Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Netball World Cup

3 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Maybe you should go for a run too. Off a cliff 🚶🏻‍♂️

Lol, I might have guessed you'd turn up at some point. I've been for a run today thanks, I recommend it to all cricket watchers, if they are able....or you could just sit in front of a tv all day...

Can we stick to the subject please, this thread is about netball

2A658B98-0946-4331-A2C5-F0AE0271F467.jpeg

Edited by FenwayFrank
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You should chill out, or maybe all that sitting in front of tvs, laptops, phones or whatever you have been watching all day has left you a bit wound up.  Go for a run maybe? 

Mind your own f*cking business, you pompous c*nt.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Lol, I might have guessed you'd turn up at some point. I've been for a run today thanks, I recommend it to all cricket watchers, if they are able....or you could just sit in front of a tv all day...

Chill out. I’m far more active than you, but thanks for asking 😁

Flakey really has shown himself up in the last couple of days. Piling in on threads that are about people’s passions, whether it be netball, cricket, cycling, or whatever, and filling with his pompous and bitter diatribe, is incredibly mean spirited. It reeks of arrogance and a lack of respect. You’ve always claimed to be an innocent victim and that it’s others’ fault you’re misinterpreted, but hopefully most can see you for the attention seeking plank that you are. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Flakey really has shown himself up in the last couple of days. Piling in on threads that are about people’s passions, whether it be netball, cricket, cycling, or whatever, and filling with his pompous and bitter diatribe, is incredibly mean spirited. It reeks of arrogance and a lack of respect. You’ve always claimed to be an innocent victim and that it’s others’ fault you’re misinterpreted, but hopefully most can see you for the attention seeking plank that you are. 

I can see your point, but sadly it's just the 'usual suspects' with their vendetta against him for speaking his mind against unfathomable odds and unspeakable oppression. If we'd all just listen to Lakey's every word a bit more and appreciate his altrustic wisdom, the world - and this forum - would surely be a better place.

Poor old sod, he really is falling apart at the seams. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Never ever said I am innocent or a victim - that is what others have said. 

I know I've criticised other sports this week. I admit it, I don't like cricket or cycling - and this is supposed to be a football forum.

Bring on the new season.....

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Never ever said I am innocent or a victim - that is what others have said. 

I know I've criticised other sports this week. I admit it, I don't like cricket or cycling - and this is supposed to be a football forum.

Bring on the new season.....

Probably not in those exact words, no.

But you've said the same thing in about 500 words, trying to make yourself come across like Mahatma Gandhi.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Mind your own f*cking business, you pompous c*nt.

Jesus guys, I'm not defending LDC, but if he grinds your gears that much just use the ignore button. People can agree or disagree but you could try to remain civil (and I know it goes both ways and it's not just you FTW but this was the post that tipped it for me), if you think he is just attention seeking then don't give him the attention.

Too many threads have descended recently, this one was obviously intended as a joke that should have died after the third post, not become yet another battle ground. I thought Morty and lakey was not to be repeated, I was wrong....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Jesus guys, I'm not defending LDC, but if he grinds your gears that much just use the ignore button. People can agree or disagree but you could try to remain civil (and I know it goes both ways and it's not just you FTW but this was the post that tipped it for me), if you think he is just attention seeking then don't give him the attention.

Too many threads have descended recently, this one was obviously intended as a joke that should have died after the third post, not become yet another battle ground. I thought Morty and lakey was not to be repeated, I was wrong....

I think I've been fairly civil throughout. 

What gets me is that if you dare to question some people who don't like to be questioned, or raise an issue that they don't want to think about, then some of them will just resort to abuse. I can learn through my behaviour, which I admit this week has been a bit too strident, I hope those that resort to abuse can learn from it too.  Don't use abusive language. It is not cool.

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What gets me is that if you dare to question some people who don't like to be questioned, or raise an issue that they don't want to think about, then some of them will just resort to abuse. I can learn through my behaviour, which I admit this week has been a bit too strident, I hope those that resort to abuse can learn from it too.  Don't use abusive language. It is not cool.

I haven't abused you-just exposed your lack of knowledge about subjects that you attack.

Edited by Mr Angry

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Don't use abusive language. It is not cool.

While I agree with this, it is difficult not to when you’re being an irritating ****

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I don't want to get involved in this, but, yes, you have been relatively civil, but you could have been less antagonistic. It's fair enough to question people when you are in a conversation, but it can be done in a non-confrontational way, or just ignore it if you don't have a dog in that fight...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Don't be such a flagrant attention-seeker, it's not cool.

You've been doing it for years, and I *very* rarely resort to that kind of language.

Pretty sure everyone can agree that I don't go around this forum recklessly abusing and victimising people. In fact, I've very patiently tried to call you out on your endless hectoring, but you have an answer for everything and never allow yourself to be wrong.

Take, for example, the Tour de France thread, where I called you out for pouring scorn on a thread where other people were happily exchanging their interest and passion. You flippantly replied that you weren't the first person to bring up cyclists' bad behaviour; Lapps had made a humorous comment about cyclists on Magdalen Street or something.

When I pointed this out and said you were wilfully using that as a diversion against your continuous attention-seeking diatribes against cycling and cyclists, on a thread that was started to discuss people's enjoyment of the Tour de France, you promptly ignored me. I even bumped my own post again to try to get you to respond to it, but no dice.

Hope that's a civil enough response for you.

6 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I haven't abused you-just exposed your lack of knowledge about subjects that you attack.

I never said you did, but thanks for clarifiacation on your reasons for posting to me.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Take, for example, the Tour de France thread, where I called you out for pouring scorn on a thread where other people were happily exchanging their interest and passion. You flippantly replied that you weren't the first person to bring up cyclists' bad behaviour; Lapps had made a humorous comment about cyclists on Magdalen Street or something.

When I pointed this out and said you were wilfully using that as a diversion against your continuous attention-seeking diatribes against cycling and cyclists, on a thread that was started to discuss people's enjoyment of the Tour de France, you promptly ignored me. I even bumped my own post again to try to get you to respond to it, but no dice.

Don't remember ignoring you. It wasn't a flippant reply either. If Lapps hadn't mentioned it (in jest or not), I wouldn't have had any reason to add my thoughts on the subject of cyclists.  Admittedly, I didn't need much excuse, given the several incidents I have been involved in or seen with cyclists.....I could have mentioned one or two more too....  

What was obvious though, was the denial that was being shown to the points I raised, rather than people saying that yes, some cyclists let the side down....but no, one or two people just took umbridge. Well that is up to them, but it is supposed to be a discussion board and believe it or not there are plenty of people who find cycling and cyclists a source of irritation when they show no concern for other road users, whether cars or pedestrians.....yes, on that front one of the incidents I didn't mention was a personal one where my other half was knocked into by a cyclist on a footbridge and received a mouthful of abuse for being in the way....despite the clear no cycling signs, his female partner following on (walking with her bike, to her credit) apologised, but the damage was done, my partner getting a nice purple bruise on the arm for her trouble.  Put some people on a bike and they become probably like they drive, pushy and uncaring.

I wouldn't have had any reason to add my thoughts on the subject of cyclists. 

No one asked for your opinion, we were talking about the tdf 

Don't remember ignoring you. It wasn't a flippant reply either. If Lapps hadn't mentioned it (in jest or not), I wouldn't have had any reason to add my thoughts on the subject of cyclists.  Admittedly, I didn't need much excuse, given the several incidents I have been involved in or seen with cyclists.....I could have mentioned one or two more too....  

What was obvious though, was the denial that was being shown to the points I raised, rather than people saying that yes, some cyclists let the side down....but no, one or two people just took umbridge. Well that is up to them, but it is supposed to be a discussion board and believe it or not there are plenty of people who find cycling and cyclists a source of irritation when they show no concern for other road users, whether cars or pedestrians.....yes, on that front one of the incidents I didn't mention was a personal one where my other half was knocked into by a cyclist on a footbridge and received a mouthful of abuse for being in the way....despite the clear no cycling signs, his female partner following on (walking with her bike, to her credit) apologised, but the damage was done, my partner getting a nice purple bruise on the arm for her trouble.  Put some people on a bike and they become probably like they drive, pushy and uncaring.

The issue is not the bicycle, or the car; it's the person riding or driving it. Whichever way you subdivide society, you'll get good eggs and bad eggs.

This, however, does not excuse you going onto a thread about the Tour de France purely to pick an argument with people who enjoy cycling. That's trolling, and that's just one of many examples, over many years, of why you're so unpopular on this forum.

I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears and you'll carry on doing what you've always done while pleading ignorance and saying you're just sticking up for yourself in the face of adversity. You love it, and you know you love it, and you won't admit it. That's pitiful.

I write some good stuff sometimes (imo) and I write some bad stuff. We can all do that - you too if you are honest. 

I don't pick fights, I give my thoughts on whatever subject is on hand. To me the thread on the TDF was about cycling - a subject I had something to say about and a sport that has been devalued in many people's eyes because of the amount of drug taking - and that cycling badly is a talking point up here.....ok I could have left it alone, but I didn't. I was trying to spark debate, not a dogfight.

As for falling on deaf ears, I will carry on posting as I wish, even if I tread on a few toes now and then. If people want a forum where no-one ever questions them or where no-one is allowed to have the audacity to say something different or alternative, then I am sure there are forums where bland snowflake talking shops as dull as dishwater are the norm.

Anyhow, a lot of my stuff is harmless and well meaning and I try to stick to the subject of the thread, even if I make mistakes from time to time - and I can accept that some might have found my intervention on the TFD thread annoying.  But I won't apologise for it, it is a discussion board, not a snowflake's jamboree.

7 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

So, how do you activate the ignore button? 

#askingforafriend

Go to your profile and select "ignored users" then enter their username in the search box.

• Thanks 1

Due to the capricious nature of this thread I wanted to post this photo 

It is wrong in so many ways why are the men not wearing suitable netball attire ie navy knickers and boob tube 

C6322C8E-97E1-4373-8733-AD8DE63255B8.jpeg

9 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

So, how do you activate the ignore button? 

#askingforafriend

Yeah, it's time. I just can't bear it any more, it's soul-sapping. Someone commented yesterday that "it's just like LDC and Morty all over again"... I have no desire to be involved in anything like that. But you have to ask yourself; who is the constant in those situations?

The guy's a weapons-grade attention seeker. My forum experience is going to be so much better once the contrarian old curmudgeon doesn't keep cropping up with his condescending claptrap.

6 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, it's time. I just can't bear it any more, it's soul-sapping. Someone commented yesterday that "it's just like LDC and Morty all over again"... I have no desire to be involved in anything like that. But you have to ask yourself; who is the constant in those situations?

The guy's a weapons-grade attention seeker. My forum experience is going to be so much better once the contrarian old curmudgeon doesn't keep cropping up with his condescending claptrap.

Ahh, 🙏 I'm sorry, I'll try to improve, I forgot how some younger people are closeted in their little snowflake cocoons and can't take real debate.  Its - "if you don't like it ignore it" - no wonder society is heading for social media sterility. 

Seriously though, I'll be trying to avoid confrontation a bit more. That doesn't mean I won't speak my mind though....

"You've chosen to ignore content by lake district canary."

Oh this is glorious, it's like when the geezer next door with the pneumatic drill finally packs it in.

• Haha 1