Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Mario🙂

Great stuff. 🙂😍

Will that be it now I wonder. Max and Jamal are contracted to 2023 and Mo until 2022 so not sure there is a big rush to extend further?

Edited by Hairy Canary

9 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Great stuff. 🙂😍

Will that be it now I wonder. Max and Jamal are contracted to 2023 and Mo until 2022 so not sure there is a big rush to extend further?

There may be 'no rush' from the club's perspective, but if all the other squad members have signed improved terms, surely they'll want their slice of the pie? Aarons rumoured to be on the verge of agreeing a new one if reports are to be believed, so I think all three of those will sign extended deals in the coming days. Well, hopefully!

Super stuff , he's a class act, makes the game look easy. Bit worried about Mo though, another quality player that I love to watch. Towards the end of the Season, when he was fit but a sub, he didn't look so happy to me.  Maybe I'm worrying about nothing. Hope so.

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'm losing count, is that all the team from last season signed till 2022 at least ?

Yep, although Leitner, Aarons and Lewis haven't signed new deals since we secured promotion... all the others have. Check out the 'Contract conundrums' thread, it's all on there 🙂

33 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Super stuff , he's a class act, makes the game look easy. Bit worried about Mo though, another quality player that I love to watch. Towards the end of the Season, when he was fit but a sub, he didn't look so happy to me.  Maybe I'm worrying about nothing. Hope so.

Think that's his personality, I sit near to where they warm up during the matches and he always looks cheesed off when he doesn't get on after doing a couple of shuttle runs. 

I always wondered that but then look at how much he celebrated at the end of the season, he's most definitely one of the group that buys in to it all; he wants to play and we need players like that 👍🏼

Thanks Richo, you'll see far more than I do, I have no probs with Mo, in fact , I wish we played 15 players, then he'd start every week. 

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

There may be 'no rush' from the club's perspective, but if all the other squad members have signed improved terms, surely they'll want their slice of the pie? Aarons rumoured to be on the verge of agreeing a new one if reports are to be believed, so I think all three of those will sign extended deals in the coming days. Well, hopefully!

Aarons has agreed a 5 year deal.

The club are just doing the announcements one at a time, so I expect we will see Aarons at some point next week. I expect Lewis and Leitner will also have something new in the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Aarons has agreed a 5 year deal.

The club are just doing the announcements one at a time, so I expect we will see Aarons at some point next week. I expect Lewis and Leitner will also have something new in the next couple of weeks. 

Lovely.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Thanks Richo, you'll see far more than I do, I have no probs with Mo, in fact , I wish we played 15 players, then he'd start every week. 

I think he's going to be massive for us this season, oozes class and I think the Premier League will suit his style. 

Watching him get annoyed is nowhere near as much as when we used to get to see the Bassong warm up, if you could call it that; be generally couldn't be arsed 😂

Delighted about that, I think he's been great for us and has the potential to do really well in the PL. And I was beginning to worry how long it was taking. I thought Webber might be playing hardball, given his age.

Best contract news I have heard from the club.  Feel Mario could be our best performer and most creative asset in the PL. 

Good stuff. I think Mario is at the peak of his career, and I can't see why that shouldn't last for another season or two at least. Clever players like Vrancic can play on longer, just look at Wes. 

Pleased we got Mario sorted, I'm just wondering how we're going to fit them all in, Daniel's got his work cut out keeping them all happy. 

10 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Delighted about that, I think he's been great for us and has the potential to do really well in the PL. And I was beginning to worry how long it was taking. I thought Webber might be playing hardball, given his age.

That's exactly what happen Nuff ! Webber has played hardball and got Vrancic down to 1 year extension, which including the year he has left from his current contract makes that 2 years in total. Most of the other players are signed up until 2022. We are no different from Newcastle - just when things start looking good we shoot ourselves in the foot ! Just brings the memories of Robert Chase  flooding back !

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1