I like him, but he's clearly not going to displace Teemu or Drmic (and may even be behind Idah). If he's happy with some late sub appearances, then don't see any issue. 

47 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well, apart from what you actually said is that Srbeny is more suited to Sloughbottom park, which is complete nonsense.

I've not seen anyone (well, maybe Lakey but not sure) claim that Srbeny should be anything near a regular starter in the Premier League. 

My view was for the small cost involved in keeping him, he has decent enough technical ability and a little height and strength to be an option should we need him - especially since it's unlikely we're going to sign another CAM this summer. He's a backup option to performing Stiepermann's role and that's about it.

No hogesar what i said was that if he was playing at Sloughbottom Park on a Sunday morning you would not look twice. That is my opinion and i will stick with that if you don't mind. His first touch is not good and he has no pace of any note unlike a few talented Thursday and Sunday league players i have watched.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

No hogesar what i said was that if he was playing at Sloughbottom Park on a Sunday morning you would not look twice. That is my opinion and i will stick with that if you don't mind. His first touch is not good and he has no pace of any note unlike a few talented Thursday and Sunday league players i have watched.

Well, let's take the full quote shall we:

"If he was playing for a pub team on a Sunday morning at Sloughbottom  Park you would not look at him twice. How on earth have we sunk to clinging to the hope that players of this ilk are the future and all will come good ?"

Which players were they? I suppose there was Zimmerman, Vrancic, Stierpermann, Trybull....

Oh and look? It did all come good!

In school I often played for the year above, once or twice starting in front of a player that has gone on to play and score in the Premier League.

This makes me feel like the whole 'Sunday League' metric is a bit off because I never thought he was that special, either.

Of course there is no possibility that he will improve.

As that's one thing we can be certain of with players at City....or so some would have.

My thought is that if the club did not think he could 'make the grade' he would have left, as with Passlack, Mathews and Franke...and others.

I suspect he will 'come good' as others have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

"If he was playing for a pub team on a Sunday morning at Sloughbottom  Park you would not look at him twice. How on earth have we sunk to clinging to the hope that players of this ilk are the future and all will come good ?"

Which players were they? I suppose there was Zimmerman, Vrancic, Stierpermann, Trybull....

Rather an assumption there hogesar that i was talking about those players you have named and i don't think you will find any posts of mine criticising those individuals. By players of his ilk i mean of those of little ability so maybe you should have mentioned Husband for starters.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Careful now Hogo, you'll be accused of 'following him around' and 'not liking him' soon, both of which terms i find rather egotistical .

There is a follow button should wish to pander to the ego, needless to say, i didn't bother.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Rather an assumption there hogesar that i was talking about those players you have named and i don't think you will find any posts of mine criticising those individuals. By players of his ilk i mean of those of little ability so maybe you should have mentioned Husband for starters.

Ah OK, so to get this straight, last season you thought all those players were good - just not Husband and Srbeny?

20 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Careful now Hogo, you'll be accused of 'following him around' and 'not liking him' soon, both of which terms i find rather egotistical .

There is a follow button should wish to pander to the ego, needless to say, i didn't bother.

First i see myself as a victim and now i am egotistical, isn't the internet a wonderful place to be judgemental ?

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

First i see myself as a victim and now i am egotistical, isn't the internet a wonderful place to be judgemental ?

I wouldnt know . i just call it as i see it, just as you did with your appraisal of Sbernys ability.  

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Ah OK, so to get this straight, last season you thought all those players were good - just not Husband and Srbeny?

It was obvious Vrancic and Trybull had class and Zimmerman also Steipermann very quickly stepped up to the Championship plate. If you are saying i said otherwise i am sure the quotes will be forthcoming. As for Husband and Srbeny add marshall to that list as in my opinion he was bang average and added nothing new.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I'm not sure you were ever a judge, but as to the other bit .....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm not sure you were ever a judge, but as to the other bit .....

Egotistical or mental? which other bit are you alluding to about old bill, Bill?

2 minutes ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

revisionism

Is that the same as saying one thing then claiming you were saying the other when challenged?

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Is that the same as saying one thing then claiming you were saying the other when challenged?

Pretty much. But meant more as a general point than about any particular individual.

Just now, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Pretty much. But meant more as a general point than about any particular individual.

grand job so, round here we call it 🐃💩ing

11 minutes ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Bit of revisionism around Stieperman, he didn't have too many in his corner after his first season with us.

I saw him as utility player at best I'll admit. 

22 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It was obvious Vrancic and Trybull had class and Zimmerman also Steipermann very quickly stepped up to the Championship plate. If you are saying i said otherwise i am sure the quotes will be forthcoming. As for Husband and Srbeny add marshall to that list as in my opinion he was bang average and added nothing new.

Til mate, I don't have the time to go through all your old posts! One was more than enough. I do remember you having a pop at Lakey who said we were one or two players away from being a side that could win the league. Now that was a stretch for most admittedly but you weren't too positive about our overall playing squad at that point.

Not that that's even my main point - it's the ridiculous OTT criticism you made of Srbeny and unwillingness to adjust it to reality.