Sign in to follow this  
Ramrod

We are picking up too many strains

Didn't Sam Byram say today he had just come in off the back of three weeks training in Switzerland. And with Triple sessions? 

Is that altitude training I wonder. In any event compare that to a week at Colney which from the clips released by the Club looked like a half-@rsed school sports day and similar in Germany and we have a multitude of muscle strains including young Louis Thompson doing his hamstring turning to sprint. 

Some players have clearly put in the training off season like Buendia and Hanley, some played into the break like Pukki but many others needed an extra early week at Colney conditioning before kicking a ball. 

In short, too many are unfit and looking lethargic in the sessions (God knows why the Club showed them)  compare that to Russell Martin beating himself. 

The Club has done so much right but surely this is not EPL pre-season standard? 

42 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

Didn't Sam Byram say today he had just come in off the back of three weeks training in Switzerland. And with Triple sessions? 

Is that altitude training I wonder. In any event compare that to a week at Colney which from the clips released by the Club looked like a half-@rsed school sports day and similar in Germany and we have a multitude of muscle strains including young Louis Thompson doing his hamstring turning to sprint. 

Some players have clearly put in the training off season like Buendia and Hanley, some played into the break like Pukki but many others needed an extra early week at Colney conditioning before kicking a ball. 

In short, too many are unfit and looking lethargic in the sessions (God knows why the Club showed them)  compare that to Russell Martin beating himself. 

This is a joke right? 

43 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

I knew our Russ is a Vegan but I didn't realise he's in to self flagellation as well.......................................

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I knew our Russ is a Vegan but I didn't realise he's in to self flagellation as well.......................................

Typo. Should read 'beasting.' 

Seriously though, look at Liverpool's pre season for example and again Byrams comments. 

Our boys are just skipping around before laying down with comfy cushions for 'recovery.' 

I'd be taking that XBox away too and giving young Cantwell and Roberts an early night. While I'm at it I'd have their mobiles locked up because all I seem to see is social media when they should be training. 

You are kidding?  Our training sessions are meant to be harder than most - which is why they get the odd little strain - the benefit of which was clear in our players lasting the full game better than many opponents last season.  

Just because we don’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

Lots of strains is more likely to be a sign of being over worked and trained rather than under training. 

Farke famously works players hard in preseason. I don’t think there is anything to be worries about on that front. Personally my worries go the other way, that sometimes he does too many sessions which leads to injuries. 

21 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

Seriously though, look at Liverpool's pre season for example and again Byrams comments. 

Our boys are just skipping around before laying down with comfy cushions for 'recovery.' 

Did you miss the whole of last season????

10 hours ago, Ramrod said:

I'm not sure what your qualifications are, maybe you're right but I doubt Farke is going out of his way to sabotage our season.

Then again, it could just be somebody trying to get the negative out there, before the season starts. 

and so it begins......    

Edited by splendidrush

9 hours ago, Ramrod said:

Are you for real?

I've just watched the videos again. Skipping around cones. Hardly working up a sweat. 

Throw in some star jumps and burpees FFS. 

Farke should have had them back a week sooner. 

5 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

I've just watched the videos again. Skipping around cones. Hardly working up a sweat. 

Throw in some star jumps and burpees FFS. 

Farke should have had them back a week sooner. 

I must have missed your tenure as England manager ...

Ramrod = True Grit.

Make sure you put all those fish back in the water, pal!