Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Reality Check

Some of us were concerned at the descent from Boxing Day. Against Leicester we comforted ourselves by saying "Well it''s a good team that can win when they''re not playing well." Today we could produce little, - losing fifty-fifty balls, giving the ball away, and generally overcome by a team that wanted it more and had more skill in the midfield. It''s not surprising that they can do without Etuhu!Unless Preston suffer countless injuries or a shocking loss of form, there seems littlepoint in us hoping for a play-off place. Even if we made it, can you see us beating them with the same squad? Even if Safri had been there, would it really have been any different?The game reminds us, if we need it, that we did not sign enough players in the summer, that we did not buy quality and that in our squad are a few players who lack the quality. I''m sorry Worthy, but your assessment that the squad was large enough and good enough does not hold water. It looks like a place outside the play-offs and a pressing need for more and better players at some point. Preston have shown the way, - quietly picking up good players and forging them into a hard-working unit. All credit to them.

Dire!   Dire!   Dire!Quite possibly the worst performance I have ever witnessed and is Etuhu the worst player ever to pull on the green and yellow shirt?   Lets stop papering over the cracks.  Whose squad is this?  Whose last three midfield signings have been Etuhu (yes we have or are going to sign),  Hughes and Jarrett?   Oh, and lets add Jurgen Colin to the list of fantastic signings - better than Edworthy (don''t make me laugh)?   Thats a total of around £1.5 million isn''t it?If Ashton goes (and who could blame him after today and the season to date), would YOU trust Worthy with a few million?  Yes, he signed Ashton but then again my missus could have judged that one and she doesn''t even watch football. Fact - Preston, Wolves, Palace, Leeds and a few others have far better SQUADS than ours in what is a poor league.   All very well blaming tiredness and the gruelling schedule, but who assembled the squad?   If we are fortunate enough to make the play offs it will be not be down to good judgement.    Our squad is weaker now than it was 2 years ago and once Ashton goes it will  be weaker still.  I  wouldn''t want to even think about how Worthy may go about strengthening it, if he gets any money.  I am certain he can find plenty more "cast offs" from somewhere.  It could be a longer term catastrophe if HE is given the money to spend.More humiliation in the FA Cup next week - bet the Hammers are quaking in their boots!

Yes, agree with all this.   A nice condensation of all our faults: small squad, poor managerial choice in close-season signings, and little confidence given that, even with money to spend, it will be wisely spent.  This match this afternoon was not the worst I have ever seen, in many, many years there is quite simply too much compensation for that, but it did emphasise in a real way what is wrong at the Club.  Will the Board recognise any of this?  I very much doubt it.

I dont blame Tiredness or a gruelling schedule.. thats a joke of an excuse!!!! Preston and everyone else in the division played exactly the same number of games...some teams even have smaller squads then us!

Today was typical of Where Norwich city is... we have had our Lucky spell.. Preston came to fight and Came to win... we were hoping for a slice of luck which we have had in our past 5 games... or only real effort was a speculative Flemmo shot on 75 minutes when the game Was Prestons... they have had chances, they have passed the ball and they have made us look not even 2nd or 3rd rate but 5th rate!

How much have we wasted on Etuhu??? im sure he forgot who he was playing for today.. the chants of "send him back" imo were, although maybe somewaht demoralising, called for... if he was any good he wouldnt be joining us for next to nothing form a promotion chasing side would he?

as for the goals.. a joke! ok maybe the ref was to blame for the first one but the handball was clear and could of been deal with and Simon "flap" charlton should of punted the 3rd into row Z of the jarrold stand....

This squad is a joke, this recent Run is a false hood and our manager is clueless!!!! we have had our 5 wins and the general consensus in Block D after the game is that we are now due 5 Losses to put us right back where we started from...

Now its Janauray i expecyt more money to be wasted on players who arent good enough, and are no better than whats been sold previously.. we dont have a promotion squad.. we have a mid table at best squad... we havent turned the corner.. we are going round in a circle...Worthington Out!

jas :)

Change the frigging record will you? We had a poor day, a bad result. Do you really think we should give up now?