Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

Ben Godfrey - phew

Just seen his tweets. Quite an injury list we’ve got!

Godfrey, Thomson, McClean, Drmic, Tettey, Zimmerman and Vrancic all injured with differing timescales

Edited by JF

Great news about Ben.

We had a friendly game with a 4th tier German side today and Idah led the line for 75 minutes, scoring a brace. Hernandez and Pukki scored the other two and Byram had an assist. His first assist about 6 hours after signing was announced!

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-sc-bonner-match-report-1-6163876

Edited by Yelloow Since 72

Indeed great news, hopefully he’ll recover from a heavy nock quickly. We need him in the starting line up come Liverpool IMO.

Just as well we didn’t rush out and panic buy a stand-in then. 😉

Just watch Farke pick Klose and Hanley for the Liverpool game now.

11 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Just watch Farke pick Klose and Hanley for the Liverpool game now.

Can't see it myself, Hanley has looked fairly weak in both pre-season fitness games, and I'm surprised he's not already been sold,- especially after the Blackburn link.

Godfrey, Klose and Zimm (when he's back) to fight it out for the 2 central places, with Hanley (if we keep him) or a youngster like Rocky taking the 4th spot as eme cover.

Interesting use of Jamal Lewis as emergency centre back.  As he fills out he's tall enough to play there, but does he have the capability.  Maybe there is no need to wet our pants and with Heise to cover Lewis, he can readily play in the centre if called upon?

10 hours ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Thompson’s injury was bad it seems. So I suspect he’ll be loaned out 

I must've missed this... how do you know that? Awful news if so, poor bloke.

58 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Interesting use of Jamal Lewis as emergency centre back.  As he fills out he's tall enough to play there, but does he have the capability.  Maybe there is no need to wet our pants and with Heise to cover Lewis, he can readily play in the centre if called upon?

Very interesting. If we play a high pressing game then pace counts. Godfrey has pace and that's it. Jamal Lewis could do a job. 

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

No chance. His skill set is far better suited to being a full back or wing back.

For example: Gareth Bale started out as a defender and still has the physical presence and probably the tactical nous to do it, but he isn't going to because that clearly isn't his best position. 

10 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

No chance. His skill set is far better suited to being a full back or wing back.

For example: Gareth Bale started out as a defender and still has the physical presence and probably the tactical nous to do it, but he isn't going to because that clearly isn't his best position. 

Wasn't Jamal an excellent middle distance runner and could have gone professional with that (or have I made that part up?). His biggest strengths are his pace and endurance. He can get up and down the pitch all day long. You'd lose that playing him centre back.

I assume he was centre back only because there was virtually no other option with Zimmerman and Klose not able and it wouldn't be fair to throw Heisse into it.

Edited by All the Germans

17 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Wasn't Jamal an excellent middle distance runner and could have gone professional with that (or have I made that part up?).

HE WAS

His biggest strengths are his pace and endurance. He can get up and down the pitch all day long. You'd lose that playing him centre back. AGREE

I assume he was centre back only because there was virtually no other option with Zimmerman and Klose not able and it wouldn't be fair to throw Heisse into it. AGREE

He is only 5ft 10in which is no height now for a CB

53 minutes ago, Bill said:

He is only 5ft 10in which is no height now for a CB

He looks way taller than that, makes Max look like Jimmy Kranky.

I am always astonished by how short top players are, a few Crouch types aside.  A good small'un beats a big yin!

11 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

Can't see it myself, Hanley has looked fairly weak in both pre-season fitness games, and I'm surprised he's not already been sold,- especially after the Blackburn link.

I clearly need to make even heavier use of the winky “this is not serious” emoji.

12 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I clearly need to make even heavier use of the winky “this is not serious” emoji.

Sorry dude, was reading/posting from a mate's older phone which doesn't show any of the emojis for some bizarre reason.

• Like 1