Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Netball World Cup

A friend of ours was coming up here for this. I haven’t seen any netball since I left junior school!

19 minutes ago, kick it off said:

At least it’s a real sport, unlike bloody cricket

Please show your workings.

27 minutes ago, kick it off said:

At least it’s a real sport, unlike bloody cricket

Cricket has lasted for 400+ years, I reckon it’s here to stay 😝

23 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Please show your workings.

Cricket is a sedentary activity. It’s just blokes standing in a field for a week. If you can’t play it in drizzling rain it isn’t a sport. In fact, sandwich making is closer to a sport than cricket.

7 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Cricket is a sedentary activity. It’s just blokes standing in a field for a week. If you can’t play it in drizzling rain it isn’t a sport. In fact, sandwich making is closer to a sport than cricket.

Sedentary? Guessing you’ve never actually played? 

35 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Sedentary? Guessing you’ve never actually played? 

Looks that way, doesn't it.

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Looks that way, doesn't it.

Better things to do than aimlessly stand around in a field.

Real sports don’t have a break for tea and sandwiches I’m afraid.

"Sedentary? Guessing you’ve never actually played?"

Ah, the old comeback, you don't like something so you know nothing about it line. Seen that a few times recently....

😎

Edited by lake district canary

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Ah, the old comeback, you don't like something so you know nothing about it line. Seen that a few times recently....

😎

You have to be f*cking kidding me.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

😎

The thing is, if you’ve ever played it, you’d know it’s not sedentary. In the field, you’re always walking in with bowler, ready to intercept or chase the ball. Admittedly not if you’re in the slips. If you’re bowling, you’re extending a good percentage of your muscles even if you’re just bowling spin, never mind if you’re bowling fast. And that’s only half the game-when you’re batting, you’re constantly concentrating, moving, thinking, running.

You think it’s sedentary? Think again.

7 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

The thing is, if you’ve ever played it, you’d know it’s not sedentary. In the field, you’re always walking in with bowler, ready to intercept or chase the ball. Admittedly not if you’re in the slips. If you’re bowling, you’re extending a good percentage of your muscles even if you’re just bowling spin, never mind if you’re bowling fast. And that’s only half the game-when you’re batting, you’re constantly concentrating, moving, thinking, running.

Oh god, please don't encourage him.

I’m also waiting for him to explain how come he was so vociferous about his comments about dangerous cyclists but was strangely quiet about motorists who break the speed limit.

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

I’m also waiting for him to explain how come he was so vociferous about his comments about dangerous cyclists but was strangely quiet about motorists who break the speed limit.

It doesn't matter how much everyone knows he's wrong, he will never, ever admit it. It's just pathetic. All you can do is call him out and let everyone else have a laugh.

57 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It doesn't matter how much everyone knows he's wrong, he will never, ever admit it. It's just pathetic. All you can do is call him out and let everyone else have a laugh.

Oh I don't know, I am often wrong about things.....what I am not wrong about is standing my corner if people tell me something I have said is not true when I know it to be true or those who do not understand the written word enough and just jump in because they think it is the thing to do. 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Oh I don't know, I am often wrong about things.....what I am not wrong about is standing my corner if people tell me something I have said is not true when I know it to be true or those who do not understand the written word enough and just jump in because they think it is the thing to do. 

Hahahaha, very good. Even managed some pompous put-downs of random 'other people' in there for not understanding 'the written word' as much as you do. Priceless!

Your attention-seeking complex is really, really ugly.

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

The thing is, if people break the speed limit in cars, they can be caught and fined. I would be more concerned about middle lane hoggers who get no penalty....just like many cyclists who appear to show no road sense or awareness of things around them. 

As for cricket, where nearly half the players are sitting with their feet up for hours on end and the rest are waiting for something to happen, the ball being in play for about six minutes in a whole innings - how can they call it the "world cup" when only a handful of countries ever enter it......

(bit like the rugby "world" cup too).

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hahahaha, very good. Even managed some pompous put-downs of random 'other people' in there for not understanding 'the written word' as much as you do. Priceless!

Your attention-seeking complex is really, really ugly.

As is your "mr perfect" self image.

As is your "mr perfect" self image.

Hahaha! That's a first. I'd better start taking notice of all these tons of people endlessly calling me out for being "Mr Perfect", and ruining the forum with my perfect discourse and perfect knowledge and perfect diplomacy...

After all these years, you still maintain you're not an attention seeker and it's everyone else's fault for taking your endless mouthfarts out of context. You're what the kids nowadays call a 'fun sponge': walking around the place stopping people getting carried away with excitement, telling people that things they derive pleasure from are sh*t, pompously looking down your nose at people who disagree with you... you are the worst f*cking person on this forum by a country mile.

In fact, I'm going to unblock Waveney, because if I can put up with your sh*t, I can definitely put up with his.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hahaha! That's a first. I'd better start taking notice of all these tons of people endlessly calling me out for being "Mr Perfect", and ruining the forum with my perfect discourse and perfect knowledge and perfect diplomacy...

After all these years, you still maintain you're not an attention seeker and it's everyone else's fault for taking your endless mouthfarts out of context. You're what the kids nowadays call a 'fun sponge': walking around the place stopping people getting carried away with excitement, telling people that things they derive pleasure from are sh*t, pompously looking down your nose at people who disagree with you... you are the worst f*cking person on this forum by a country mile.

In fact, I'm going to unblock Waveney, because if I can put up with your sh*t, I can definitely put up with his.

Lol. struck a nerve I think. Bless.

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Not sedentary then. Just rubbish! :classic_biggrin:

Yep, you've really p*ssed me off. Glad that it gives you so much pleasure to bring so much annoyance to other people; speaks volumes about you.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The thing is, if people break the speed limit in cars, they can be caught and fined. I would be more concerned about middle lane hoggers who get no penalty....just like many cyclists who appear to show no road sense or awareness of things around them. 

As for cricket, where nearly half the players are sitting with their feet up for hours on end and the rest are waiting for something to happen, the ball being in play for about six minutes in a whole innings - how can they call it the "world cup" when only a handful of countries ever enter it......

(bit like the rugby "world" cup too).

My point about speeding is that you were quite prepared to justify your reasons for speeding. Ok, cyclists can be a pain in the backside but I reckon more people are killed through speeding than by the actions of cyclists.

As to the cricket-if I pointed out why you are so wrong I would miss the end of the game so just take it as read that you are wrong please?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:
10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yep, you've really p*ssed me off. Glad that it gives you so much pleasure to bring so much annoyance to other people; speaks volumes about you.

You should chill out, or maybe all that sitting in front of tvs, laptops, phones or whatever you have been watching all day has left you a bit wound up.  Go for a run maybe? 

Just now, lake district canary said:

You should chill out, or maybe all that sitting in front of tvs, laptops, phones or whatever you have been watching all day has left you a bit wound up.  Go for a run maybe? 

Maybe you should go for a run too. Off a cliff 🚶🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1