Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Pre-season friendlies

Serious thread this time... we start our pre-season campaign against Arminia Bielefeld this afternoon.

There's a livestream too, if you can find a way to watch it alongside the British GP, Wimbledon Men's Final and Cricket World Cup Final. Kickoff is 3pm.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2019/july/watch-live-dsc-arminia-bielefeld-v-norwich-city/

• Like 2

Thompson playing RB, by the looks of it... interesting. And Srbeny at 10?

32 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thompson playing RB, by the looks of it... interesting. And Srbeny at 10?

I’d guess Drmic would be in the number 10, Wolfie, but will be interesting to see the new boys start regardless - no injuries please! 🙏  

3 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

2 up front?

Maybe? Also looking forward to seeing Idah making his senior debut in the 2nd half I’m guessing, could be interesting...

BTW, did anyone notice Accrington Stanley beat 9 times French champions Marseille 2-1 the other night 😂

10 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

BTW, did anyone notice Accrington Stanley beat 9 times French champions Marseille 2-1 the other night 😂

Who are they?

• Haha 2

Srbeny played as a ‘10’ a few times when he came off the bench last season. Think all of Thompson’s minutes last season were either on the right wing or at right back.

Don’t think Farke really sees him as a DM - he wants players who are much more technical in that position. 

One thing is for sure from the stream.  I was right about the kit.  Far too much green on the shirt.  Makes them look as if they've been playing hours already.  Never have a good season when there's loads of green on our shirts.  Simpler the better.

It’s a very ‘green’ kit indeed. Buendia is coming in for some rough treatment, bit worried by the apparent competitiveness from them for just a ‘friendly’, he could have been out for the season with one of those lunges jeez 👎

Good example of the sort of save we can expect from Ralf there!  Gets a bit of distance on it thankfully.

I take it from the comments that you are able to get the stream then Shefcanary? 

1 minute ago, Surfer said:

I take it from the comments that you are able to get the stream then Shefcanary? 

It's on the main Norwich canaries.co.uk site in the UK.  Sheffield is still in the UK.  Just.

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

‘Ivo Pinto’ on for Thompson 😂

1D29F1E1-1393-472B-AC38-E5FA37ED3851.png

But don’t worry, ‘Matt Jarvis’ replaces Godfrey 😂

7B110662-B8A7-471D-8673-F1226A3498A1.png

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

But don’t worry, ‘Matt Jarvis’ replaces Godfrey 😂

7B110662-B8A7-471D-8673-F1226A3498A1.png

Wonder if we'll see RvW in this match? 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I’ve mentioned this before but my wife met one of these lads on a night out in Liverpool. It was his 21st birthday and he was pissed off that nobody remembered the advert-apart from my wife.

Anyway, as good as I am at multitasking, watching the cricket, playing Football Manager, watching football and drinking Red Stripe all at the same time are beyond me so I’ve turned the football off.

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

I’ve mentioned this before but my wife met one of these lads on a night out in Liverpool. It was his 21st birthday and he was pissed off that nobody remembered the advert-apart from my wife.

Anyway, as good as I am at multitasking, watching the cricket, playing Football Manager, watching football and drinking Red Stripe all at the same time are beyond me so I’ve turned the football off.

Wimbledon on the laptop, cricket on the telly, NCFC on wife's iPad, Ghost Ship in the glass. F1 recorded to watch later!

• Like 1

Forget the defending for a moment 😞 what I am constantly struck by is the quality of our ball control. I don't think I have ever seem a City team be able to demonstrate that until this current team. Long may that continue as one of our club traits.