Apparently so.

They seem like they missed a trick by not putting us in the Cambridge, P'boro and Northampton group. I reckon you'd have had a few hundred strong away following to those fixtures. As it is, not many Norwich folk are going to be up for a midweek, evening trip to Portsmouth, Oxford or Crawley.

• Like 1

Oxford is an easy one for me, and a new ground!  I wonder if I'd need to buy the away membership to get a ticket 🤣

24 minutes ago, Matt Juler said:

Do we play all games away?

See my post further up:

All group games are played away for Academy teams. In the last 32, each of the 16 group winners get a home tie to one of the 16 runners-up (still regionalised). Last 16 is unseeded, but still regionalised. QF onwards is an open draw.

More here: https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/EFL-trophy/efltrophyinfo/rules--regulations/

So do the fixtures count as a first team match? It’s a strange scenario if one teams appearances and goals count in the record books but the other teams doesn’t.  

From the pinkun article

"The last time City faced Portsmouth - in January - they suffered an humiliating 1-0 home defeat in the FA Cup third round."

Not how I remembered that. Played And controlled most of the match with 10 men before being suckerpunched at the end. Hardly a humiliation

Edited by ThorpeCanary

1 hour ago, Clint said:

So do the fixtures count as a first team match? It’s a strange scenario if one teams appearances and goals count in the record books but the other teams doesn’t.  

I don't believe that appearances in the EFL trophy count as first-team appearances. They didn't last time we were in it, IIRC.

16 hours ago, ThorpeCanary said:

From the pinkun article

"The last time City faced Portsmouth - in January - they suffered an humiliating 1-0 home defeat in the FA Cup third round."

Not how I remembered that. Played And controlled most of the match with 10 men before being suckerpunched at the end. Hardly a humiliation

I didn't remember it how you did-just watched the highlights-we had a lot of possession but really only 1 clear cut chance, they had 3 or 4. So the manner of it wasn't humiliating but we rode our luck. Probably the only cup game under DF where we haven't gone for it and probably weren't bothered if we went out.

We should not be in this comp nor any u23/21 team. Lets the lower leagues play amongst themselves.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

We should not be in this comp nor any u23/21 team. Lets the lower leagues play amongst themselves.

.... but I want to beat 1p5wich, waaaaah!

Even if we did come across Ipswich later in the competition couldn't see us getting no more than the normal league allocation tickets,as no way would old bill want or allow 5,000 odd Norwich to attend

4 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Kind of Agree but its competitive games for lads not out on loan, so, ambivalence from me. I'll still watch if i can find the games though.

I get the impression that they would settle for being knocked out by Colchester rather than face the prospect of having to play against our youngsters with a possible total humiliation on the cards.

Even having to play our boys would be somewhat demeaning for them, considering their wonderful history.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1