from Everton. Does that mean Bowen is on his way?

They've also sign a winger from Gillingham apparently. 

Would love Bielek,  but Arsenal don’t want to sell and if Milan couldn’t agree a deal I don’t give Norwich much chance. 

I don’t think he’d be the solution to the DM position either, with his best performances coming from centre back. 

I don’t think the wingers coming in at Hull means much in the immediate future of Bowen. Hull know that he’s going this window due to his contract situation. Where he goes is still very much up in the air and there isn’t any reliable information that Norwich are even interested in him. 

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Would love Bielek,  but Arsenal don’t want to sell and if Milan couldn’t agree a deal I don’t give Norwich much chance. 

I don’t think he’d be the solution to the DM position either, with his best performances coming from centre back. 

I don’t think the wingers coming in at Hull means much in the immediate future of Bowen. Hull know that he’s going this window due to his contract situation. Where he goes is still very much up in the air and there isn’t any reliable information that Norwich are even interested in him. 

He might want to stay in England if he's settled here and speaks the language. Sure, Milan's a massive club, but it'd be much less upheaval to stay within 100 miles of London. Season-long loan, perhaps, with an option to buy if we stay up?

Although I guess that point is moot if you don't think he'd be a solution to the DM position.

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

He might want to stay in England if he's settled here and speaks the language. Sure, Milan's a massive club, but it'd be much less upheaval to stay within 100 miles of London. Season-long loan, perhaps, with an option to buy if we stay up?

Although I guess that point is moot if you don't think he'd be a solution to the DM position.

As he’s someone who was happy to move at 17 from Poland to London, I don’t think he’d be someone who then worries particularly about moving to Milan - especially considering the status of AC - while they aren’t the super club they once were they certainly have significant pull.

The issues wasn’t Bielek not wanting to go, but Arsenal don’t want to sell. Especially with the issues they have with their centre backs right now. 

If there was anyway of Norwich getting him permanently then I’d jump at it. Personally I think he’s as good as Godfrey, and could have an even higher ceiling for his ability. This is why Arsenal don’t want to sell him. 

• Like 1

There's a report on the transfer thread saying that Arsenal do want to sell because Bielik doesn't fit into their current playing style. The deal with AC Milan apparently fell through because they weren't prepared to pay the asking price, thought to be around £3m. If we are interested, that would seem to be a reasonable price.

Cracking player with potential, sort of player I could see Webber going after if the 3 million is true!

1 hour ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

There's a report on the transfer thread saying that Arsenal do want to sell because Bielik doesn't fit into their current playing style. The deal with AC Milan apparently fell through because they weren't prepared to pay the asking price, thought to be around £3m. If we are interested, that would seem to be a reasonable price.

So perhaps we could just have this conversation the once? 

Yours, the forum police.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

So perhaps we could just have this conversation the once? 

Yours, the forum police.

Given the thread is entitled Kristian Bielik, I thought the content is appropriate. Not sure what value yours adds to the thread though.

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

There is no way Arsenal are letting a 21 year old international coming off a good season go for £3m.

Indeed, they usually let their biggest assets go for free 🤣

• Like 1