Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Leicester spending power

Building a new £80M training ground and just spent £70M in less than a week on just 2 players. Really hope they fail but Brendon is certainly getting the backing here. 

Are the top 5/6 teams who’ve had it they’re own way for a few decades going to be caught up via the Foxes and Wolves ? 

Manure and Chelski could have very difficult seasons, Arsenal arent exactly the force they were, either.  We could end up next season with a big three( MC, POOL, SPUDS), ahead of a medium six/seven (ARSENAL, CHELSEA,MANURE, EVERTON,  WOLVES , FOXES...not necessarily in that order) . we just need to be the best of the rest for next season to be a success.

I don't give a monkeys about the moneybags clubs, however they're funded. Very happy with and proud of our club (and our owners), for doing it our way, however this season ends up.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

No, but I think they will challenge the Evertons

"The Evertons"? That's Everton and... ? It's either the big six or wannabes like Leicester or Wolves isn't it? Everton are in a pretty unique position with their longevity in the PL but lack of success. I would have said Villa were similar until a few years ago, but obviously relegation blew that.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Everton are in a pretty unique position with their longevity in the PL but lack of success. 

as was discussed on here the other week, only 3 Teams out of 92, have won nothing, Cups, Promotions etc, in the last 17 years. As you say Everton, Oldham and? The Pride of East Anglia apparently 🤭

Well , that's what makes the Championship such an interesting, competitive league , there are no certainties... In the PL there are... a title race will be a two horse race , top six will be the same imo... I will be following NCFC where ever I can and I am thrilled to be part of our premier league experience ... but I won't be following the "title race" too closely and listening to the pundits getting an 0rg@sm every time MC, Pool, Frank Lampard's Chelski or Manure win a game or sign a 100m £ player.

Clubs like Everton just don't have the £ to compete...Leicester obviously have...football is ruled by it , I am proud of being a supporter of a club that hasn't been infested/injected by the "money above everything bug"

Edited by ROBFLECK
  • Like 1

I think we may well see Leicester balancing their books quite soon with a substantial sale or two - one or two of MaGuire, Maddison or Chilwell probably. (If they don't do this, then yes, they are really pushing the boat out financially). 

I think we may well see Leicester balancing their books quite soon with a substantial sale or two - one or two of MaGuire, Maddison or Chilwell probably. (If they don't do this, then yes, they are really pushing the boat out financially). 

I was thinking the same thing. More thinking of MacGuire going for big money than the others. Don't quite see them breaking into the top six just yet despite their title win.

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Don't quite see them breaking into the top six just yet despite their title win.

I think that they could, Chelsea have a transfer ban and a young Manager, Man U  have a big rebuilding job and a young Manager, Arsenal aren't the force they used to be, they could be top four, almost by default. 

Well, I thought Tielemans was one hell of a player for them last season! But is he worth that kind of money? The same question arises everytime the next top transfer is reported...are they freaking worth it?

3 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

Well, I thought Tielemans was one hell of a player for them last season! But is he worth that kind of money? The same question arises everytime the next top transfer is reported...are they freaking worth it?

In today's market, £40m for him isn't bad at all. But that's the market we're dealing with nowadays.

Ground to be expanded soon to over 40,000 capacity. Leicester fans are more fickle than most though so will look great half full if and when they hit the Championship once more .