Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Huddersfield new kit

Has to be a standard PP marketing bit of fun - but to be fair they've gone the whole hog with website etc too...

It's DEFINITELY a publicity stunt... You can't have logos that big, which make the players look as though they're wearing a Miss World sash.

The only publicity from that is to think how disgusting it is...yes the idea of marketing is brand awareness/to get people talking about it (blah blah blah) but I’ve always though it somewhat counter-productive if it’s in a negative way.  

(And another thing - is that yet another betting sponsorship....I wonder if their fans are as ‘annoyed’ by this as sone of ours are)

“We’ve gone for a really modern twist on how we feature the famous Paddy Power logo"

Has to be a wind up. Quite a good wind up though.

38 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

The only publicity from that is to think how disgusting it is...yes the idea of marketing is brand awareness/to get people talking about it (blah blah blah) but I’ve always though it somewhat counter-productive if it’s in a negative way.  

All publicity is good publicity, they say. Despite so many clubs being sponsored by betting companies nowadays, it's hard to name any of them, but Paddy Power are certainly doing enough to make everyone of their (and Huddersfield's) presence, so it's certainly working so far.

29 minutes ago, king canary said:

Got to hand it PP they know how to get attention.

They're brilliant. They posted a couple of videos on social media the other day announcing the sponsorship, and basically just took the **** out of Huddersfield. 

But.... It works.

Paddy Power's marketing is excellent. The 'loyalty club' thing they did with Rhodri Giggs was a stroke of inspiration. Even if you disagree with betting or find their marketing schtick a bit crass, it generates discussion and makes the brand notable. Plus I think Paddy Power was the first bookie to 'pay out early' on the Premier League, and then did it plenty of other times with other markets/sports. I'm not much of a betting man, but I lived with a bookie for six years so I know a fair amount about the industry.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

One of the best adverts ever created.

Oh god I hated them- so cringe, I just felt sorry for a guy desperately trying to be famous off the fact his wife shagged his brother.

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

Oh god I hated them- so cringe, I just felt sorry for a guy desperately trying to be famous off the fact his wife shagged his brother.

It came across to me like he was trying to make his brother look as bad as possible whilst making a bit of cash, rather than trying to be famous.

30 minutes ago, king canary said:

Reminds me of the joke when wife says to her husband I have some good news and some bad news for you, the husband says give me the good news, wife says, you got a bigger **** than your brother!

That’s hideous, at which point does the sponsor take over the club for the shirt?

6 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

(And another thing - is that yet another betting sponsorship....I wonder if their fans are as ‘annoyed’ by this as sone of ours are)

The odds are that they are.

And I would like a look of the back of the shirt..... a sort of each way view

3 hours ago, AJ said:

Looks like a bridal party sash!

Yep, some old bird called Paddy on her way to Magaluf to get wrecked with her mates.