Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

4 years for Zimbo

Recommended Posts

To be honest, Zimmermann has pi*sed me right off. On my Football Manager Southampton put in an offer of £3.5 million for him and I rejected it and he threw his toys out of the pram. Ended up selling him for £4.5 million.

We don't need those types of people in our squad.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could get big stick for this but Zimbo makes me think of Tony Adams every time I see him play. Not exactly graceful, but what a consistent, no nonsense defender he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

To be honest, Zimmermann has pi*sed me right off. On my Football Manager Southampton put in an offer of £3.5 million for him and I rejected it and he threw his toys out of the pram. Ended up selling him for £4.5 million.

We don't need those types of people in our squad.

Exactly the same on mine except I negotiated up to £6.5 mill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems a good guy, has thrown himself into life at the club too which is always nice to see.

I remain skeptical about him making the step up- his lack of pace and his turning circle concern me when faced with top level strikers- but he's proved me wrong before.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, lharman7 said:

Exactly the same on mine except I negotiated up to £6.5 mill.

Damn it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, king canary said:

Seems a good guy, has thrown himself into life at the club too which is always nice to see.

I remain skeptical about him making the step up- his lack of pace and his turning circle concern me when faced with top level strikers- but he's proved me wrong before.

So far since coming in he's stepped up to every challenge against, not just yours but most peoples, expectations. Wouldn't be surprised to see him do it again. Plenty of good CB's with lack of pace in the Prem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

Only Mario to go............ still🤬

Holding out for a 3 year deal & the club are only offering 2 years maybe?  Or are we open to offers for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, king canary said:

Seems a good guy, has thrown himself into life at the club too which is always nice to see.

I remain skeptical about him making the step up- his lack of pace and his turning circle concern me when faced with top level strikers- but he's proved me wrong before.

I sort of agree with this, but would like to see him get the chance he deserves. I think we're still potentially in the market for another CB, if the rumours of Hanley out on loan were true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×