Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Aarons New 5 Year Deal Confirmed.

I expect they are being called into the 'headmaster's study' one at a time 😁

It is frightening what these players might be worth by January. Solely on a monetary basis I think we are fairly secure for the foreseeable.

Now lets see how much prize and TV money we can earn this season as we move up te table (from our alphebetical starting position)

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

I expect they are being called into the 'headmaster's study' one at a time 😁

It is frightening what these players might be worth by January. Solely on a monetary basis I think we are fairly secure for the foreseeable.

Now lets see how much prize and TV money we can earn this season as we move up te table (from our alphebetical starting position)

Indeed, this is why I believe we’re far stronger this year without the big money signings. These young and experienced hungry players have been together for a full season, grown together and learned a hell of a lot from last season.

I’d hate to think how much we’d have to pay if we wanted to sign Emi, Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis, Pukki to name a few.

• Like 1

Just now, Indy said:

Indeed, this is why I believe we’re far stronger this year without the big money signings. These young and experienced hungry players have been together for a full season, grown together and learned a hell of a lot from last season.

I’d hate to think how much we’d have to pay if we wanted to sign Emi, Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis, Pukki to name a few.

that is our strength

others have shown that simply having a squad full of expensive players does not alone guarantee success

it is having that commitment and drive that counts - something that was clearly missing in our first season back in the Championship, where the team all too often looked 'out of sorts'

those mentioned above will be in the starting line up because they have proved worthy of that time after time - not worthy because of what they have done elsewhere

and as to cost then if we had paid £8m for any of the above last summer, we would have thought we had made an astute signing come May

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

that is our strength

others have shown that simply having a squad full of expensive players does not alone guarantee success

it is having that commitment and drive that counts - something that was clearly missing in our first season back in the Championship, where the team all too often looked 'out of sorts'

those mentioned above will be in the starting line up because they have proved worthy of that time after time - not worthy because of what they have done elsewhere

and as to cost then if we had paid £8m for any of the above last summer, we would have thought we had made an astute signing come May

Very true, for me I’m far happier to see the club move forward in this manner than buy other premiership older fringe players. I don’t mind the likes of Byram by all accounts he only cost 750,000 still a lot of money but coming off a couple long term injuries might just be a very astute buy. He was fantastic for Leeds and played something like 140 games for them.

Great to see the club so solid from top to bottom, hope we can hold onto Webber & Farke, if we start this season well they might be in demand.

Good time to be a city fan.