Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Norwich Board

Further to my posting below I hope the Norwich board have not also thought just because Leon scored two on Sunday he is the answer to all our problems and will get us promotion himself therefore decided to put a couple of obstructive demands in the way of the Hux transfer because Leon will not score every game and is just as likely to have a lean spell as do all strikers.

I realise I may be barking up the worng tree and still support the board 100% but it does seem strange that a deal that was virtually agreed by both parties has suddenly just hit a brick wall and is now seemingly dead and buried.

Well as predicted Huckerby has become the bad guy in pantomime season. Unless we know the details of the contract he was offered, Man City''s position and the other options he has on the table I don''t think we can judge. At the end of the day he has a limited careerspan which could end at any time through injury (Eadie, Notman). I''m sure any of us in his position would have to balance career aspirations with making sure we''re financially comfortable whatever happens. Now I''m not condoning the worst aspects of footballing greed but just wonder who are we to judge when we don''t know all the facts. I posted last week to say I could see a situation where perhaps the Board would offer a poor contract and Hucks would end up the bad guy......

Let''s wait and see what happens I have a feeling this one isn''t over yet.

Keep the faith and get behind the boys on Boxing day.

Happy Christmas

A deal was never ''virtually agreed''. We always knew, and the club always said, that personal terms still had to be agreed and with that fat Man C contract standing in the way it was never going to be easy.

You needn''t worry about the board thinking Leon''s debut means all is sorted and we''ll be champions by April. NW will never allow the board to think that. The fact that he came to within an ace of bringing in 3 top quality div1 one strikers shows how much he knows its about quality AND quantity and not just one player. That''s how the Chase board thought. Does anyone rememeber the season we got relegated from the prem when we beat the scummers 3-0 at our place? Jamie Cureton scored 1 or 2 and eadie as well. Word at the time was that we were about to go and make a bid for someone but Chase in his infinite wisdom after that game withdrew the money saying we didn''t need another player. Cureton and Eadie were going to save us as they''d suddenly found their shooting boots. As it was we had just played a really poor team and we never won another game after that. This time, we''ve beaten the scum again but we''re not going to be so complacent. NW won''t allow that. What ever you think of him he''s never complacent.

Well done the board!!Team spirit is more important than the selfish actions of one or wo individuals.

Bang on YnG - you got my total support. We will be (as Nige always says) "there or thereabouts come May".

Let''s do it Yellas, three months of total comittment and we can get there...

Huckerby did not score every game, but he created something every game he played.
Now in starting to slam hucks you are all being drawn to the level of his agent.
Hucks would have been the most valuable asset that norwich could have had and saying other wise is pure sour grapes.

I for one will never forget the exciting runs and attacking play the Darren huckerby produced for us in his 3 mounth loan spell, he was the most exciting players (actually THE MOST exciting) we have had since Darren Eadie and Ruel Fox. Every time he got the ball you are on the edge of your seats (OR STANDING BARCLAY ONLY) expecting something to happen. Only once in while does a player come along like this. It''s a shame he didnt join us.

But life goes on, we are top of the league. NW will carry on looking for quality, and it will leave us to get on with backing the TEAM 100% with or without DH.

On the Ball City

Great post Ronbol.I was very dissappointed with the reaction of some of the posters after the so called Hucks statement.I suspected his agent had released it and still kept the belief that hes a decent honest lad.I maybe totally wrong but I''m keeping faith that he will sort it out himself and this story will have a happy ending.
Just surprised that some people are slagging him down,tuesday morning he was God but by afternoon a villian! Lets give him a chance and see what happens.I would love to have him play up front with leon,think about how many goals the pair of them could score!!

IAM NOT SLAGGING HIM HE IS A GREAT PLAYER AND I WOULD LOVE TO SIGN HIM. BUT THERE R ANOTHER 10 PLAYERS THAT PLAY ON THE PITCH IT ANT ALL DOWN TO HUCKS U KNOW. HERE IS AN INTRESTING FACT FOR U WE OFFERED HUCKS 90% OF HIS CURRENT WAGE DEAL AT MAN C. GET BEHIND THE TEAM NOT JUST 1 PLAYER WE R NOT A 1MAN TEAM.
IF IT WONT 4 GRENNO AND FLEMING THIS GOD KNOWS HOW MANY GOALS WE WOULD HAV LET IN.

He was a God ! The God went missing against Watford just to highlight one notable lowpoint , even had to resort to cheating.

Tin God maybe letsget over it.

What sacrifices was he making ? City taking an almighty gamble on a not too reliable longshot.

Should do wonders for team morale. Step up to the plate Leon and young Ryan.

I wish people wouldn''t re-write history. When the 3 loanees came here, we were 14th: when they left we were 2nd. Anyone who''s watched City through this season has seen the difference they made. From Nielsen trotting round after his defender, seemingly trying to avoid being given the ball and Robbo staying in the comfort zone too much, to Huckerby and Crouch getting in positions to give Paul McSmall and Mullers options. It''s plain wrong to say Huckerby didn''t contribute massively. He scored 5 goals, but he made several more, and he galvanised the whole team. That''s fact, and just because he (or his agent, or whoever) has made a really crass statement can''t change anything. I hope we get him, and I hope that NCFC is the club where he shows his true ability (I think it could be), but IF we don''t we should still be grateful. All we need is Crouch back, then we have some really exciting options up front.