Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Sebastien Haller

Looks like he's off to West Ham for a cool £45 million.

If my memory is correct the fee that was being talked about when we almost signed him two and half years ago was £7 million or thereabouts. However, he took a look at the down at heel Colney on a filthy day in the middle of winter and decided that we weren't for him (or so the story goes). 

Wow! Really? That's crazy. He's a good goal scorer, so perhaps £45 million will look like good business.

Just goes to show our scouting is top notch! And also shows why Webber was so desperate to develop our facilities, if that story is to be believed.

I wonder if any player has looked at the stadium and upped their demands...

....(retreats from the lit blue touch paper)

Edited by Barbe bleu
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It wasn’t so much the facilities he didn’t like, but felt he could get to a slightly larger club if he just held on for a season - which he was correct about. 

Well he was right but he did also ( or may have been his agent ) make a comment about the facilities / colney / carrow road etc not being at the standard he thought / expected.

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well he was right but he did also ( or may have been his agent ) make a comment about the facilities / colney / carrow road etc not being at the standard he thought / expected.

Wasn't this the same time we had a couple of left backs reject us too? I think Dijks came in and turned down a permanent move that window before joining on loan and there was someone else...

1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

I wonder if any player has looked at the stadium and upped their demands...

....(retreats from the lit blue touch paper)

I would be more concerned that they were kept away from this forum 😉

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Wasn't this the same time we had a couple of left backs reject us too? I think Dijks came in and turned down a permanent move that window before joining on loan and there was someone else...

Yep, sounds familiar. And that was when Colney was basically portakabins, so...

4 hours ago, king canary said:

Dijks Had agreed everything wages been to stadium and colney and was happy with everything then 10 mins later he said he didn't want to sign Permanent , they only way he would sign was on Loan , i did not hear from anyone at the club it was Colney he just had second thoughts at last minute 

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Just out of interest, when were we in for Haller? I completely missed that one.

As for West Ham spending £45m on him, I think that's probably just the start of West Ham's spending on strikers. Shows what we're dealing with in the Premier League.

Think it was the infamous January under Neil when we spent bucket loads on quite a bit of crap.

7 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Where is Dijks now ?

Bologna. I had him in my (Italian) Fantasy Football team last year, and with Fantasy Football in Italy being much better and taken more seriously than the English version, I followed him pretty closely. His first half of the season was interrupted by niggling injuries and hampered by the fact that Bologna were struggling in the relegation zone, but after Mihajlovic became the coach at the end of January things improved. Dijks became a regular and Bologna were one of the form teams in the division, finishing tenth.

So overall, he's doing well for himself.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

With the new Stadium that the taxpayers are subsidizing the 60,000 fans who've just turned up, not to mention the sale of Upton Park for redevelopment, I reckon that they should be pushing for top six. 

It won't happen of course, they've deserted the 'West Ham way' replacing it with the Villa/Newcastle model of spending a fortune for little return, any improvement on last season will be minimal. 

Edited by splendidrush

West Ham's training ground is nothing to write home about.  If you travel into London by train, it's on the right as you crawl through Epping.