Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×

Recommended Posts

On 11/07/2019 at 18:11, Flying Dutchman said:

It's bad enough I have to occasionally stumble upon anything posted by Bill, now Brexit is the constant thorn in the side of my slice of football. When will the madness end?

A constant thorn in your side? Seriously?

On 11/07/2019 at 20:37, Flying Dutchman said:

I feel you have definitely missed the point. There is no upset here, I've pointed that out a number of times. You haven't read the post, or have just read what you wanted to read - 'Oh, this must be someone moaning and getting upset, I'll respond based on that'.

Couldn't be further from accurate.

There was always going to be at least one.

I have read your non-football opening post, and with respect, if you don’t want others opinions you don’t like, then probably best not to start such a thread up! I’m not the only one on here that doesn’t find it hard to just open the threads I wish to, and ignore those very few that don’t appeal. I would agree with you if this forum was so swamped with off topic matter that you’d have to wade through 3 pages just to find a couple of NCFC topics but it’s really so unbelievably minimal that.... oh, forget it! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Threads being moved now. Lets hope this doen't kill the fun. Admin you really need to sell/highlight that other board more because if you have to keep moving threads there without them being created there it won't be working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Admin you really need to sell/highlight that other board more.......

A sticky at the top of this board with a link would do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

"Threads being moved now"

A sad day for the forum. ⚰️

Apples

Agreed. And how else am I going to find out that Lakey is responsible for all the unsolved hit and run cycling incidents in Cumbria?😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Agreed. And how else am I going to find out that Lakey is responsible for all the unsolved hit and run cycling incidents in Cumbria?😡

Fortunately they only happen when Lakey is on his monthly cycle. 🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lappinitup said:
2 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

Agreed. And how else am I going to find out that Lakey is responsible for all the unsolved hit and run cycling incidents in Cumbria?😡

Fortunately they only happen when Lakey is on his monthly cycle. 🤣

I honestly don't know why cycling is so popular as a pastime with the poor standard of driving that you see. I've talked about several incidents I've seen of poor cycling behaviour in the last couple of years but only yesterday was following a lorry that got frustrated and overtook a cyclist virtually without pulling out at all, if the cyclist had wobbled, that would have been it. 

Tractors pull over to let traffic past - maybe more cyclists could do that to allow traffic through - it might be safer to do that than allow frustrated motorists behind from doing something stupid.  When I go out on my bike, the last thing I want is a car behind me, I let them past.  It's the only sensible thing to do...or maybe some cyclists get a certain amount of egoistic pleasure from holding up cars. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Threads being moved now. Lets hope this doen't kill the fun. Admin you really need to sell/highlight that other board more because if you have to keep moving threads there without them being created there it won't be working.

We're working on it.

3 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Why hasn’t the EU thread been moved ? 

This has already been explained here

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I honestly don't know why cycling is so popular as a pastime with the poor standard of driving that you see. I've talked about several incidents I've seen of poor cycling behaviour in the last couple of years but only yesterday was following a lorry that got frustrated and overtook a cyclist virtually without pulling out at all, if the cyclist had wobbled, that would have been it. 

Tractors pull over to let traffic past - maybe more cyclists could do that to allow traffic through - it might be safer to do that than allow frustrated motorists behind from doing something stupid.  When I go out on my bike, the last thing I want is a car behind me, I let them past.  It's the only sensible thing to do...or maybe some cyclists get a certain amount of egoistic pleasure from holding up cars. 

 

 

Blo*dy cyclist, getting overtaken dangerously by a lorry driver.

I hope you genuinely do have a strange, pathological need to receive attention from people. Because the alternative is that you are genuinely thick as pig-sh*t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pete Raven said:

Linkk to the non-forum page now at the top of the NCFC section.

I really don't like that change. Now the non-football threads are permanently at the top. That's the opposite of my preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Or maybe you need to learn a bit of understanding or at least read posts properly. I was saying how dangerous it was for the cyclist, not the motorist.

 

Yes, and then you went on to say that the remedy for a lorry doing a dumba*s and dangerous thing was for the cyclist to amend their behaviour.

Not on the same level, but not too dissimilar to those incel c*nts who say that rape victims should dress more conservatively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I really don't like that change. Now the non-football threads are permanently at the top. That's the opposite of my preference.

Its needs to be in plain sight to be effective and the reason that is important is people(who enjoy the non-football threads) need to use it for there to be any point. Starting a thread that no one engages with is pointless where posting in the main board gets foot traffic.

Edited by KiwiScot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I'd prefer the threads were not moved at all. Gives the board more life.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:
34 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Or maybe you need to learn a bit of understanding or at least read posts properly. I was saying how dangerous it was for the cyclist, not the motorist.

Yes, and then you went on to say that the remedy for a lorry doing a dumba*s and dangerous thing was for the cyclist to amend their behaviour. Not on the same level, but not too dissimilar to those incel c*nts who say that rape victims should dress more conservatively. 

That's ridiculous. We all see dangerous driving - which isn't the same as drivers being predatory or driving badly intentionally as in your extreme comparison - much bad driving is just done through carelessness or just stupidity.

My point was that cycling is dangerous and maybe the sensible thing to do is to consider self-preservation a bit more. I may not like the way a proportion of cyclists behave on the road (and off it) but I certainly don't think that a lot of drivers are any better. Cars and cycling don't mix well.....better to create more cycle routes (like in Holland) so cyclists can get around more without having to put themselves in danger.

I dare say this thread will disappear to the non-football section soon, but for the record I like the way it has now been highlighted at the top of the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, what's ridiculous is that you see a lorry angrily and dangerously endanger someone's life (not there own, I hasten to add, easy to be brave in your multi-tonne vehicle) and your first thought is, "Maybe that cyclist should have just gotten out of the way?"

You know when JFK was shot, why didn't he just get out of the way of the bullets? He was President after all, a profession with a higher chance of assassination than perhaps any other, maybe the sensible thing to do is consider self-preservation a bit more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

but only yesterday was following a lorry that got frustrated and overtook a cyclist virtually without pulling out at all, if the cyclist had wobbled, that would have been it. 

Tractors pull over to let traffic past - maybe more cyclists could do that to allow traffic through - it might be safer to do that than allow frustrated motorists behind from doing something stupid.

I understand fully Lakey; perhaps you don't?

A frustrated lorry driver dangerously overtook a cyclist who would have potentially died had they wobbled. Your very next sentence is to suggest maybe cyclists should pull over to stop frustrated motorists doing something stupid.

If you don't get how utterly stupid a comment that is then we're done here; the low esteem with which I regard you has managed to drop lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My suggestion was that stupid is what stupid does, whether it's drivers or cyclists.  If that wasn't clear in my post then I am sorry. 

What should interest a cyclist is self-preservation, not their ego and being like "I am here and I am going to hold my ground".

I was taught as a driver to assume that every other road user, whatever it is, car, bike, lorry etc is an idiot and therefore you should exepct anything at any time.  My impression of many cyclists I see is that they don't do that - and that is a dangerous attitude for them.  It is heck of a scary on a bike having a lorry pass you at the best of times - my advice would be get out of the way at the first opportunity and let them pass, not because they should get past, but because it will be safer for you if you do.

It's not rocket science - bike/lorry...or bike/big 4x4.......the contest is uneven.  Safety first!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

This has already been explained here

So basically you’re saying the brexit thread is too popular to be moved to the non-football area. Only the less popular ones are to be moved. That already suggests to me the non-football area will either not be “policed” properly or it will never get posted in. If the latter happens (but threads are still being moved from the football forum) I imagine you’ll lose a lot of visitors (and clicks on adverts).

 

Edited by Aggy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

Shall I start a poll on it?

That should be in the non football section

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a sub forum for  Lakey’s Lectures. 😄

As for that Brexit thread it should be moved it’s just a shed load of old duffers arguing at each other......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Indy said:

We need a sub forum for  Lakey’s Lectures. 😄

As for that Brexit thread it should be moved it’s just a shed load of old duffers arguing at each other......

Oh no it isn’t!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×