Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Player diets

Just now, Rock The Boat said:

And what do they eat when there is no vegetarian option?

I don't know because I'm not a weirdo who doesn't check people are OK with the menu before booking somewhere to eat...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Exactly.

This is like the people who ask why there aren't any 'straight bars.'

Your analogy doesn't work because I can go to a gay bar and still get a beer. But I can't go to a vegetarian restaurant and get a beef steak

See, gay bars are more tolerant than vegetarian restaurants

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

You gotta hand it to RTB... This last bit is pretty funny

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

You gotta hand it to RTB... This last bit is pretty funny

Trouble is, he was serious.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, king canary said:

I don't know because I'm not a weirdo who doesn't check people are OK with the menu before booking somewhere to eat...

So I receive an invitation to an Indian restaurant and on arrival it turns out to be a vegetarian Indian. 

I have no choice to eat non-vegetarian. But this would almost never happen in a non-vegetarian restaurant. 

And regarding cross-contamination, regular restaurants manage to deal with the issue, so I can't see why vegetarian restaurants are so difficult

2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Your analogy doesn't work because I can go to a gay bar and still get a beer. But I can't go to a vegetarian restaurant and get a beef steak

God you're weird.

Most restaurants offer vegetarian options because it is commercially sensible. Enough of the population is vegetarian that catering for them makes sense as they'll often get mixed groups of meat eaters and vegetarians.

Vegetarian restaurants don't offer meat options because there is enough of a market of vegetarians who would prefer to eat in a restaurant that is free of meat. It isn't about being intolerant, it is about what makes commerical sense. If there was a demand for restaurants that didn't serve veggie or vegan options they'd exist.

People who like you who enjoy being **** for the sake of it are in a small enough minority that they don't need catering for. I'd imagine your veggie friends probably don't enjoy going out for dinner with you that much.

• Like 1

I do eat vegetarian sometimes. I enjoy a nice bag of chips. The best are from Grosvenor Fish Bar but they're fried in beef dripping so I suppose they don't count

Let's take RTBs  joined up thinking a bit further,  would be expect to be able to request the lord's prayer in a mosque?  A reading from the Koran in a synagogue?  Can he buy toiletries in a toy shop?   His lack of comprehension of the meaning of Vegetarian is stunning, amusing and truly pathetic all at once.

10 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I think we've gone off topic, well off.

Good, as the OT was a thinly veiled attempt at Virtue Signalling by LDC. pretending he wanted to discuss Players diets , when all he really wanted was to let us know that he'd reduced his intake of animal products. He'd got a bit of a hard time the last couple of days, so i figure this was a distraction technique.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

So I receive an invitation to an Indian restaurant and on arrival it turns out to be a vegetarian Indian. 

I have no choice to eat non-vegetarian. But this would almost never happen in a non-vegetarian restaurant. 

And regarding cross-contamination, regular restaurants manage to deal with the issue, so I can't see why vegetarian restaurants are so difficult

'Regular' restaurants (whatever that means) don't claim to be 'Vegetarian' or 'Vegan Restaurants'... Therefore, the regulatory stuff which needs to be put in place by veggie/vegan establishments doesn't get put in place.

They offer some veggie dishes, probs prepared away from the meat but one can never be certain.

Get it?

I've just finished my sausage, bacon and eggs - oh, and black pudding.

Yer don't know what yer missing. 😀

Back on topic - I have some knowledge of what players diets consist of - as I own a city centre restaurant which is frequently visited by City players and coaching staff, and they are pretty careful what they eat. Young Angus Gunn and the Murphy boys never visited but then we don't do kebabs or chips. I miss Cameron Jerome as he visited twice a week and dropped loads of money.

An no I'm not giving any secrets away about who we are as I don't need the riff-raff to scare my best customers away, lol 

Just now, Rock The Boat said:

Back on topic - I have some knowledge of what players diets consist of - as I own a city centre restaurant which is frequently visited by City players and coaching staff, and they are pretty careful what they eat. Young Angus Gunn and the Murphy boys never visited but then we don't do kebabs or chips. I miss Cameron Jerome as he visited twice a week and dropped loads of money.

And no I'm not giving any secrets away about who we are as I don't need the riff-raff to scare my best customers away, lol 

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

An no I'm not giving any secrets away about who we are as I don't need the riff-raff to scare my best customers away, lol 

Russ?

5 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I wouldn't worry about that, I can't imagine many on this thread are dying to try it out...

7 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Orlando?

Ooh... Sorry... shhh... it isn't actually a restaurant is it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Good, as the OT was a thinly veiled attempt at Virtue Signalling by LDC. pretending he wanted to discuss Players diets , when all he really wanted was to let us know that he'd reduced his intake of animal products. He'd got a bit of a hard time the last couple of days, so i figure this was a distraction technique.

If LDC was virtue signalling, what is RTB doing? Argumentative tw*t signalling?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Good, as the OT was a thinly veiled attempt at Virtue Signalling by LDC. pretending he wanted to discuss Players diets , when all he really wanted was to let us know that he'd reduced his intake of animal products.

It wasn't that I wanted to let people know anything, it is that I am interested in finding out more about the subject to see what others are doing, which might then inform me as to how I can do things better.  As for virtual signalling, I'm not really interested in "virtue", for me it is more about learning. 

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It wasn't that I wanted to let people know anything, it is that I am interested in finding out more about the subject to see what others are doing, which might then inform me as to how I can do things better.  As for virtual signalling, I'm not really interested in "virtue", for me it is more about learning. 

Best attitude to take, imo, Lakey 👍

It is all a process. We must learn to be tolerable of others preferences. This doesn't just apply to diets!

8 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

It is all a process. We must learn to be tolerable of others preferences. This doesn't just apply to diets!

Binner!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

and vegetarian restaurants :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

Mo Leitner is very careful about what he eats. When he arrived on loan he asked if he could meet the chef to discuss his diet.