Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Buendía signs new 5 year deal!

11 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Exactly why I picked him. Very few posters around in a position to contradict me...

Well i can think of one but he tends to be rather busy most evenings on the EU thread. Mind you he tends to contradict himself a lot of the time. 😜

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Wolfie was still better.

UnhappyDaringIndianrhinoceros.gif

• Haha 1

Best signing of the summer. Can't remember seeing a better player in my 20 years supporting. We do need to also credit Farke though. The Emi Buendia we have now is not the same player Getafe were happy to let go of for 5 mil last summer. He was decent in his first few games, but over the course of the season he developed like crazy. For the final 15/20 games or so he looked like he could easily play for a top 4 club and made a mockery of the Championship. 

Playing in a higher league, with games spaced out more and with team mates who will hopefully step up a gear god knows how good he could be next year. 

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Great news by the way about Buendia and not too many letters to make it expensive on the back of my new shirt.

I'm not going to commit until we sign Lu Yi

6 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

A few good performances next season, which barring injury will happen, and surely Scaloni will be looking at him for the senior squad. Norwich’s first £80mil player 👍 (but I’d rather keep him!)

and yet Palace will still come in with a cheeky bid of £10 million...

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Great news by the way about Buendia and not too many letters to make it expensive on the back of my new shirt.

If you're looking to save money, just put EMI on, we'll know who you mean. 

13 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

One-trick show pony. Not fit to lace Bryan Conlon's boots.

Joking aside, it is a sign of how the game has changed. Back then signing someone from a Scottish club was regarded as an exotic trip into the unknown. And Conlon was an English workhorse who knocked around the divisions below the top flight.

We probably paid Millwall around £15,000 for him. Now we shell out 100 times that (it does seem £1.5m was the basic fee, whatever the add-ons) for an Argentine playing in Spain and rightly regard it as an absolute bargain.