14 minutes ago, Bill said:

Do tell us what that means

Does it preclude him from certain parts of the pitch ?

Is it like a cricket fielder's placing ?

No, but he can only go in goal if I lend him my old gloves.😀

39 minutes ago, Bill said:
8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Being turned into a no 10?  Looked very influential in the friendly yesterday from that position.

Do tell us what that means

It means you lack empathy for people's way of putting things which most people understand but you don't want to, based on your dogmatic, legalistic and unsympathetic mindset. 

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 2

Worth hanging onto as backup and will be useful again if we're relegated. I actually rate him, think he would be good for 12-15 goals at Championship level if he played 40 games and he fits our style of play. If we stay up he will need to be shifted for the sake of his career but I'm happy to have him here for the forseeable. 

On 17/07/2019 at 11:06, wcorkcanary said:

Benny Till has been notable by his absence for a couple of days, I wonder if he took advice on board and asked his significant other about his predeliction for those scantily clad young lovelies.........and had his laptop lid slammed down on his hands, rendering him unable to type or perform other manually dextrous tasks. 

Ps  Sberny has exceeded expectations over the last season. Until he is surplus to requirements , he will do the job he is asked, to the best of his ability.  

Been on holiday for a week and really missed you especially dragging me into a thread i had not seen or commented on.Good that you missed me though.

Edited by TIL 1010

On 17/07/2019 at 14:11, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Srbeny played more as a deep forward when he was in Germany. So going to a 10, especially the way Farke has used his last season, isn’t the biggest stretch. 

I still don’t think Srbeny has all the necessary skills to make a significant contribution, his first touch is wanting for example, but could be a versatile squad option. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he does end up back in Germany by the time the season rolls around, but Norwich obviously aren’t pushing him out the door like Ben Marshall and Nelson. 

I thought it was just me who thinks he doesn't have the necessary skills to make a contribution. wcorkcanary and hogesar won't take too kindly to your judgement.

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Been on holiday for a week and really missed you especially dragging me into a thread i had not seen or commented on.Good that you missed me though.

Bad call Benny!! Get yer facts right, didn't drag you anywhere,  in fact  Hogo mentioned you first, I merely  replied to him. Don't flatter yourself, you're  even less important to me than L1pswich.

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Good to see you back Tilly, too many politically correct young snowflakes on here this last week.........

20 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I thought it was just me who thinks he doesn't have the necessary skills to make a contribution. wcorkcanary and hogesar won't take too kindly to your judgement.

Wrong again Benny, I sort of agree with Bethno, despite  him exceeding my expectations of  him, I doubt t he'll   be a regular for us, but can ' do a job' ....something I doubted when I first  saw him. Please don't try to second guess my reaction to other people's opinions, it makes you look foolish, as it appears  that you didn't comprehend my post ref Srbeny,try reading it again (rather than just reacting) might help you see that . You're  Welcome. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

19 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Bad call Benny!! Get yer facts right, didn't drag you anywhere,  in fact  Hogo mentioned you first, I merely  replied to him. Don't flatter yourself, you're  even less important to me than L1pswich.

Why bother mentioning me then and if i am less important to you than L1pswich, strange especially as you also made a point of saying i had not been around for a couple of days not forgetting of course your prompt response first thing this morning within a few minutes of me putting my computer on for the first time in a week. Jesus wept i now see you have followed me again which i have yet to read. You must have been really bored this last week.

Edited by TIL 1010

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Good to see you back Tilly, too many politically correct young snowflakes on here this last week.........

Yeah i noticed the last resort of effing and jeffing came into play Lakey in the Non Football Section.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Why bother mentioning me then and if i am less important to you than L1pswich, strange you also made a point of saying i had not been around for a couple of days not forgetting of course your prompt response first thing this morning. Jesus wept i now see you have followed me again which i have yet to read. You must have been really bored this last week.

In case you hadn't noticed this message board notifies you if you are quoted  or replied to. Like  I said Hogo asked a question,  I replied. Good day, go find someone else to accuse of being obsessed by you, your victim  act fools only the thickest .

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

In case you hadn't noticed this message board notifies you if you are quoted  or replied to. Like  I said Hogo asked a question,  I replied. Good day, go find someone else to accuse of being obsessed by you, your victim  act fools only the thickest .

Victim act...... are you for real ?  As for obsessed your posting history of following me around says all anybody needs to know. I get it you don't like me but i think i can live with that so good day to you also. You could always use the option of the ignore button.

Edited by TIL 1010

46 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It’s a good job there’s a few youngsters on here. Should help to even out the ignorant and bigoted right wing fossils like you 😁👍🏻

• Haha 1

On 17/07/2019 at 10:51, BroadstairsR said:

That player seems to be consistently improving a lot since he first came.

Many, including myself, thought that he was a bit of a donkey at first, but there's clearly more to him than that.

I still feel that he's a million miles away from PL standard, but he should be capable of doing the occasional job and should fetch a decent fee if any club at a lower/his level fancies him.

A lot of us thought van wolfswinkel was going to be good and he was a donkey for us. Dennis isn't a million miles away from being PL standard in my opinion.

Srbeny isn't Premier League class in my opinion. He hardly got on the pitch last season. Pukki and Drmic will be our main strikers, with possibly Idah in as backup. I can't see any evidence that suggests Srbeny could make the step-up, and certainly not as a no. 10. Especially when we have Leitner, Buendia, Roberts to deputise for Stiepermann. Posters extolling his virtues are basing it on blind hope rather than than footballing evidence.

24 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

It’s a good job there’s a few youngsters on here. Should help to even out the ignorant and bigoted right wing fossils like you 😁👍🏻

You mean the gammons? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Srbeny isn't Premier League class in my opinion. He hardly got on the pitch last season. Pukki and Drmic will be our main strikers, with possibly Idah in as backup. I can't see any evidence that suggests Srbeny could make the step-up, and certainly not as a no. 10. Especially when we have Leitner, Buendia, Roberts to deputise for Stiepermann. Posters extolling his virtues are basing it on blind hope rather than than footballing evidence.

Spot on HHS.

22 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

It's Passlack all over again.

5 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

You mean the gammons? 

Indeed. I get sick of this modern ideology whereby people think they can say whatever they want, whether it be racist, sexist etc, or call others out on it, then deflect it onto anyone offended, as if it's their fault. "I've just said something racist, but it's not my fault. It's your fault for being offended". Using the term "snowflake" isn't an excuse to say anything you want. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Was Srbeny a "key cog" last season then?

Nah, just a useful squad member, who as i said earlier, will be moved on as soon as he is deemed surplus to requirements. More of an optional extra than a key cog in my opinion.

23 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Was Srbeny a "key cog" last season then?

Clearly. We wouldn't have gone up if he hadn't scored that 4th against Wednesday or something...

If Farke thinks he’s good enough to be part of the squad then we have to trust that. Unlikely on paper to get many chances but you never know, if he is called upon hopefully he’ll be able to show us what he can do. Don’t think any of us have seen enough of him to write him off completely. 

• Thanks 1

Srbeny is one of those unsung hero types, always gives his best when called upon, always busy and makes sure he gets on the ball.  He can score great goals, but he can also miss them - and that is what he needs to work on....but he has been at a fantastic club now with brilliant players for a whole season and some of that should have rubbed off on him.  He may improve his first touch, which is what Bethnal mentioned, he may get better at finishing. 

I would never write off any player who's attitude is right...because even if they have  weaknesses in their game, their attitude is such that they will improve.  People doubted Vrancic in his first season, but the way he gradually adapted was teriffic to see.Stiepermann was not totally there in his first season either - but he too developed his game. 

Srbeny is a unit - strong and determined and with some talent. If he has been able to harness that and work at his game, he may yet get more minutes this season.  I like the look of him and imo we should look forwards to seeing him on the pitch, because if he is picked it means he has improved and is ready to make an impact.

Not good enough? Let's wait and see.....

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

I suppose the question really is can he do it on a balmy, summer's afternoon in London/Manchester/Liverpool? 🤔

Apples

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well, apart from what you actually said is that Srbeny is more suited to Sloughbottom park, which is complete nonsense.

I've not seen anyone (well, maybe Lakey but not sure) claim that Srbeny should be anything near a regular starter in the Premier League. 

My view was for the small cost involved in keeping him, he has decent enough technical ability and a little height and strength to be an option should we need him - especially since it's unlikely we're going to sign another CAM this summer. He's a backup option to performing Stiepermann's role and that's about it.

• Like 1