Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

foolish fans

"Why the focus on the negative we just won five in a row..............what if Ashton stays and we win the play off''s?"

"winning the playoffs" will be no easy task. We have to get there first. And there are at least half the clubs in this division who will fancy their chances of making them. And then it''s a lottery!

The thing that concerns me is the lack of clean sheets this season. Our goals against record could really come back to haunt us. Remember when we got in above Burnley by ONE goal? That''s the sort of thing that could be happening to us.

As for Worthy, he''s not out of the woods yet. As a Worthy Out-er, I admit that the team has done very well in recent weeks, beyond my expectation. But there''s plenty of the season left, and with our injury crisis, the January window will be crucial for him. Lets hope we buy some quality..

no i dont feel stupid... i knwo how poor a manager Nigel is and i know sooner or later this little bubble will burst for him... i dont want it too as i want premiership football.. but he isnt the man to acheive that on a long term basis for Norwich city... once we lose watch Morale hit Rock bottom again, and worthy to still lack idears which he does now...

Recycle plan A over and over again because theres no plan b.. Failing that hire a shrink.... but after the 2nd half vs Burnley and the whole game yesterday it is still clear that Worthington cant motivate them when the chips are down.

jas :)

We are still here Wayne, 5 wins in 2 weeks and not even in a play off spot does not turn around the last 18 months. Am loving winning but would rather it was with a different manager. Are you really so narrow minded to think that 5 wins on the bounce means Nigel is our king? It seems so, but remember all this joy and where has it got us.....NO WHERE.  With our team we should be setting the pace in this tin pot division, and we are a long way off from Reading and lets face it we should be there. 

5 wins great, a play off place and promotion maybe.....but do not be under any illusion we have under acheived this season and unless we finish in the top two my view on this will remain.

I ask the question "Foolish fans or just foolish short sighted Wayne?"

OTBC

St.John 

The team on saturday was:

Green

Colin Docherty Fleming Drury

Etuthu Safri Charlton

Mcviegh Ashton Hucks

All apart from Etuthu were here on the opening day of the season, so tell me why it has taken 27 games for us to really start to play like we ALL knew we could and should have been playing?? There is still a VERY long way to go.

Well done to the team for the last five games and i really hope that this run keeps going.

ON THE BALL CITY!

Wayne

First of all, most Worthy doubters/outer posters on here, and elsewhere, are first and foremost supporters of our club who for whatever reasons (and most have been documented on here) think Worthy has done all he can for the club.  So, we have now won a few games and are in a respectable position in the table, what a good season we are having, a great start ....

Wake up time, this is not September, October or even, for those with a bit of patience, November.  We cruised through those months of mind numblingly bad football, excuses about injuries etc, etc and now at last have won five games in a row.  Great, fab.  One of our best ever Xmas periods.  Fact is, we should have started in August, with the rest of them. 

IMO, Worthy has enjoyed five years here, but most of that time his teams have been inconsistent, have played negative and naive football, especially away from home, he has dumped unfavoured players etc, etc, I could go on, but with the squad we have we should have been capable of this sort of form when the season started.  The catalyst to the present good run (McVeigh) was almost sold!  Sort of tells you the type of player Mr Worthington favours.

Sorry Wayne, while I am truly happy we are doing well, and hopefully well enough to persuade Deano not to leave, I am not convinced we can really go much further forward with a manager who didn''t plan for this season (midfield for starters), and if the real reason for our wins of late have been a psychologist, well why not appoint him/her as manager?  Motivation should be done to Worthy and co.

And btw, I haven''t been on here much over Christmas as it''s a family time!

We''ll see what sort of manager he is when Hughes is fit again. If he continues to play him we''ll not make the play offs!

A Manager is there to manage.

How did Worthy manage to end up with only one available or fit midfielder for the Preston match.

There are many aspects to running a club and Nigel is incomplete in his role.

He needs to learn fast in the time he has bought or his transition needs to be managed by the Board.

"i know how poor a manager Nigel is and i know sooner or later this little bubble will burst for him..."

Wow jas, you must have a crystal ball or something! Did you "know" we''d beat Sheff Utd and be the first to do so on their home patch? Or that we''d get 15 from 15 leading up to and over Christmas?

What else do you know, we could make a lot of money from you!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

no i dont feel stupid... i knwo how poor a manager Nigel is and i know sooner or later this little bubble will burst for him... i dont want it too as i want premiership football.. but he isnt the man to acheive that on a long term basis for Norwich city... once we lose watch Morale hit Rock bottom again, and worthy to still lack idears which he does now...

Recycle plan A over and over again because theres no plan b.. Failing that hire a shrink.... but after the 2nd half vs Burnley and the whole game yesterday it is still clear that Worthington cant motivate them when the chips are down.

[/quote]Sorry jas, but how much further down do you need the chips to be before you''ll credit Worthy with some motivational/managerial skills?I''d say 3 pts from the relegation zone in an atmosphere of mass hysteria and witchunt from a section of the fanbase is pretty far down.To then win five consecutive games, three of them away and one of them at Bramall Lane is pretty clear evidence as far as I''m concerned.

[quote user="ncfc0405"]
Sorry jas, but how much further down do you need the chips to be before you''ll credit Worthy with some motivational/managerial skills?

I''d say 3 pts from the relegation zone in an atmosphere of mass hysteria and witchunt from a section of the fanbase is pretty far down.

To then win five consecutive games, three of them away and one of them at Bramall Lane is pretty clear evidence as far as I''m concerned.
[/quote]

well he certainly isnt getting any today is he!!!!!

what a load of rubbish!