Sign in to follow this  
pete

RB cover needed

Max A is a wonderful player and was attracting big team interest and will enhance his reputation in PL.  However still need cover should god forbid Max gets injured.  At this moment Max only RB at the club, must be some options available on loan. If could operate as CB would be bonus until CZ available.

6 minutes ago, pete said:

Max A is a wonderful player and was attracting big team interest and will enhance his reputation in PL.  However still need cover should god forbid Max gets injured.  

Indeed.

And Gods help will be needed in safe guarding a good number of our main players from injury this season, if we are to survive.

I see that Louis Thompson is off to Germany with the first-team squad... maybe he's being considered as our DM cover behind Trybull and Tettey? In which case, a RB to cover Aarons could be the last piece of the jigsaw. Doubt we'll go down the loan route, as loan players will want first-team football and they won't get that sat behind Aarons. Would imagine it'll be another Heise-style signing.

Has anyone seen enough of Thompson to suggest he has the ability to step up? This is a genuine question as I've never seen him play. 

47 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Has anyone seen enough of Thompson to suggest he has the ability to step up? This is a genuine question as I've never seen him play. 

Before one of his injuries a few years ago which kept him out for nearly two seasons, if I recall correctly, I saw him play a few times and on some occasions he literally looked like the best player on the field. 

Really like the player he could be but very, very unlucky with injuries, for us and particularly himself. If fit, he would probably have been in and around our first team I'm absolutely convinced. 

Difficult question to answer now of course.

• Like 2

^^ Agree with this. I saw him at the Charlton friendly last year (?) if memory serves and he looked very pacy, great on the ball and passing sharp as a tack. 

I remember we got him under AN’s reign and he was quoted as being one of the most promising up coming signings we’d made - Swindon Town I believe?

For me, going in with Tetbull and Thompson as DM cover for this season is quite risky. Though Tettey is vastly experienced he’s obviously not as capable as before, Trybull is an unknown quantity but the PL might suit him more and Thompson’s injury track record is terrible, he’s hardly played a full competitive game in 18 months so I would think it’s a position we HAVE to look at. In Daniel/ Webber we trust but that position, that so many of us has said, represents our Achilles Heel. 

Sorry for being so serious ✌🏻

1 hour ago, Fuzzar said:

As East Rider has said, in some of the few games that he played he really did look very good. There's a reason why Webber gave him a new long term contract last season while he was in the middle of a long injury lay off.

Very much fits in the 'high energy midfielder' category, after 2 years out I'd be skeptical going into the season with him as 2nd or even 3rd choice.

Think DM is the one position we need more than any other right now.

• Like 1

Farke will probably take a look at him over the German tour but I would not be surprised if he was loaned out this season. Would be a massive bonus if he was considered fit enough for the squad though.

If Thompson can get back to his best it would be like a new signing, albeit with an uncertainty over further injuries. If it weren't for Zimmo's injury, Godfrey could provide another option at DM. There's also the possibility of Godfrey at CB in a 3 at the back formation with him moving up to DM when we have the ball and dropping back to CB when it's lost. RB is certainly the priority though.

Watched Louis T a few times ,made a point of it, on tv admittedly, because the First time i saw him play, i was very impressed indeed. Maybe more so than any of the other young bucks that we have blooded recently. I would love his career with us to get to the point where no one has to use the caveat 'if he stays fit' anymore, and he is just our man Louis. Great potential, and as stated elsewhere, can be like a new signing for us. Best of luck with the fresh start Louis.

I really feel for Thompson, still has so much promise for his ability but just keeps getting bad luck with injuries. He’s not a young lad anymore and deserves a breakthrough 

Great signing. Well happy with that. He was rated very highly at Leeds, the only Leeds fan I will associate with was gutted when he was sold to West Ham. He never really kicked on from there but to me he seems like the sort of player who could flourish under Farke's regime. As a second-choice right back, I can't see who is out there (beyond an obscure foreign league signing I've never heard of) that we could have signed who would fit the bill better.

5 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

k, I can't see who is out there (beyond an obscure foreign league signing I've never heard of) that we could have signed who would fit the bill better.

Part of the beauty of how NCFC work is that people generally don’t see our new signings coming. Agree Byram seems perfect (although he’s not the messiah, he’s a very sporty boy) for the reasons given

Have been wondering where this rock-steady linchpin CDM we need might come from. Thinking obscure foreign talent, but equally won’t be surprised if, say, somewhere like Leeds obliges 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

Have been wondering where this rock-steady linchpin CDM we need might come from. Thinking obscure foreign talent, but equally won’t be surprised if, say, somewhere like Leeds obliges 

If Webber could get Phillips for 750k, I'd go and pick him up myself, and I'm in Auckland.