Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Things to do/places to stay in Norfolk

33 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

Center parcs  would be counterproductive though, you have to sell your children to be able to afford to take your children there.

I saw this the other day and,after hearing my friends experience, think it's pretty legit.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If you do go to North Norfolk it is worth doing one of the seal boat trips from Blakeney. Kids love it. 

Each to their own but Horsey is free, and you can watch the seals at your own leisure. Totally free, and a nice walk amongst the dunes.

I did Blakeney as a kid, and I do remember enjoying it, but I really like Horsey :classic_biggrin: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Herman said:

I saw this the other day and,after hearing my friends experience, think it's pretty legit.

Yeh, and its not just the cost of staying there, its the cost of doing anything once you arrive.

Centre parcs in France was about 50% cheaper including travel costs!

• Like 1

Anyone else agree that Fairhaven water garden at S Walsham is something of a hidden gem? Bite size  but enough for a half day and slightly magical in an understated English way

• Like 1

"Each to their own but Horsey is free, and you can watch the seals at your own leisure. Totally free, and a nice walk amongst the dunes."

The Nelson is a decent pub too for a refreshment and food. 🍻👍

Apples

• Like 1

I believe the seals at horsey are only there in the winter months as they're grey seals that migrate South to birth their young, I think the ones at Blakeney are harbour seals that remain all year?

I think you're right Rivvo, you can still see the Greys on Scroby Sands all year round where they rest up (with boat trips during the summer from Yarmouth front). 👍

Apples

10 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

Anyone else agree that Fairhaven water garden at S Walsham is something of a hidden gem? Bite size  but enough for a half day and slightly magical in an understated English way

Lovely little boat ride with nice views of St Benets Abbey, which is another place well worth a trip. Park on the road in Ludham and there is a lovely, shortish walk (2km or so) to reach it. My eldest two have great imaginations and can be kept well entertained for a couple of hours by ruins. And other than your petrol/diesel, it's free!

Fairhaven is reasonably priced, about £7 quid for adults, £4 for kids with under 5s going for nothing. And when I last went they didn't even ask for the age of my 6 year old, just quoted me admission for 2 adults and a child.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rivvo said:

I believe the seals at horsey are only there in the winter months as they're grey seals that migrate South to birth their young, I think the ones at Blakeney are harbour seals that remain all year?

I was there in late April last year and they were there - Think you're right in that the Blakeney ones are there all year, but I believe the Horsey ones are also there all year, albeit maybe less frequent in summer - Tripadvisor reviews says there were seals there as of last week https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g1469072-d3970270-Reviews-Horsey_Beach-Horsey_Norfolk_East_Anglia_England.html

10 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

I think you're right Rivvo, you can still see the Greys on Scroby Sands all year round where they rest up (with boat trips during the summer from Yarmouth front). 👍

Apples

Great way to spend a weeks holiday watching Grey Whales it will certainly be something for your kids to share with their friends

The tubs will give them whiplash, where’s there’s blame ........

SNORKELING - The coral reefs are remarkably beautiful. They’re also remarkably little-known. You’ll feel like a
pioneering undersea explorer as you weave your way amongst the natural wonders. You’ll be exposed to a myriad prefer staying completely dry - explore the Norfolk Island seascape from a glass-bottomed boat instead.

More discovery NORFOLK ISLAND: https://docsbay.net/discover-norfolk-island