Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Are we any stronger?

30 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

It then depends whether you think last season's squad could have survived in the PL. I think they could.

I agree with you Ron. I actually think that our starting eleven would do really well. But can't guarantee they will start and finish all 38 games. We need depth so the backup players have to be of a similar quality. We are ok with Leitner & Vrancic at play maker, Hernandez, Buendia, Cantwell & Roberts at the wide midfield, Tettey & Trybull at Defensive midfield. In the last week there have been injuries to 3 of our central defenders and we have only Hanley left. From the threads going around no-one is entirely confident in him.

So we need players on the heels of the starting eleven and numbers in those key central positions so that we can remain competitive when there are injuries. 

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

There is little difference in quality between a well scouted and researched ' affordable' player and the latest ' must have hotshot'....who may not turn out to be that great. We cannot afford a ' proven top premier League player'. We can afford  to put together a cohesive squad that will work for each other.

For confirmation of this, read/ listen to any interview with SW. If you still don't get it, then i am really at a loss to help any further.

Spot on. It's about creating a cohesive team with players putting the team above their own interests. Something many PL teams lack.