I started the cricket thread, as the Aussie kit looked like a ‘possible’ NCFC kit - it was very yellow this year!  It is pretty clear what it’s about, though, so anyone can easily avoid it should they not want to talk about our national summer game...

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

You either have rules (or should I say guidelines) or you do not.

Flaunt them and you get a free for all which suits nobody.

The existence of the long standing Brexit thread (yawn) does seem to have opened the floodgates by giving credence to all sorts of non-footballing items.

The fact that this thread has become the equivalent of a forum whoopee cushion with a few largely ill-informed participants just blowing raspberries at each other doesn't help. The fact that it has a habit of staring us in the face with some self-opinionated nonsense or other each morning when we log on is rather insulting and something most of us neither need nor welcome.  

As the OP stated, it is not particularly bothersome and it can easily be avoided, but it's not as if there isn't a perfectly adequate outlet for topics other than NCFC.

Only if you open the thread. I haven't looked at it since I last commented about 3 years ago.

What about threads about Ipswich? It's not football, it's not non-football, not political and only loosely connected to sport (in a similar way that shooting fish in a barrel could be classed as sport). Bit of a conununundrum.

"You either have rules (or should I say guidelines) or you do not.

Flaunt them and you get a free for all which suits nobody."

It's becoming the case. It really, really is (to quote Paul Lambert.)

I have just scrutinised the first dozen or so postings and six or those were not about football, let alone NCFC.

It's  ok to say ignore them but when you have to tip toe around a minefield of irrelevance when you have signed in to read about football and news relative to our club it doesn't suit me.

Bah humbug!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

"You either have rules (or should I say guidelines) or you do not.

Flaunt them and you get a free for all which suits nobody."

It's becoming the case. It really, really is (to quote Paul Lambert.)

I have just scrutinised the first dozen or so postings and six or those were not about football, let alone NCFC.

It's  ok to say ignore them but when you have to tip toe around a minefield of irrelevance when you have signed in to read about football and news relative to our club it doesn't suit me.

Bah humbug!

Tiptoeing around a minefield of irrelevance is part of the attraction on here isn’t it? One of the recent threads is from a lady selling an event about a Social Club and ended up with two blokes arguing about how fat each other are.  Comedy gold . Makes the lunchtime Tesco Meal Deal much more palatable. 

21 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

We MUST find a scapegoat. :classic_rolleyes:

Forum's a joke.

Apples

I blame Russell Martin, Gary Doherty, Jez Moxey, Morty and Tony Blair. And Delia and Michael obvs. 

The flip side to the not strictly NCFC related material is we get a more rounded view of our fellow posters, and that can only be a good thing.

• Haha 1

The problem with the non-football board's is no one goes to them. You can get endless comments on topics posted on the main board, but none on the non-football board. No one goes there that often. Like I've said before a link on the main discussion board to it would help or even a temp sticky.

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/forum/5-have-your-say/

However I agree with they help keep traffice on the board. Its important a forum looks active as you can go to other teams sites and its a lot busier.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

I blame Russell Martin, Gary Doherty, Jez Moxey, Morty and Tony Blair. And Delia and Michael obvs. 

The flip side to the not strictly NCFC related material is we get a more rounded view of our fellow posters, and that can only be a good thing.

You forgot Fozzy.

FWIW, I don't read the EU thread, never will, yes, I have an opinion but it's mine and it stays that way. I'm happy to talk football with anybody but I don't need a 'more rounded view' of them. 

2 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

FWIW, I don't read the EU thread, never will, yes, I have an opinion but it's mine and it stays that way. I'm happy to talk football with anybody but I don't need a 'more rounded view' of them. 

Snap. Never read it, never will. After over three years, I'm just sick to death of talking/hearing about it, and generally talking about it just leads to arguments and people falling out. I've got my opinions on it but I don't want to fall out with people on here or base my opinions on them due to political beliefs.

Wish I'd never started on the EU thread, I'm called all sorts of names on there and what's worst, some people continue to call me names on other threads !

It keeps traffic on the Forum and where would be the fun if everybody had the same opinion.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Wish I'd never started on the EU thread, I'm called all sorts of names on there and what's worst, some people continue to call me names on other threads !

Sticks and stones Swindon, chin up old man👍

56 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's only Bill to be fair. And there is a block button. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's only Bill to be fair. And there is a block button. 

Made I Larrf !! Can we use it as the Message Board Motto. Anyone smart enough to translate into Latin or better still , Old French.

Regarding the Non - Football thing, doesnt bother me either way, If say the Footy was getting lost among the off topics, then yes , move them, but as its not invasive, Let it Be.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Made I Larrf !! Can we use it as the Message Board Motto. Anyone smart enough to translate into Latin or better still , Old French.

Non nisi Bill, in veritas. Et est machina obturans. (Literally "There is non except Bill, in truth. And there is a device of blocking).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Says a lot about you that..............😉

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Bill and Hola hoops and I've blocked both !

18 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Non nisi Bill, in veritas. Et est machina obturans. (Literally "There is non except Bill, in truth. And there is a device of blocking).

The ultimate face changer😀

59 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

why, thankyou kinda lingual Sir !!

5 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

why, thankyou kinda lingual Sir !!

As Tacitus probably never said, "voluntas mea fiet". (You're welcome).

6 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

As Tacitus probably never said, "voluntas mea fiet". (You're welcome).

The only Latin I remember is..... Est mihi maxime gallus, est vobis minime gallus!!

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

The only Latin I remember is..... Est mihi maxime gallus, est vobis minime gallus!!

Ha ha-that's c0ck as in chicken-we never learned the naughty words!

5 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Ha ha-that's c0ck as in chicken-we never learned the naughty words!

Nor did we , but big cockerel was funny when I was 13/14 , still makes chuckle. The scenario in the textbook was two servants from different households trying to outdo each other, 'my master has more horses than yours' kind of thing.....in the end it all came down to the size of their cockerels.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Nor did we , but big cockerel was funny when I was 13/14 , still makes chuckle. The scenario in the textbook was two servants from different households trying to outdo each other, 'my master has more horses than yours' kind of thing.....in the end it all came down to the size of their cockerels.

This was what we read, but only Book 1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge_Latin_Course