Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Ashton: The lessons.

Whether he stays or goes I suggest there is a lesson to be learned.

Buy quality, even if it costs more because the sum total of mediocre players not only costs more but they can rapidly depreciate.

We spent good money in Ashton on a good player, same with Huckerby and IMO Doherty.

The costs have been repaid by promotions and increased values.

If Ashton goes I hope the Club ''invests'' in good young talent with the proceeds.

If he goes, & it is a big IF, I am concerned about where the money will be spent. I too feel it will be spent on average players who will plug a gap rather than hav the ability to win a game 4 us. We will sign Robinson instead of Koumas, for example. Now I know there is alot more going on behind the scenes and personality will come into it but a good player is a good player the key is to have a manager that can get the best out of them whatever the circumstances! Also I don''t know how much the board will giv Worthy even if he does go. Would you giv all the money to a man that was close to losing his job a few weeks ago?

very true - barely a single summer signing has been involved in the good run. do the board trust worthy to spend the money on a new group of cloggers.

In fact WHY is worthy so afraid of a bit of flair - these players always take the blame for bad performances unyet your Holts and Hughes are reguarly average to below average but they run around a lot more....