Sign in to follow this  
Punting Canary

Norwich v Preston Match Thread

The number of posts on this normally active thread just about sums up today''s pathetic effort.

There was absolutely nothing positive to comment on.

Just got back from the match. Where to start! I haven''t seen any post match quotes yet but I wouldn''t be surprised if Worthington hides behind the referee''s poor display. Yes, the ref had a bad day, but you really can''t blame it on him. We were terrible from start to finish. 3 shots on target in the whole match for the home team is rubbish. Etuhu was awful, he looks like just another Worthy clogger to me and not a penny should be wasted on him, he can get on the away coach tonight and get back to Preston for all I care. The midfield was totally abesent without Saf and that doesn''t bode well for February. Despite Preston''s blatant time-wasting (including the entire team bar the goalkeeper running to the corner to celebrate the second and third goals, with the ref waiting patiently for them to get back in their own half) they deserve credit. They got their tactics spot on today, they knew we''re a long-ball team now and marked McVeigh and Huckerby out of the game. Once again there was no plan B for us and it was hard to see us getting a break through right from early in the first half.

Very poor!